Very simple question.....

LabattBlue

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not.  While the Bledsoe defenders were fat and happy when the Bills were winning DESPITE Drew, the fact remains that he's off the radar in AFC passer ratings and had another poor season, this despite an improved O line and yet another 1000 yard rusher.

193281[/snapback]

Drew finished 25th in the overalls and an even worse 27th in y/pa of 6.51.

Take Evans away and DB would have been 'fired' half way through the season.

whatever.........yall guys like to blame everyone but yourself.....

I hate to see how you all live............I sense none of you can take criticism yourself or you wouldnt be dissin it out so much

193185[/snapback]

OK...you got me....

I absolutely take the blame of the Buffalo Bills not making the playoffs.....not only that....but not making the playoffs for what...the last five years or so.....

It is completely my fault....I think that TD should cut me and my outragious salary

The FUNNIEST thing about this thread is everybody was crying and saying the EXACT same thing about John Elway. His career turned out ok. Remeber in 1992 everybody was saying he was washed up and couldn't win the big one? Then they drafted Tommy Maddox to groom as his replacement in the 1st round. Can some of the great football minds here who know more than the GMs and coaches tell me how that turned out?

The FUNNIEST thing about this thread is everybody was crying and saying the EXACT same thing about John Elway. His career turned out ok. Remeber in 1992 everybody was saying he was washed up and couldn't win the big one? Then they drafted Tommy Maddox to groom as his replacement in the 1st round. Can some of the great football minds here who know more than the GMs and coaches tell me how that turned out?

193371[/snapback]

I know you are Rick James and all, but come on, Drew is NO John Elway.

John Elway could always pick up a blitz and made good decisions.

Drew does neither.

whatever.........yall guys like to blame everyone but yourself.....

I hate to see how you all live............I sense none of you can take criticism yourself or you wouldnt be dissin it out so much

193185[/snapback]

I would hate to see how you live accepting mediocrity as the status quo.

I know you are Rick James and all, but come on, Drew is NO John Elway.

John Elway could always pick up a blitz and made good decisions.

Drew does neither.

193389[/snapback]

Really? You might want to check his career stats. He was ALWAYS mistake prone until the twilight of his career.

A simple yes or no will suffice.  Do you believe that the Bills WILL win a Super Bowl with DB as our starting QB?  I don't care if DB can get us to the playoffs...who friggin' cares.  I don't believe that he can lead us to the promised land(if by chance we get in the playoffs), therefore it is time to turn the page and go with JP in 2005.

193088[/snapback]

Very simply...No... ;)

Really? You might want to check his career stats. He was ALWAYS mistake prone until the twilight of his career.

193411[/snapback]

By this time in Elways career he had been to 3 Super Bowls, 4 AFC title games, won an NFL MVP award, and could be counted on in the clutch.

Drew is 28-68 as a starter against winning teams.

There is no comparison.

193411[/snapback]

i agree here... elway blew it in big games as much if not more than DB. Elway's rings were a byproduct of an improved line a stud at tailback and a solid defense. After Elway retired Griese was able to navigate the team to some decent seasons.

I believe that DB can win the big one with a great team around him, as no QB can carry a crappy team all the way like a star point guard can carry a mediocre team through to the NBA finals. DB can certainly win if Dilfer, hostetler, and Rypien can win the Super Bowl.

i agree here... elway blew it in big games as much if not more than DB.  Elway's rings were a byproduct of an improved line a stud at tailback and a solid defense. After Elway retired Griese was able to navigate the team to some decent seasons.

I believe that DB can win the big one with a great team around him, as no QB can carry a crappy team all the way like a star point guard can carry a mediocre team through to the NBA finals. DB can certainly win if Dilfer, hostetler, and Rypien can win the Super Bowl.

193432[/snapback]

Elway got Denver to 3 Super Bowls almost by himself.

Drew Bledsoe can't even get us to the playoffs.

193435[/snapback]

Are you trying to prove his point. He said no QB could carry a team all the way, you responded, "Almost." Guess jzmack was correct.

Are you trying to prove his point.  He said no QB could carry a team all the way, you responded, "Almost."  Guess jzmack was correct.

193454[/snapback]

My point is that John Elway was good enough to get his team to the Super Bowl 3 times almost single handedly, Bledsoe couldn't carry this team on his back to the playoffs even.

A simple yes or no will suffice.  Do you believe that the Bills WILL win a Super Bowl with DB as our starting QB?  I don't care if DB can get us to the playoffs...who friggin' cares.  I don't believe that he can lead us to the promised land(if by chance we get in the playoffs), therefore it is time to turn the page and go with JP in 2005.

193088[/snapback]

No way in hell! Heck,we havent made the playoffs once ever since hes been here! :D

I don't think Bledsoe can even make it to the playoffs again, to be honest.

In order to win with him at QB, we need to go in with the mindset that he will be the best player on the opposing team in a Bills uniform.

Brad Johnson. Trent Dilfer. Kurt Warner. Mark Rypien. Doug Williams.

Yeah, no doubt there's ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE that one of the top 10 most productive QBs All-Time in League History could EVER win a Super Bowl!

193118[/snapback]

I have to say that in the '96 season and Superbowl, if Green Bay doesn't get the HUGE kick and punt returns, Drew might already have a ring.

big NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO , our D could keep the other team to - 100 yards and drew would throw 3 picks and they would have 18 points and we would have 0 or 14 from WM. how can anyone think drew is the man that can get us a ring. he has showen that he can not carrie this team for more than 1 or two games in 3 YEARS

Look - we only have 2 startes from this season who are UFA's and only one of those on Offence. I would not be surprised to see 90% of our starters return next year as starters (OL being a key area for potential change - but Jennings, Tucker, Teague, Villarial and Williams seems a lock to me).

If this happens, I think we see the playbook expand as the continue to learn it and play at a high level together. Better play out of 10 of our returning starters can only help out the QB. Not forgetting that another season under Wyche can only help Drews mechanics, thought processes, etc.

There is NO need to have an upper echelon QB to ensure you get to and win a Superbowl. The examples have already been named so I won't bother. But with the young talent, veteran talent and continuity we are about to see - I think we will do very well next season with Drew at the helm. 8 wins this year showed us what a team performance is all about, only 1 (Miami) did we rely on Drew.

So Yes - the slightly less complicated answer is YES we can make the playoffs and the Superbowl with Drew at the helm. I for one believe that it is MORE plausible with Drew there than with JP Losman - as he's a bigger question mark than Drew, and we may mortgage another couple of years of playoff time for him to develop as a starter. Why not have him pick up for Drew as we head towards the playoffs next year??

193435[/snapback]

And Bledsoe has been to 2 Super Bowls and has a ring at this point in his career. One of those Super Bowls he did get NE there by himself.

it takes time to learn a new system... and that is a good reason for lack of production in this first 6 games. I think next year will be more the 30+ points per game Bills should DB start.

193443[/snapback]

this system is makes it easier for QB's to learn. After his 1st 6 games, he still wasn't winning games for us at QB. he was riding a wave. Until this past Sunday.

i agree here... elway blew it in big games as much if not more than DB.  Elway's rings were a byproduct of an improved line a stud at tailback and a solid defense. After Elway retired Griese was able to navigate the team to some decent seasons.

193432[/snapback]

"... elway blew it in big games as much if not more than DB..."

Bledsoe does not discriminate. He can blow it in big games, small games, medium games... No way he should be mentioned in the same breath as Elway. I watched allot of Elway all throughout his career. Every year, mistakes or not, he was a threat for picking a D apart. DB does not put that fear in any opponents' head.

193371[/snapback]

Hey - what did the hand say to the face?