Kelly to front office?

BuffaloPride

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that because he went to stanford? does he have a degree in "football mgmt"..that is a ridiculous assumption..

No, it's because smart people go to Stanford. Kelly has never come off as that intelligent to me off the field. Just because he's a Bills legend doesn't mean he deserves an FO job.

i've never been a huge kelly fan outside of his play on the field for the Bills. He seems to me to be a glorified meathead, Ben Roethlisberger-ish...that said, he has been a great ambassador for the Bills and for Buffalo when he could have easily gone anywhere else...as long as he doesn't have any important role and can lend some on-field advice...and if he has a group in place to make a run at ownership...good for all of us...

I think Kelly was that way early in his career. He definately matured as he got older. He has been a great ambassador for the Bills staying in Buffalo and as a fan I apprecitae his love for the team.

No, it's because smart people go to Stanford. Kelly has never come off as that intelligent to me off the field. Just because he's a Bills legend doesn't mean he deserves an FO job.

so what you are saying is that if you go to stanford, you are automatically deemed "smart", and if you do not, you arent as "smart" as someone who does? i realize kelly will never be confused with einstein, but to label someone as smart based on what college they attend is very elitist, to say the least..he may not be completely aware of the effects of global warming as i assume most stanford grads are, but i think he may have some football acumen.. Edited by dwight in philly

so what you are saying is that if you go to stanford, you are automatically deemed "smart", and if you do not, you arent as "smart" as someone who does? i realize kelly will never be confused with einstein, but to label someone as smart based on what college they attend is very elitist, to say the least..

Yes , and being football smart is far different than being book smart. If he knows football, knows talent, knows what a team needs to do to create a winning atmosphere, then that guy would be good enough to run my team.

so what you are saying is that if you go to stanford, you are automatically deemed "smart", and if you do not, you arent as "smart" as someone who does? i realize kelly will never be confused with einstein, but to label someone as smart based on what college they attend is very elitist, to say the least..

I said Kelly doesn't come off as particularly smart. Of course, plenty of smart people haven't gone to elite colleges. Elway has, though, and obviously he knows what he's doing as an NFL executive. Under him, the Broncos have gone back to being a power in the league. Color me skeptical that the Bills would do the same with Kelly in a prominent role.

I said Kelly doesn't come off as particularly smart. Of course, plenty of smart people haven't gone to elite colleges. Elway has, though, and obviously he knows what he's doing as an NFL executive. Under him, the Broncos have gone back to being a power in the league. Color me skeptical that the Bills would do the same with Kelly in a prominent role.

well give him a chance to be in a position to deal for a franchise QB as elway was, stanford had nothing to do with acquiring manning..

Yes , and being football smart is far different than being book smart. If he knows football, knows talent, knows what a team needs to do to create a winning atmosphere, then that guy would be good enough to run my team.

If Jim knew all of this, the Bills or another team would have hired him long ago.

It's a strange move at this point, if it's even true.

If Jim knew all of this, the Bills or another team would have hired him long ago.

why do you believe that premise to be true? polian was a matter of fact hire by the bills, there are no sure fire hires, it is a roll of the dice.

Kelly's the same guy who thought Tebow was a franchise QB. Elway, in comparison, wasn't a believer even when the Tebow-led Broncos went to the playoffs and won a playoff game. Elway could've stayed the course, but he knew better.

was elway part of the front office staff when they drafted tebow?

Kelly working at a job for the Bills will be like when Kramer "worked" at Brant / Leland. "Its almost as if you have no business training at all "

ok, cool, compare a sitcom with real life..

Whats more bizarre a sitcom or what happens at One Bils Drive Unfortunately it is valid, Kelly has no business experience or training, this will be worse than Marino's one week stint as a Dolphins executive.

was elway part of the front office staff when they drafted tebow?

No. Tebow was a 2010 draft pick. Elway took an exec job in 2011.

Kelly working at a job for the Bills will be like when Kramer "worked" at Brant / Leland. "Its almost as if you have no business training at all "

"Just trying to get ahead."

I get your point and it's a valid one, but the fact that he hasn't been hired by anyone doesn't automatically mean he would not be good at it. John Elway wasn't pursued by anyone else before the Broncos hired him either. I am pretty sure Kelly was not interested in coaching after he was done playing and said as much. As far as his interest in running the Bills, we don't really know if he would want to. He hasn't said this anyway. Maybe his interest is purely in keeping the team in Buffalo.We will see.

Whats more bizarre a sitcom or what happens at One Bils Drive Unfortunately it is valid, Kelly has no business experience or training, this will be worse than Marino's one week stint as a Dolphins executive.

ok, forget it then.. you guys win.. lets not pursue a football guy who has a passion for the bills..

Jim Kelly couldn't run a bar/restaurant/nightclub, how the hell is he going to run a billion dollar football team?

because it is not a bar/ night club?

ok, forget it then.. you guys win.. lets not pursue a football guy who has a passion for the bills..

because it is not a bar/ night club?

If he were a "football guy," he would have been involved in this, or another organization, long ago. He hasn't been.

The only thing Kelly has proven, like Marino, outside of football is that he isn't the brightest. Elway is an exception among this group.

And marv levy didnt have a passion for the Bills ? Just because you were part of on field success doesn't mean that you're suited for a position of running the organizatio, and everyone would agree he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

It's always all criticism & skepticism no matter what. What exactly do they have to do? What would make all the bitchers happy?

That's weird.

On the grand scale I thought this discussion was fair and civilized.

Sorry dude.

I guess you were right.

It devolved into the ugly mess we typically end up with.