Nirvana back together with new singer!

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want this to be moved to PPP but I gotta say this is the perfect example of why we don't need to give so much money to the government. People will do the right thing and give money to help their fellow man.

Oh and for those of you in that other thread saying how great a drummer Dave Grohl is I have to ask you. What are you thoughts about the muppet Animal?

Edited by Chef Jim

I don't want this to be moved to PPP but I gotta say this is the perfect example of why we don't need to give so much money to the government. People will do the right thing and give money to help their fellow man.

Oh and for those of you in that other thread saying how great a drummer Dave Grohl is I have to ask you. What are you thoughts about the muppet Animal?

unfortunately, much like the government, money given to this likely wont be the most efficient of answers.

better than nothing, but im guessing from past events we would be thoroughly disappointed how much actually makes it to the ground level on the coast.

unfortunately, much like the government, money given to this likely wont be the most efficient of answers.

better than nothing, but im guessing from past events we would be thoroughly disappointed how much actually makes it to the ground level on the coast.

This is true, but if I give money to a charity that has a history of wasting money that's my fault or I can do my research and give my money to an efficient cause which there are tons of. I have no such choice with my tax dollars.

The Robin Hood foundation is usually pretty good about getting the bulk of the mobey on the ground.

Also to keep in mind, this is 2 months after the storm. By the time money gets to the people it will be another couple months. But for this storm the government was getting things done before Sandy even passed. They did a great job on this one. This wasn't a Katrina debacle, this was an example of the government truly rising to the needs of the people.

The Robin Hood foundation is usually pretty good about getting the bulk of the mobey on the ground.

Also to keep in mind, this is 2 months after the storm. By the time money gets to the people it will be another couple months. But for this storm the government was getting things done before Sandy even passed. They did a great job on this one. This wasn't a Katrina debacle, this was an example of the government truly rising to the needs of the people.

I think you need to pay more attention to your government "rising to the needs of the people."

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/12/13/15884696-hurricane-sandy-relief-aid-already-in-jeopardy-in-congress?lite

I think you need to pay more attention to your government "rising to the needs of the people."

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/2012/12/13/15884696-hurricane-sandy-relief-aid-already-in-jeopardy-in-congress?lite

Yeah, i'm just going to go ahead and take my experience from living through the storm and my company working with FEMA doing home inspections as far north as Rochester over some crybaby blog trying to prove a point, thanks.

Thanks. Don't know a thing about them, but suddenly I want one.

I wonder if it's tuned like a uke. I have a uke and love it. Easy to play and fun. This would be a KILLER instrument to have!!

Thanks. Don't know a thing about them, but suddenly I want one.

Yup. Here's his site .. http://barattoguitars.com/?page_id=9

Yeah, i'm just going to go ahead and take my experience from living through the storm and my company working with FEMA doing home inspections as far north as Rochester over some crybaby blog trying to prove a point, thanks.

Great, you had a good experience. Still doesn't me our government is not disfunctional.

Well he did replace Animal in the Muppet movie that came out last year.

This is true, but if I give money to a charity that has a history of wasting money that's my fault or I can do my research and give my money to an efficient cause which there are tons of. I have no such choice with my tax dollars.

totally agree - i like choice - not to get too PPP over here. i was just chiming in, as someone that lives in a region that has had a national benefit concert for them in the not tooooo distant past.

people do love to give though, and that was the core of your post and i agree fully that for as much bickering as we do, we generally do pull together as a country in moments of need.

Really intrigued by this instrument!!

4-string cigar box guitar (CBG) that you want to tune in an "Open G" (DGBD) or "standard guitar" (DGBE - the four "bottom" strings of a standard 6-string guitar) tuning. Open G is a great setup for slide (fretless) playing, and the standard guitar tuning is great for a fretted instrument - you can play the "top" portion of most guitar chords with just a couple of fingers!