Nirvana back together with new singer!

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alicia Keys closing it out sans Jay-Z...would have brought the house down if he came out at that point...but again I'll say...she is very purdy!!!

I wasn't always attracted to her but she's never looked better...really hitting her stride.

I think its the 'do...

I wasn't always attracted to her but she's never looked better...really hitting her stride.

Wonderfully entertaining show...sadly I started drinking when Townshend told me to...@11 pm...that 'opened the flood gates'

Edited by The Poojer

I saw the Beach Boys this summer and they were amazing. Too bad Mike Love just threw all the talented dudes out. Again.

Funny...I don't love Billy Joel (though "The Stranger" album was a staple for make-out music in Jr High...some fond memories!), but your repulsion to his music is similar to the way I feel about the Beach Boys...they irritate the crap out of me.

Like him or not, Kanye West is one of the best selling artists of the last decade or so... I don't think he is paying anyone off.

I completely forgot about this show tonight...

I worked through most of it and then got home and read War of the Worlds while getting periodic briefings from TSW goofballs. So now I'm going to have nightmares about Martians and know what performances to look up on youtube tomorrow. I think I win. :D

That was awful. Where's the geritol? The show was clunky and moved along poorly.

Some of the acts were fine...some should really hang it up. Roger Waters and the Stones among them. I know some of you guys loved the acts, I thought most were bad. When you have to preface your comment about EVERY act with a comment about the performers age, you know it cant be good.

Hold your cell phones in the air? Yuk.

I wanted to call the donation line and get Martha Stewart on the line so I can call her a c--t.

Kanye West and "Drunk Uncle" should be shot. Twice.

Seeing this, you get a new appreciation for Jerry Lewis and how he pulled off these things with such class and grace for all those years. And he did them solo.

Edited by RkFast

Funny...I don't love Billy Joel (though "The Stranger" album was a staple for make-out music in Jr High...some fond memories!), but your repulsion to his music is similar to the way I feel about the Beach Boys...they irritate the crap out of me.

You're not alone. Jimi Hendrix once called them a "psychedelic barbershop quartet." It was not a compliment. For my money the streak from Party to Surf's Up (1965-1971) is about some of the most perfect pop music ever created. I mean Pet Sounds? C'mon, perfect record. Brian Wilson really embraced the sadness inherent in the best pop. The stuff like Surfin' Safari I'm not wild about. But God Only Knows? Man, that song will crush you if you're not prepared.

What exactly is McCartney playing there?

It's like a cross between a banjo and a dobro. Don't think I've seen one before

That was awful. Where's the geritol? The show was clunky and moved along poorly.

Some of the acts were fine...some should really hang it up. Roger Waters and the Stones among them. I know some of you guys loved the acts, I thought most were bad. When you have to preface your comment about EVERY act with a comment about the performers age, you know it cant be good.

Hold your cell phones in the air? Yuk.

I wanted to call the donation line and get Martha Stewart on the line so I can call her a c--t.

Kanye West and "Drunk Uncle" should be shot. Twice.

Seeing this, you get a new appreciation for Jerry Lewis and how he pulled off these things with such class and grace for all those years. And he did them solo.

agree mostly about most acts being terrible

Clapton is still a god, and his three song set was great, especially the acoustic blues number he did in the beginning

Keys has a great voice, but I too hated the addition of put your cell phones in the air

if you hate drunk uncle you should just kill yourself