Hopefully some of you won't be fooled by another 3 year plan

They (Nix/Whaley) had had their eye on him for a couple years, actively pursuing him with a quality contract before he went to Seattle. I think they just saw he was available for dirt cheap and went for it. I've never asked what Chan's opinion is on the matter so I don't know if there is a disconnect there.

The question I have at this point, is do the Bill earn a compensatory pick if he leaves as a FA? Did they trade away a 7th rnd pick with the knowledge that they would receive it back the next offseason? If so, it's hard to give them too much grief for acquiring a player they liked at virtually no cost.

This is what I am wondering. Are Nix and Gailey on the same page wrt: QBs ? Vince Young was acquired and he could not grasp Gailey's offense. Why should this have been a surprise ? There was enough body of work to show that he got by on athletic skills and not on gray matter, which Gailey's offense requires.

Then why go through the trouble of getting a guy who was never activated ? Did Nix like him but Gailey refused to play him ?

Both possibilities point towards a disconnect.

Either way, I have also come around to the opinion that is JOhnC' s original point - Nix has failed as a GM. Even if we accept the disconnect hypothesis, Nix is the one who hired him. So it comes around full circle.

Frustrated with every new regime touting patience.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is so many were completely convinced and excused terrible football because of Buddy' ridiculous plan. How bout a one year plan? No novel of an idea for ya? It seemed to work for 3 or 4 other teams this year.

To your second point, you cannot be serious. He brought in Chan right, his drafts have been bad, he passed on 4 or 5 QBs that will be in the playoffs this year right. And you say the only thing he;s done wrong is give FItz an extension? 15-32 sounds more like a men's airport bathroom than a fizzle.

INo improvement in year 3 of Nix's master plan. He said it himself, "show me the baby". Let me translate this hick's BS into english, "let me see the results!" 15-32

So spare me with "all of talent that he's brought in." Where are the impact players not named Spiller? You'd think in 3 years he would have picked or drafted more than one. Urbick, Chandler, Pears are nothing more than average and I some people act like he's bringing in All Pros. This is fans suffering from such a lack of talent for so long that a decent player is crowned a good player. It's sad. You want to see impact? Watch Seattle and watch KJ Wright, Bobby Wagner, Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner. Those are guys that impact football games who weren't taken in the first round round and all are in their first or second years. Buddy brings Sheppard, Searcy, Williams, Bradham and Graham to fill spots and that's about all. No impact Buddy, your baby is a troll.

Quit giving Buddy a pass it's embarrassing.

You are so spot on here. Absolutely perfect. I always say the same thing to my friends. They claim that Chandler is good, and we dont need a TE. I say BS - name one playoff team Chandler would start for and they can't name a single one.

Chandler, as solid as he is, is a 2nd string TE on every team in the hunt. Every single stinking one. This should be the standard of Bills fans. Sheppard - he is a backup. Bradham - 3rd string. Guys like Urbik get cut from the Steelers, who at the time were a SB team, start for the Bills (granted they may regret releasing him now but you get the point). What team would start the likes of Donald Jones? Could he even make the active roster of another team?

We have 3-5 Superbowl team starting caliber players on each side of the ball. That means we need at least 10-12 new starters before we have a chance at the Superbowl.

BUT - I also think a lot of that is coaching. Carrol is getting a lot out of that Seahawks team that dolts like Chan could never get. I think that Hawks team is going to the SB this year, hopefully they beat the Patsies too.

Edited by peterpan