Hopefully some of you won't be fooled by another 3 year plan

When Buddy came in here and talked about how it's gonna take 3 years to build this team. I couldn't believe the buy in from so many fans on this board. Never mind that so many teams have proven that it can be done in an offseason. That big mouthed dope convinced the Die-hards that, "We are gonna do it through he draft!" and we "aren't gonna sacrifice our future for some instant gratification". Well Buddy, you went from 4-3 to 3-4 to 4-3, spent a a billion on FAs and now you are ready to trade up for a QB and your third year ain't even up!

So what happened to the "build through the draft" philosophy? The best players on the team besides Spiller were all here!!!

Here's my point, there should be no "set" plan. One philosophy doesn't fit all and great teams do everything well, not just the draft (Which Buddy has shown to be below average at).

The amazing thing about Buddy the failure is that he was so busy "sticking to his guns" that he ignored the two most important things in modern day football; get a QB and bring in a great coach. He hired Chan and doubled down on Fitz. There is no defending this clown anymore. He has failed miserably.

Next.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix has been pathetic at drafting. He should have no say in the upcoming draft. Especially picking a QB.

As mentioned the best players starting except for CJ Spiller were here since the Levy/DJ regime.

He will set this franchise back three years by picking the wrong guy.

No way should Shitz even come back on a restructured contract as a 3rd string backup. he's toxic to winning

football. he has to go. He may end up at vets minimum somewhere, or even out of the league if the Bills smartly release him. Who would want the guy. Again a nice guy who wears cool t-shirts though.

The amazing thing about Buddy the failure is that he was so busy "sticking to his guns" that he ignored the two most important things in modern day football; get a QB and bring in a great coach. He hired Chan and doubled down on Fitz. There is no defending this clown anymore. He has failed miserably.

I hope Simon reads this because this is exactly true. When you have a QB somehow the rest of the team is better, even your LB's.

Nx once said his biggest challenge might be reversing the losing culture. He's been a tremendous failure in that regard and even his coach seems resigned to failure.

Bills fans should carry a heathy caution on any hire until the person has proven themselves in the job they were hired for.

A rebuild needn't take 3 years anymore, especially given the state the bills are in. There's some talent on this team. The right coach could come in and easily get this team up to a 9 win level next season. Now, we'd need a QB to really take the next step past that, but the talent is there. The right coach could do that. The real question is if the Bills can hire the right coach.

As for going from 4-3 to 3-4, i have no problem with the decision, just the execution. If you're making wholesale changes like that, you can't simply rely on the draft. You've got to rid your D of 4-3 role players (like Kelsay) and then bring in a number of FAs that are 3-4 type players to fill holes. You plug those holes right off the bat, and even though your defense won't be great, you can work the draft to add talent at whatever 3-4 position is available. This way you aren't stuck into reaching for a NT in round 2 if the talent isn't there. Or, you make bold moves to get yourself a cornerstone player. Move in the draft, target the guy you want, and go get him.

When Buddy came in here and talked about how it's gonna take 3 years to build this team. I couldn't believe the buy in from so many fans on this board. Never mind that so many teams have proven that it can be done in an offseason. That big mouthed dope convinced the Die-hards that, "We are gonna do it through he draft!" and we "aren't gonna sacrifice our future for some instant gratification". Well Buddy, you went from 4-3 to 3-4 to 4-3, spent a a billion on FAs and now you are ready to trade up for a QB and your third year ain't even up!

So what happened to the "build through the draft" philosophy? The best players on the team besides Spiller were all here!!!

Here's my point, there should be no "set" plan. One philosophy doesn't fit all and great teams do everything well, not just the draft (Which Buddy has shown to be below average at).

Next.

He didn't convince all of us "Die Hards" that it could be done totally through the draft. I have always said, a successful team needs to draft well (we draft terrible), sign some free agents (not necessarily the big money ones, but key pieces) and retain certain players and let other go. Nix and his gang have done just about all of these to a level that is gut wrenchingly bad. It wouldn't be Buffalo Bills football without one 3 year plan after another. Turning over coaches every 3 years has become the norm at One Bills Drive, just like losing has. Edited by BuffBill

He didn't convince all of us "Die Hards" that it could be done totally through the draft. I have always said, a successful team needs to draft well (we draft terrible), sign some free agents (not necessarily the big money ones, but key pieces) and retain certain players and let other go. Nix and his gang have done just about all of these to a level that is gut wrenchingly bad. It wouldn't be Buffalo Bills football without one 3 year plan after another. Turning over coaches every 3 years has become the norm at One Bills Drive, just like losing has.

May i suggest that part of the problem, has been player development once drafted ?

May i suggest that part of the problem, has been player development once drafted ?

I have no doubt you are correct, but how many of the busts have went elsewhere and shined? Maybe it does take more then 3 years on occasion, but improvement should at least be accomplished, not regression.

I hope Simon reads this because this is exactly true. When you have a QB somehow the rest of the team is better, even your LB's.

Is there a particular reason you've decided to throw my name around?

Did I suggest somewhere that having a QB isn't important? :huh:

Next.

What coach did you want him to hire?? Reportedly, Harbaugh, Gruden and Cowher were approached. Shanahan was approached. They all said NO. So then what? He hired the best of what was available to help with the issues they had at the time. Offense. Which that side of the ball had been downright anemic for all of Jauron's tenure. Chan wanted Fitz. And the rest of the team needed to be built up in some way because they were in bad shape. He's resigned Williams, Johnson, Chandler and Urbik and Freddy J. He raided other team's practice squads for Urbik and Rhinehart. He signed Williams and Anderson and Barnett. He signed David Nelson and Donald Jones (who is serviceable) as UFA's. Both lines have more talent now than when he arrived. He's not the coach. Obviously the team has not responded to Gailey for quite a while now. He's not a damn fortune teller. Draft picks from every team don't work out. Doesn't mean the reasoning for drafting that player wasn't sound.

Edited by purple haze

Bulls#it. Josh McDaniel tore the Broncos to pieces and in one season John Fox put them in the playoffs despiteTebow as his starter.

Can't argue that. But I'd qualify that season as "playoffs by attrition in the AFC West." Still, can't take anything away from Fox. With the right combination of factors, chiefly a strong defense, a rapid turnaround is possible.

GO BILLS!!!

... The amazing thing about Buddy the failure is that he was so busy "sticking to his guns" that he ignored the two most important things in modern day football; get a QB and bring in a great coach. He hired Chan and doubled down on Fitz. There is no defending this clown anymore. He has failed miserably.

Next.

Certainly can't argue this given the results.

I would only say that there's a difference between being "fooled by another 3 year plan" and hoping for the best.

GO BILLS!!!