West Virginia vs Syracuse

Solomon Grundy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds simple except for the fact that other team could select him while you are playing games trying to trade back into the 1st rd.

If they like him enough to scout him every week and then "he blows them away at the combine" just take him and don't risk losing him. Sure Kiper will lambast the Bills and call it a reach but if the Front office feels that this kid is the answer, you do it.

QB is 1 million times more important to a team than a linebacker, IMO

I cant disagree with anything you said.

And who cares what Kiper thinks, his guess is as good as ours is regarding the draft.

He's already in the second round. After the senior bowl and combine it'll move him in to the first. He's not a starter out of the gate unless he's on a bad team that can wait 3 years for him to his his stride. But, he's easily the strongest QB in the draft, has mobility, one of the strongest arms in the draft, played in a spread and pro offense, and his HC was Drew Bree former OC in N.O.

I don't think he is the strongest QB but he is above average.

The Bills shouldn't reach for Ryan Nassib. I am steadfast against drafting the next quarterback, but if they must, I would pick between Tyler Bray, Tyler Wilson, or Aaron Murray (if Murray declares). I still think that the answer is in free agency or trade. Kirk Cousins is my pick.

There are no worthwhile QBs available for trade or in free agency other than Kirk Cousins (and MAYBE Matt Flynn if we can get him for cheap). But in the draft, I like Smith, Wilson, Glennon (and Murray but I doubt he declares).

Nassib is from PA.

He's done well at the college football level in CNY.

Now he should continue his NFL football play in WNY.

And lead the Buffalo Bills to win the SB.

I like RN but he did play most of his games in perfect weather in CNY in the Carrier Dome. Btw, the weather point is so overblown at this point. How many bad weather games do the bills even play in any more? Our Qbs have just been garbage no matter the weather.

Btw, this thread is hilarious. Smith's game logs: http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/488025/geno-smith

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/488025/year/2011/geno-smith

The guy only has 98 career tds to 21 ints. Scrub. He only threw for 6 tds & 400 yards in last years bowl game against a highly regarded Clemson team. Bum. He only goes to Manning football camp to develop as leader every summer. Slacker.

Seriously, we need to pass on this guy if he's there when we pick. I'd much rather trade a high draft pick for another team's backup qb. As the past 20 years of Bills football has shown, this is the way to build a dynasty.

:huh:

Did this thread somehow turn Nassib into a potential top 10 pick??? Seriously? There's more chance of him being undrafted than going in the 1st!

I'd put him in the second with 3rd round talent.

If we're drafting people because of where they're from, this FO is stupider than we first thought. Then again, this philosophy would at least have landed them Gronkowski. Knowing Chan, he would have been waiting his turn as the 4th TE right now, though.

Have you looked at the recent Bills drafts? Can you say that they haven't drafted based on geography?

gonna chime in w some nonsense but what about tavon austin in first with trade back to 10ish-15ish and snake QB in the 2nd ? possibly extra pick from trade for LB. especially if tyler wilson falls til 2nd.

Austin looks like Harvin 2.0 He's gonna crush it for someone.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

The guy only has 98 career tds to 21 ints. Scrub. He only threw for 6 tds & 400 yards in last years bowl game against a highly regarded Clemson team. Bum. He only goes to Manning football camp to develop as leader every summer. Slacker.

Seriously, we need to pass on this guy if he's there when we pick. I'd much rather trade a high draft pick for another team's backup qb. As the past 20 years of Bills football has shown, this is the way to build a dynasty.

Are you talking about Smith or Nassib? I couldn't tell.

That was the first time watching Smith and about the 5th time have seen Nassib this year. I wasn't terribly impressed with either yesterday but that could be blamed on the weather. As far as evaluating the two QBs, Nassib looks the more ready pro. Smith seems to be the beneficiary of two stud receivers, and a scheme that just keeps the defense off balance. Lots of short line of scrimmage throws for Smith and YAC, didn't seem to have much of a vertical passing game where Nassib did, and Nassib seemed to look for and use all his targets.

The most impressive thing I saw yesterday was D Marrones mindset to just keep smashing the running game at WVU, that was impressive that he didn't waver even when the game was tied or close, just run the damn ball, impressive. Too bad Chan couldn't learn something from that game because Buffalo could be a lot better with better play calling and play smash mouth football.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.