West Virginia vs Syracuse

Solomon Grundy

Saturday at 3pm two potential QB candidates will do battle. Although many people want Geno Smith, I believe that he will be gone by the Bills pick. Another candidate is Ryan Nassib. This will be a measuring stick for Nassib. Even though WV has a terrible defense, he must have a great game to be considered a high draft pick. Tune in.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is going to be tough on both qbs and it has nothing to do with the defenses they will face. Forecast calls for 2-4 inches of snow and the game will be played outdoors. This won't be the best game to judge either of their talent on but it will be nice to see how they handle the challenge.

This game is going to be tough on both qbs and it has nothing to do with the defenses they will face. Forecast calls for 2-4 inches of snow and the game will be played outdoors. This won't be the best game to judge either of their talent on but it will be nice to see how they handle the challenge.

Actually, games in this kind of weather can tell you a lot about a QB prospect.

GO BILLS!!!

a good game combined with a good combine or pro day could shoot him into the first. never underestimate the potential run on quarterbacks at any given moment in the draft.

IF Nix (or whomever) likes him he's gotta be taken in the second. Personally I'd like the pick. I've seen most of his games this year and many over past seasons (Mrs. BB is a grad) and he's improved tremendously (IMO) each season. Good size, good arm, good mobility.

Nassib has solidified himself as at worst a 3rd rounder. A good game here probably locks him into the 2nd round.

He's already in the second round. After the senior bowl and combine it'll move him in to the first. He's not a starter out of the gate unless he's on a bad team that can wait 3 years for him to his his stride. But, he's easily the strongest QB in the draft, has mobility, one of the strongest arms in the draft, played in a spread and pro offense, and his HC was Drew Bree former OC in N.O.

GO BILLS!!!

+1

My hope is the Bills look hard at Nassib. hopefully he plays well in the snow even though he played in the Dome in the 'Cuse.

If we get a QB and LB in the first 2 rounds I will be very happy.

Not a lot not to like about Nassib. Hope a lot of people watch this game and find out how good he his. He's got adequate size, plays in a pro offense with not a lot of talent, has good character, and has a cannon for an arm. Not to mention that he's consistently progressed every year. Take a look at his stats...it's exactly what you want to see. Bills will regret passing on him.

Edit: Zero shot Dysert goes ahead of Nassib.

Edited by Zac

Not a lot not to like about Nassib. Hope a lot of people watch this game and find out how good he his. He's got adequate size, plays in a pro offense with not a lot of talent, has good character, and has a cannon for an arm. Not to mention that he's consistently progressed every year. Take a look at his stats...it's exactly what you want to see. Bills will regret passing on him.

Edit: Zero shot Dysert goes ahead of Nassib.

I would hope the Bills had somebody in the stands at ever home Syracuse game this year. If not we are dumber than I thought.

If they go into the scouting combine are he blows them away, I say take the Best LB on the board in the first and trade back into the first round and take Nassib.

sounds simple doesn't it. ??

I would hope the Bills had somebody in the stands at ever home Syracuse game this year. If not we are dumber than I thought.

If they go into the scouting combine are he blows them away, I say take the Best LB on the board in the first and trade back into the first round and take Nassib.

sounds simple doesn't it. ??

Sounds simple except for the fact that other team could select him while you are playing games trying to trade back into the 1st rd.

If they like him enough to scout him every week and then "he blows them away at the combine" just take him and don't risk losing him. Sure Kiper will lambast the Bills and call it a reach but if the Front office feels that this kid is the answer, you do it.

QB is 1 million times more important to a team than a linebacker, IMO

Saturday at 3pm two potential QB candidates will do battle. Although many people want Geno Smith, I believe that he will be gone by the Bills pick. Another candidate is Ryan Nassib. This will be a measuring stick for Nassib. Even though WV has a terrible defense, he must have a great game to be considered a high draft pick. Tune in.

Against the West Virginia defense, even Ryan Fitzpatrick would look good. Seriously, I've seen WV play alot this year (my wife is an alum) and if a QB can't look good against that defense then they must not be good. Nothing positive to learn from Nassib in this game. I've also seen Geno Smith alot -- I for one am sold on him. He's accurate, patient, mobile, and from all account a hard worker. I for one am hoping the Bills figure out a way to draft him, but I think the possibilities are slim.

GO BILLS!!!

While I don't disagree with you I don't really agree with you. Snow and cold can wreak havoc on a passing game especially if it's windy out. I just know a lot of people haven't seen Nassib/Smith play much and this might not be the game for them to judge them on. It will be great to see both of them play in some "Buffalo weather" but it shouldn't be the end all be all that it will for some. Add to the fact that it is a bowl game way after their last games and I already am annoyed by the "yeah I saw him once and he did x" crowd. Just want to preempt that a bit

Against the West Virginia defense, even Ryan Fitzpatrick would look good. Seriously, I've seen WV play alot this year (my wife is an alum) and if a QB can't look good against that defense then they must not be good. Nothing positive to learn from Nassib in this game. I've also seen Geno Smith alot -- I for one am sold on him. He's accurate, patient, mobile, and from all account a hard worker. I for one am hoping the Bills figure out a way to draft him, but I think the possibilities are slim.

SU torched a ranked WVU team last year and I came away really unimpressed with Smith, specifically his sideline demeanor. I am interested to see how he responds in this game. However the snow and the fact that this bowl game will be played a full 5 weeks after SU last suited up make me realize not to much can be gleaned from this game.

nassib has a cannon for an arm...unfortunately he has no governor on that arm...so when he tries little screen or dump off passes...he just rifles them in there and the poor receivers have to work VERY hard to make the catch...not sure how coachable that is at this point in his development...that is my only concern with him

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.