QB 1, 2, and 3

Justice

I keep hearing how we need linebackers, and receivers, and I agree, but QB is THE most important position on any NFL team hoping to win a Super Bowl. Period. So I say screw everything else. Draft a quarterback in the first three rounds and hope one of them pan out.

1. Smith/Glennon

2. Manuel/Barkley

3. Nassib/Boyd

This may be a little drastic, but what the hell. I'm tired of inept quarterbacking. Smith and Manuel, in particular, have the skill set present day NFL requires. Big arms and mobile.

Free agency can fill out the remaining holes.

I am glad you are not GM.

If you draft one in the first round you expect him to be your starter. Why draft one on the 2nd and 3rd after that? Those are potential starters too and instead you guarantee you're drafting two backups that will never play and may not even dress.

Also instead of developing one guy (which is hard enough to do) You want to develop 3? good luck.

I agree with the Captain. If you want to take the best QB left in round 1 when we draft I don't have a problem with that. But we do have a lot of holes at other places as well such as WR and LB and even DB.

I think we should draft offense heavy at WR and QB. I'm tired of throwing resources at a defense that only gets worse by the year no matter what we do.

Edited by reddogblitz

here is my wish list trade up or take the best qb in the first round that falls to you. Offer Fitz a restructure to his contract to remain a Bill or cut him. Cut Thigpen and keep smith. If Fitz takes restructure cut TJax. if not keep Tjax and cut Fitz. then draft another qb in late rounds or UDFA. Got your Franchise QB (#1pick) your backup( Fitz or Tjax) and your insurance pick as your third string. Also get a wide receiver and LB in the mix too. Dont care if it is the draft or FA. Oh, I want a new coaching staff too.

I agree with the Captain. If you want to take the best QB left in round 1 when we draft I don't have a problem with that. But we do have a lot of holes at other places as well such as WR and LB and even DB.

I think we should draft offense heavy at WR and QB. I'm tired of throwing resources at a defense that only gets worse by the year no matter what we do.

The new coaching staff fixes the D.

You are severely underestimating how badly this team needs help at LB, and sorry, but taking 3 QB's is silly - it's not likely you'd even find out which of the three you got was any good (if any).

As for WR's - good QB's make WR's look a lot better - we'll all be amazed how good some of the Bills' WR's look when they stop having most of their passes thrown behind/too high/in the turf.

Hard not to like how the Redskins did it last year - picked up a second good QB in the 4th. Unfortunately there isn't a 1st-rounder likely to be aa sure a thing as Griffin (much less Luck - the surest QB pick in 20+ years)) this year.

The new coaching staff fixes the D.

Two defensive coordinators and two schemes couldn't make these LB's lookl like NFL players.

You see them often in the right position to make a play, and they simply can't move fast enough to do it, or are too weak to take on even blocks from RB's. It's got nothing to do with coaching when you see that happen play after play.

Edited by BobChalmers

Two defensive coordinators and two schemes couldn't make these LB's lookl like NFL players.

You see them often in the right position to make a play, and they simply can't move fast enough to do it, or are too weak to take on even blocks from RB's. It's got nothing to do with coaching when you see that happen play after play.

This is why I wouldn't be upset if they ended up with a stub LB in round 1. I don't think I need to remind everyone that the run defense has been God awful against good teams and good RBs...San Fran, New England, Chris Johnson, etc. Getting a Patrick Willis or Von Miller type would work for me.

I know QB is a need, but if the right one isn't there when they pick in round 1, then go with a Manti Te'o or someone to fill that mold.

I keep hearing how we need linebackers, and receivers, and I agree, but QB is THE most important position on any NFL team hoping to win a Super Bowl. Period. So I say screw everything else. Draft a quarterback in the first three rounds and hope one of them pan out.

1. Smith/Glennon

2. Manuel/Barkley

3. Nassib/Boyd

This may be a little drastic, but what the hell. I'm tired of inept quarterbacking. Smith and Manuel, in particular, have the skill set present day NFL requires. Big arms and mobile.

I've often thought of this also. One way or another the bills have got to get better at QB. Rather than putting all the eggs in one basket play probability and fire the shotgun at the target instead of trying to be a sniper.

Maybe three is excessive but rd 1&3 or 1&2?

I agree radical change is needed and people will be clamoring that any other player picked is a bust anyways....why not?

If you draft one in the first round you expect him to be your starter. Why draft one on the 2nd and 3rd after that? Those are potential starters too and instead you guarantee you're drafting two backups that will never play and may not even dress.

Also instead of developing one guy (which is hard enough to do) You want to develop 3? good luck.

Seemed to work out OK for the Skins.

1. Smith/Glennon

2. Manuel/Barkley

3. Nassib/Boyd

This is just silly. Ridiculous, actually. You did say it was "drastic" though.. :death:

Ask the Redskins that question. Better yet, ask the Seahawks why did they draft a QB so high why they just paid a truckload of money for one.

Why aren't people paying attention to Tajh Boyd body of work? Didn't we learn anything from Russell Wilson?

Seemed to work out OK for the Skins.

Skins drafted Cousins in the later rounds, but they absolutely knew that RGIII was their QB and will be their QB unless RGIII's knee blows out and he's done for the season in the future. There was no competition whatsoever.

There's no RGIII in this draft. Drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds is asinine. You wanna take a QB in round 1 and maybe take another in round 4 or 5, sure.

Also, the redskins didn't finish at the bottom of the league in defense the year they drafted RGIII and Cousins like the Bills are this season. We can't just ignore all other positions.

The Bills are second to last in points/game on defense this season and we were third to last in points/game on defense last season.

His thinking is not that radical. Would you trade your first three picks for a number 1 QB? Answer is yes. So use the first three, draft three and odds are you find the guy that can do it.

His thinking is not that radical. Would you trade your first three picks for a number 1 QB? Answer is yes. So use the first three, draft three and odds are you find the guy that can do it.

I would trade the first 3 picks for a guy you're bonkers over, like Luck, RGIII, or even Cam Newton two seasons ago.

Our result would likely render Ponder, Tannehill, and Weeden.

Edited by bobobonators

Landry Jones has big time production at OK, and he is a four year player, something that NIX really likes.

Firm believer that he will have the best NFL career out of all the 2013 QB draftees (do like Geno a lot as well though and would be a proponent of trading up for him, but don't see KC letting that happen). As I've posted numerous times, WR/LB 1st, Jones with 2nd pick (either trading up or taking in 2nd round, whatever is necessary), and WR/LB 3rd (whichever we didn't get in 1st). Would also be very excited to have another QB in the 4th (maybe a Nassib or Dysert type). Tough to project where QBs are going at this point. Right now it seems that Smith is the only 1st round lock. I've seen Jones going anywhere from 1st round to 4th round. Combine and other workouts are going to be more important this offseason than any other in a long long time. Should be interesting.

Edited by Mark80