Kelly to front office?

BuffaloPride

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Kelly has a lot of positive attributes. He was smart enough to tell the politicians he didn't want to run for office. Right there, I think that means he is smart enough to help the front office. Seriously again, the guy is community minded, has the respect of the area popluation. Have no idea what he might do there, but don't feel bad at all if they bring him on board. Maybe to little of that done in the past. I recall Jerry 'Butler was on staff for a while.....I think that was also a front office job, but he is long gone, haven't heard his name in a while.

It's always all criticism & skepticism no matter what. What exactly do they have to do? What would make all the bitchers happy?

People going to B word no matter who buys the team or who runs it. Some people just love to stir **** up because they can.

Does Kelly have any business experience ? What has he done since he retired in '96 ? This is similiar to hiring Nix to be a rookie GM at the age of 70.

He has run Hunter's Hope Foundation, raised millions for research on childhood disease and testing, worked with numerous companies to raise money, worked with numerous different govt agencies and politicians to change laws regarding screening. Worked with numerous other charities, lobbyist, celebrities, etc.

Not sure if any of this helps him to run the Bills but he does have a passion for Buffalo, a passion for football, a passion for the Bills and endless number of connections that he could leverage to be successful.

I'd be thrilled to have Jim involved in the day to day running of the football side of the team.

He has run Hunter's Hope Foundation, raised millions for research on childhood disease and testing, worked with numerous companies to raise money, worked with numerous different govt agencies and politicians to change laws regarding screening. Worked with numerous other charities, lobbyist, celebrities, etc.

Not sure if any of this helps him to run the Bills but he does have a passion for Buffalo, a passion for football, a passion for the Bills and endless number of connections that he could leverage to be successful.

I'd be thrilled to have Jim involved in the day to day running of the football side of the team.

i agree, compared to what we have had recently, how could it be any worse? jimbo could work, sure there are reasons why he he may not work, but so what!, give it a shot.. elway is being hailed as a genius, that works when you get a chance to deal for manning.. the bills were never in that position.. Edited by dwight in philly

All the Broncos had to do was hire John Elway and they've made the playoffs 2 years running. ;)

Well, that and signing Peyton Manning who is having another excellent season. Elway is EVP of Football Ops in Denver, not the de facto GM. Still, Pat Bowlen made that move in the wake of Josh McDaniels's 2 terrible seasons.

One thing I will say, Kelly hates to lose!

After 13 seasons...If true...at least that's a start in the right direction

Kelly wouldn't sign with this organization initially because of the losing tradition that was here. Polian had to convince him that this organization was committed to winning before he signed. Kelly does hate losing. I wonder, if Kelly is involved, might Bill Polian also be in the conversation?

i've never been a huge kelly fan outside of his play on the field for the Bills. He seems to me to be a glorified meathead, Ben Roethlisberger-ish...that said, he has been a great ambassador for the Bills and for Buffalo when he could have easily gone anywhere else...as long as he doesn't have any important role and can lend some on-field advice...and if he has a group in place to make a run at ownership...good for all of us...

Kelly's going to bring "accountability", eh?

Anyway, Jim's a great guy but this, if true, sounds like an awkward and desperate move by the Bills. Jim isn't John Elway, let's just say. If they give him some PR position, fine. But does anyone really want to go from the current crew of (awful) decision makers to a guy who is an icon, not a creator of a football organization?

I hear what you're saying...But if it is (in fact) a bridge to the new Organization, which Jim is to be a big part of from all accounts, it was going to happen anyway...So...It is what it is... B-)

All the Broncos had to do was hire John Elway and they've made the playoffs 2 years running. ;)

Well, that and signing Peyton Manning who is having another excellent season. Elway is EVP of Football Ops in Denver, not the de facto GM. Still, Pat Bowlen made that move in the wake of Josh McDaniels's 2 terrible seasons.

And Elway is a Stanford man. He's a lot smarter and more qualified for a front office job than Kelly.