Petition - FIRE RUSS BRANDON NOW!!!

If Rogers is cutting their payment by more than one-half, there;s no financial gain to offset losing home field advntage. Brandon however is locked in to this fiasco plus he would have to sell another 73k of ticket inventory insuring 4 tv blackouts next year.

Rogers is playing hardball with him and everything will be done to their terms including no preseason games in Toronto.

The TV blackouts don't hurt the Bills as much as they hurt the local TV stations. Ralph Wilson gets his share of NFL revenue (which is predominantly is from the TV contracts), come rain or shine.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of season meeting with RW, who else will push for any change and encourage RW to do so? Rumor had it back in 2008 that Brandon pushed to have DJ fired. Brandon knows better than anyone that selling 45k+ season tickets with Nix, Gailey, and perhaps Fitz, is all but impossible.

I've been hard on Brandon because he's something of a sycophant, but he's not the problem at OBD. He may, in fact, be part of the solution. The BinT series is not his fault, he just happened to find a billionaire, Rogers, and his stooge, Lind, to overpay for the product.

I suspect Brandon will push RW to have Nix retired, Gailey, fired, and Whaley to assume the GM role. Who else depends more on the personnel people more for their own success? It's Brandon.

Maybe the 1st time ever I've completely agreed with you. It's a festivus miracle. And as one of the most optimistic Bills fan still around, I will have a tough time buying any tickets if no major changes aren't made. With the schedule and all the expectations, this may have been the most disappointing Bills season in the last 13 years. It's been like a giant kick to the balls.

Selling them pre-season scrimmages was like selling a snow ball to a polar bear. Nice job, but might be more difficult the second time around. :lol:

Where in the world would a polar bear get money in the first place?

My high school classmate married him. Many of the folks who are closer to her than I am regard him as a complete d-bag. But that's second-hand information. I can only evaluate what he's done for this franchise. There are two ways to market a team. One is to do what Brandon has done. The other is to win. I guess the best you can say for him is that he's made winning irrelevant to whether the team stays here.

How does Branden get away with his lies. Heres' from the Toronro Star:

The announced attendance last Sunday, when the Seattle Seahawks pasted the ever-lousy Bills, was 40,770. A man who knows suggested “way under” 40,000 tickets were sold and tales of day-game giveaways are common

Brandens not only a liar but an idiot. Get rid of him.

JW

from what i've been told, the attendance figure from the game against the Seahawks was the closest accurate figure they're released in regards to tickets sold since the series debuted five years ago. ...

also, the game is controlled by Rogers, not the Bills, so it is on them to provide attendance figures.

i'm not entirely sure why you pin this on Russ.

jw

from what i've been told, the attendance figure from the game against the Seahawks was the closest accurate figure they're released in regards to tickets sold since the series debuted five years ago. ...

also, the game is controlled by Rogers, not the Bills, so it is on them to provide attendance figures.

jw

John. Never argue with us fans. We know everything. Just ask us! Haha

Russ is what he is, a MARKETING GUY.

The mistake was when Ralph Wilson had him as head of football operations a few years back with no GM in place. Russ is not a personel guy. He is very good at finding ways to promote the team and try to build the brand of Buffalo Bills Football. He is not the problem really. If anything he is being asked by Mr Wilson to go above and beyond his area of expertise. That is not Russ' fault. Mr Wilson needs to bring in a competent football person to run the football side of things. this person would work in conjunction with Russ on moves and things the team was making. Thus giving Russ a product to sell.

Just my take on it

jw

+i think people are frustrated with the toronto money grab and brandon is the face of it, rightly or wrongly, hence it is on him.. who else could we blame? littman , ralph, overdorf somehow are invisible..

• 1 month later...

I will never give up the fight, so with the terrible news of the abomination toronto series, I implore all Bills fans to come to their senses, and petition the team to rid themselves of the idiotic man behind this steam-pile.

You now know who is really pulling the strings, so lets get the guy who is COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE for stealing away a home game every year from loyal Bills fans, and crippling the team and doom it to failure. This can't possibly be about the money, since Erie County loses out in a massive way, and the revenue lost from actual stateside ticket sales is not offset by this ridiculous series, so seriously ask yourself WHY then are they doing it?

I will never give up the fight, so with the terrible news of the abomination toronto series, I implore all Bills fans to come to their senses, and petition the team to rid themselves of the idiotic man behind this steam-pile.

You now know who is really pulling the strings, so lets get the guy who is COMPLETELY RESPONSIBLE for stealing away a home game every year from loyal Bills fans, and crippling the team and doom it to failure. This can't possibly be about the money, since Erie County loses out in a massive way, and the revenue lost from actual stateside ticket sales is not offset by this ridiculous series, so seriously ask yourself WHY then are they doing it?

If Bills fans sold out every game I might agree. But we don't.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If Bills fans sold out every game I might agree. But we don't.

PTR

Honestly, what Bills fans do is absolutely amazing considering how the team does. But for all the crying about Toronto, our tickets are freaking dirt cheap. They are like half of major markets. Pats fans love coming to games at the Ralph because it's like pocket change for them. If you can steal $75 million again from Toronto and also prove they aren't ready to have their own franchise, why the hell not? Buffalo = smallest NFL market in the NFL. Buffalo + Toronto=top 5 market and better for the Bills to stay long term.

Buffalo + Toronto isnt happening. Do you guys read the press up there or speak to actual Canadians?

they want nothing to do with the Bills unless it is their own team

Unless they were already Bills fans, and they hate the series too and prefer games in WNY

Edited by May Day 10

Buffalo + Toronto isnt happening. Do you guys read the press up there or speak to actual Canadians?

they want nothing to do with the Bills unless it is their own team

There are a ton of people from Southern Ontario who comes to Bills games as fans. I think it is like 20% maybe. So you throw them a bone once a year. And honestly, if it did help get Mario, who cares that we couldn't see the Seahawks? For the record, most Canadians hate the Toronto game because tailgating there sucks.

Not my favorite thing in the world, but who cares if they don't give up a division game? Just put the least attractive team on our schedule up there and steal their funny looking money.