Kelly to front office?

BuffaloPride

What about the Don Banks SI article referenced in a thread just started, that states Brandon is in favor of cleaning house. Sounds like he is plenty involved in the football operation. ;)

it would be the definition of his job to make that call if nix is on the block. the day to day would be a different story. i havent heard any reports of him pushing players or coaches on nix.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

I know the Bills can't continue to live in the past and that this move will be criticized as trying to spray febreze on this turd of a franchise, but I would support this move.

Jim would bring an attitude of both accountability and winning that the team sorely lacks. He understands that games are won Monday to Saturday with study and hard work rather than just winging it on Sunday. He learned this the hard way from 1987-1990 and then reaped the benefits of this the next 5 years. While individuals on the current team get the importance of preparation, its not the whole team. The disclpline and work ethic to win doesn't permeate all 53 on the roster -- and it must to be able to win. For all the talk of hard work and being close -- this team doesn't have a winning attitude and focus. Jim would help like Elway helped the Broncos. Elway's work in Denver helped attract Peyton Manning -- Jim's work here will help build a winning culture that hasn't existed since Wade Phillips, John Butler (God rest his soul) and AJ Smith left. Again--its a move that appears cosmetic but I believe it will help.

I posted earlier in the year about giving this regime a pass for this year--I was hoping that the second half of the schedule would end like the season began last year. Instead I have seen a team fall apart -- there is no excuse and changes should be made. This one would be positive.

What about the Don Banks SI article referenced in a thread just started, that states Brandon is in favor of cleaning house. Sounds like he is plenty involved in the football operation. ;)

well, since he is the guy who runs the financial/business side of the team, and knows that trying to market/sell another year of the same in buffalo will be tougher then selling Ice to a penguin in the Artic, That comment really doesn't mean anything. If Stevie came out and said he was in favor/pushing for cleaning house, would that make him also involved in the day to day football operations?

If anything I would say his comment shows the lack of power he has on the football side of things as CEO because if he had the power, he could go ahead and do it, rather then just being in favor of it...........

I haven't a clear explanation of what, exactly, Jimbo would be doing and why it would be such a good idea for him to be "in the front office", other than as some sort of "ambassador".

Does it "keep the Bills in NY"? No, they just signed an lease with an onerous buyout.

Does anyone envision Jimbo selecting any significant staffers? GM? HC?

Does anyone see Jimbo handling any kind of FA selection/recruiting? How about the draft--really? He's going to be in the war room as what, a greeter?

As I said, he's a great guy and face for the organization, but why do the Bills always have to make half-assed moves like this?

I think you guys are making too much out of this. I asked my friend what kind of role Kelly would have with the team . He said he could only speculate but he figures the move is being done for legal purposes and a transfer of ownership is in the works. If you consider the tweet by Thurman Thomas that would make sense. Do you really believe Thomas would get excited about Kelly running the organization?

I think you guys are making too much out of this. I asked my friend what kind of role Kelly would have with the team . He said he could only speculate but he figures the move is being done for legal purposes and a transfer of ownership is in the works. If you consider the tweet by Thurman Thomas that would make sense. Do you really believe Thomas would get excited about Kelly running the organization?

If he is anything like the fans here, then Yes............

We'll agree to disagree. Even the most ardent koolaid drinkers would not buy into this.

Ahhh you underestimate the power of the koolaid my friend ;)

Think back to not that long ago when Gailey was the gem no one but the Bills FO recognized. And about how firing Gailey was the biggest mistake Jerrah even made. And how Fitz was going to magically become a HOF QB under Gaileys mega-mind (I will always love that name) offense. And how T.O. was going to be the missing piece to the puzzle. And sooooo many others :)

Bills fans (some anyway) are ardent koolaid drinkers and will chug all that OBD serves up, then ask for more!

Think back to not that long ago when Gailey was the gem no one but the Bills FO recognized. And about how firing Gailey was the biggest mistake Jerrah even made. And how Fitz was going to magically become a HOF QB under Gaileys mega-mind (I will always love that name) offense. And how T.O. was going to be the missing piece to the puzzle. And sooooo many others :)

Bills fans (some anyway) are ardent koolaid drinkers and will chug all that OBD serves up, then ask for more!

I disagree somewhat. It depends on the flavor of the Koolaid.

I am can't argue this. It's reminiscent of Microsoft and the windows products where people have been buying it forever despite the; high cost, abundance of complaints and margainal performance resulting in tidy profits for the business and making the maniacally hands on boss wealthy.

Microsoft drives me crazy, they resell the same Microsoft Office year after year with only changing the buttons and tabs and moving them to new locations so you cant find them anymore. Microsoft is and always was a fraud.

Talked to a guy who works for the Bills today. Told me Jim Kelly will be getting a prominent front office position after the season finale. He believes they are laying the groundwork for a transfer of ownership. Asked about the rumors regarding Jon Gruden . He said he hasn't heard anything .

Maybe this is what Thurman was tweeting about on Sunday. I hope its true but I wonder what position he will hold?

And Bill Cowher also, it was his recommendation............

Before you get all hyped and re-new your season tickets, remember Jim Kelly WAS (doubt he still is) a HUGE Tim Tebow backer.

If memory serves me well, he was all for taking him in the first round.

Lets hope Kelly would only join in a PR/Ownership Transition role.

Edited by MURTR

Microsoft drives me crazy, they resell the same Microsoft Office year after year with only changing the buttons and tabs and moving them to new locations so you cant find them anymore. Microsoft is and always was a fraud.

Isn't this similar to what Apple has been doing to the Iphone? Minor tweaks, speed it up a little bit, then promote it as the next greatest thing?

It isn't much different then what video game manufacturers like EA Sports have been doing too. Every year they release their newest versions of their sports games and the biggest changes to it are the updated rosters almost every year

Isn't this similar to what Apple has been doing to the Iphone? Minor tweaks, speed it up a little bit, then promote it as the next greatest thing?

It isn't much different then what video game manufacturers like EA Sports have been doing too. Every year they release their newest versions of their sports games and the biggest changes to it are the updated rosters almost every year

Not really, I upgraded from the iPhone4 to the 5 and saw real improvement, Siri, battery life, weight, etc. Microsoft Office never has new features, just new buttons mixed up in new places so I can't find the same functionality I had in the previous version.

Come on, you're not this obtuse (which I hope is reflected in the smiley you chose). As CEO Brandon IS responsible for the overall viability of the franchise, which would necessarily include being involved in a complete "housecleaning." That doesn't mean he is selecting coaches and players.

Not really, I upgraded from the iPhone4 to the 5 and saw real improvement, Siri, battery life, weight, etc. Microsoft Office never has new features, just new buttons mixed up in new places so I can't find the same functionality I had in the previous version.

What about the previous upgrades?

If you want to get technical, The last big change to Microsoft Office included being able to create .PDFs, changing the .doc to .docx, Changed the overall look, etc. Its not like they push the new years version every year, or the previous one is obsolete and you have to upgrade for compatibility

What about the previous upgrades?

If you want to get technical, The last big change to Microsoft Office included being able to create .PDFs, changing the .doc to .docx, Changed the overall look, etc. Its not like they push the new years version every year, or the previous one is obsolete and you have to upgrade for compatibility

:wallbash:

well, since he is the guy who runs the financial/business side of the team, and knows that trying to market/sell another year of the same in buffalo will be tougher then selling Ice to a penguin in the Artic, That comment really doesn't mean anything. If Stevie came out and said he was in favor/pushing for cleaning house, would that make him also involved in the day to day football operations?

If anything I would say his comment shows the lack of power he has on the football side of things as CEO because if he had the power, he could go ahead and do it, rather then just being in favor of it...........

I didn't say he was involved in day to day operations. My point was that he is involved at some level in terms of the football operation. It may just be in terms of the hiring/firing of the GM, but more than likely he does have some say.

Come on, you're not this obtuse (which I hope is reflected in the smiley you chose). As CEO Brandon IS responsible for the overall viability of the franchise, which would necessarily include being involved in a complete "housecleaning." That doesn't mean he is selecting coaches and players.

Don't put words in my mouth about player/coach selection. See my previous post directly above.

Edited by LabattBlue

Kelly was moving to Northern Virginia post playing career, until he realized that he would be a nobody there. Thomas found the same thing when he was in Houston for awhile. Both should have goodwill / cheerleader roles here, nothing more.

This move couldn't hurt, I mean we haven't made the playoffs since I had hair on my head. If all he knows is how to grab a quality QB he would be worth it. Let's face it a solid NFL QB will make anyone in the front office look like a genius. You can't keep playing with mediocre QB's and expect to win games in the NFL.