Kelly to front office?

BuffaloPride

If he were a "football guy," he would have been involved in this, or another organization, long ago. He hasn't been.

The only thing Kelly has proven, like Marino, outside of football is that he isn't the brightest. Elway is an exception among this group.

again, how do you know that? did elway get pursued right away? again, forget it, lets just keep brandon, littman and co deciding what is best..

And marv levy didnt have a passion for the Bills ? Just because you were part of on field success doesn't mean that you're suited for a position of running the organizatio, and everyone would agree he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

ok, tell us your choice!

I guess you were right.

It devolved into the ugly mess we typically end up with.

love the judgement passed on this board!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets keep in mind...Jim Kelly doesn't need to have all the answers, he simply needs to be smart enough to align himself with those that can help him get the answers, and there is no questioning his football acumen...side that with someone with the business acumen and you could have a great combination...no one is expecting JK to be the savior but he is a figurehead that can attract people and talent...hopefully....

lets keep in mind...Jim Kelly doesn't need to have all the answers, he simply needs to be smart enough to align himself with those that can help him get the answers, and there is no questioning his football acumen...side that with someone with the business acumen and you could have a great combination...no one is expecting JK to be the savior but he is a figurehead that can attract people and talent...hopefully....

:thumbsup: finally!

Jim Kelly couldn't run a bar/restaurant/nightclub, how the hell is he going to run a billion dollar football team?

He won't be running the business. If this is even true, he will be given a title like assistant GM, or vice president in charge of selling tickets and OBD will parade him around press conferences and other PR opportunities and that will be that.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Jim Kelly was a great quarterback during his career. He's great for pr type stuff and keeping those nostalgia feelings running rampant. If he does something in that vain fine. If he's anywhere near scouting, and making football decisions then we're in very serious trouble

Jim Kelly was a great quarterback during his career. He's great for pr type stuff and keeping those nostalgia feelings running rampant. If he does something in that vain fine. If he's anywhere near scouting, and making football decisions then we're in very serious trouble

what is your basis for saying that?? these rush to judgements on here are tiresome! sure, you could be right, but WTF, 13 years of this.. why not?.. he will not be running the business side..

If this were to happen JK isn't taking over for Russ Brandon. Everyone in the organization and, JK himself, have said the regionalization of the team

is necessary and has been successful. JK would be involved with football decisions. And if this were to happen, make no mistake, future ownership

more likely than not plays a role.

what is your basis for saying that?? these rush to judgements on here are tiresome! sure, you could be right, but WTF, 13 years of this.. why not?.. he will not be running the business side..

So just because he is a HoF QB for the Bills, we should give up on finding anyone else with experience for scouting players & building a team, and instead say "why not?", and turn it over to Kelly? You have no idea how quickly and how bad it could really get.

Well the fact that he has zero prior experience in player personell and scouting. He's never worked in the field in any capacity doing anything that would remotely resemble anything that has to do with player personell and scouting be it prospective free agents, undrafted college free agents, or college scouting. Yes that would be my "rush to judgement" his complete non experience. Just like If I had cancer I wouldn't hire a doctor who specalizes in knee ligaments to draw up a treatment plan for me to live longer just because I'm "running out of options". If Jim Kelly's future with the Bills is involved in the scouting player personell process something he's never done it's not a big leap to say that it probably won't end well.

again, how do you know that? did elway get pursued right away? again, forget it, lets just keep brandon, littman and co deciding what is best..

ok, tell us your choice!

love the judgement passed on this board!

The Broncos hired a retired HoF QB in the front office and went to the playoffs therefore the Bills should hire Jim Kelly, he is a retired HoF QB. Genius!

John Elway is a Stanford educated man. He is an experienced Front Office Football Executive he was an owner in the Arena Football league and served as an executive for the entire Arena Football League. The Broncos job was not his first Football Front Office job.

Jim Kelly went to the "The U" and after he retired from football he did a lot of hunting and fishing. John Elway and Jim Kelly have very little in common off the footbal field.

Jim Kelly is more like a mascot for the Buffal Bills. I have as much faith in Jim Kelly as a front office executive as I do in Sabretooth as a front office executive for the Sabres.

I mean it could work, but I'm not willing to bet the farm on it.

I'd be more execited if Jim Kelly were gettinga job in the Arena League to prepare himself for teh NFL.

But lets not get too logical about this, woot! Woot! Lets get the band back together!

Edited by Why So Serious?

Well the fact that he has zero prior experience in player personell and scouting. He's never worked in the field in any capacity doing anything that would remotely resemble anything that has to do with player personell and scouting be it prospective free agents, undrafted college free agents, or college scouting. Yes that would be my "rush to judgement" his complete non experience. Just like If I had cancer I wouldn't hire a doctor who specalizes in knee ligaments to draw up a treatment plan for me to live longer just because I'm "running out of options". If Jim Kelly's future with the Bills is involved in the scouting player personell process something he's never done it's not a big leap to say that it probably won't end well.

yea, ok, your right, all those "experienced" guys like donohoe, nix, worked out well.. forget it, lets go get an experienced guy, is scott pioli available? jeff ireland?

The Broncos hired a retired HoF QB in the front office and went to the playoffs therefore the Bills should hire Jim Kelly, he is a retired HoF QB. Genius!

John Elway is a Stanford educated man. He is an experienced Front Office Football Executive he was an owner in the Arena Football league and served as an executive for the entire Arena Football League. The Broncos job was not his first Football Front Office job.

Jim Kelly went to the "The U" and after he retired from football he did a lot of hunting and fishing. John Elway and Jim Kelly have very little in common off the footbal field.

Jim Kelly is more like a mascot for the Buffal Bills. I have as much faith in Jim Kelly as a front office executive as I do in Sabretooth as a front office executive for the Sabres.

I mean it could work, but I'm not willing to bet the farm on it.

I'd be more execited if Jim Kelly were gettinga job in the Arena League to prepare himself for teh NFL.

But lets not get too logical about this, woot! Woot! Lets get the band back together!

again, forgot about the "stanford" education, and kelly went to the "U", case closed!

It's always all criticism & skepticism no matter what. What exactly do they have to do? What would make all the bitchers happy?

hire some qualified front office and coaching talent that has actually built a team and won with it

the actually execute the plan and win in the playoffs in Buffalo

all of the crap coming out of OBD is just a diversion from the lack of commitment to winning

I'm all for whatever position he will be involved with in the front office. At this point, he can't do any worse and I would bet he could do something positive. I think he should hire a fan, from this board, to really add positive energy to the fan base. Jim, if you read this, hit me up!

:flirt:

So what if he is going to help lead the transition to a new ownership group? A coordinating figurehead/PR guy that will bascially be helping commandere the group with a goal of building a championship franchise to win and stay in Buffalo.

I think that would be a positive role that he could fill.

You have to wonder what Jimbo told Mario last March. He could have been dropping hints about his vision.

We will see, folks, but I am guessing it can't get worse than we have seen the last 13 years... and if it does, then we bottom out into a possible franchise QB with the 1st or 2nd pick in the NFL one year. :)

Go Bills!