Nirvana back together with new singer!

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They killed a good nite with the dumb skit

I know. I didn't get the black guy named pyrex in a hoody and dress either. Weird skit.

Atleast drunk uncle is getting a step closer to music. At this rate we may be at good music again sometime.... soon?

Billy Joel time.....so no.

I don't love billy Joel, but find his music about as harmless and nonoffensive as imaginable. I'm surprised your so actively anti billy joel. Something in particular or?

Should have had him on in the middle

Ill agree - swap him and clapton

I don't love billy Joel, but find his music about as harmless and nonoffensive as imaginable. I'm surprised your so actively anti billy joel. Something in particular or?

Ill agree - swap him and clapton

Just offensively bland and soul less. We Didnt Start The Fire and River of Dreams are arguably two of the worst popular songs ever written. Such insipid dumb monkey garbage. Zero redeeming qualities. Honestly the only musician I actively hate. Usually if i don't dig something i can tune it out pretty easily. But the giant sucking sound coming out of that guy's face is too big to ignore.

It's good to despise the music of someone, i think. Gives value to loving so much. I have it on mute and am listening to Mission of Burma and am still irritated. Only Billy Joel can be more annoying than MOB is awesome.

Edited by Astrojanitor

Billy Joel's awesome IMO. Especially in his day. Just saw the sandler skit from earlier Paul and Adam sandler. That was great, the a-rod joke cracked me up

Just offensively bland and soul less. We Didnt Start The Fire and River of Dreams are arguably two of the worst popular songs ever written. Such insipid dumb monkey garbage. Zero redeeming qualities. Honestly the only musician I actively hate. Usually if i don't dig something i can tune it out pretty easily. But the giant sucking sound coming out of that guy's face is too big to ignore.

That was later in his career. I understand how it could come off as cheesy. His earlier work wasn't that way

I don't think we're far off in our evaluations (I agree it's relatively meh musically), but more so our reactions to those evaluations differ. I think for me, while I don't particularly love the tunes - I respect the togetherness/unity of groups of people when his music comes on. I don't get why him but it seems he brings a lot of happiness out of people and I think there's a certain talent in that which I respect. After all, music at its finest brings people together in joy and happiness.

Billy Joel's awesome IMO. Especially in his day. Just saw the sandler skit from earlier Paul and Adam sandler. That was great, the a-rod joke cracked me up

That was later in his career. I understand how it could come off as cheesy. His earlier work wasn't that way

Oh I've heard it all. Even saw him in 93. Handfull of some early songs are within spitting distance of listenable.

I don't think we're far off in our evaluations (I agree it's relatively meh musically), but more so our reactions to those evaluations differ. I think for me, while I don't particularly love the tunes - I respect the togetherness/unity of groups of people when his music comes on. I don't get why him but it seems he brings a lot of happiness out of people and I think there's a certain talent in that which I respect. After all, music at its finest brings people together in joy and happiness.

I can dig that. It's why I'm not a fan of those who denegrate music online. But everyone has that one guy or one band that is just nails on a chalkboard. Billy Joel is mine.