Nirvana back together with new singer!

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the Beach Boys this summer and they were amazing. Too bad Mike Love just threw all the talented dudes out. Again.

Saw them on the Reunion tour too! Great time!

I'm not a hater of all rap or even all Kanye but live Kanye sucks

Yeah, Kanye is a genius on tape, but like most rap acts, it's difficult to translate to a live show. It's a completely different vibe, and when juxtaposed against acts like The Stones, The Who, and Billy Joel, it can be tough on audiences.

Saw them on the Reunion tour too! Great time!

Yeah, Kanye is a genius on tape, but like most rap acts, it's difficult to translate to a live show. It's a completely different vibe, and when juxtaposed against acts like The Stones, The Who, and Billy Joel, it can be tough on audiences.

my beautiful dark fantasy is an awesome album by Mr. West. different strokes for different folks though of course. the who and the stones don't do anything for me personally, i know some love them.

plenty of nice moments last night IMO. The Buschemi with drunk normal guy segment was fun to watch.....Old-school Adam Sandler was great IMO....Clapton always kills (have guitar and suit, where should i stand).......missed the first hour or so with Bon Jovi and Springsteen.

Interesting seeing it's a genre that got it's start in the streets.

Interesting seeing it's a genre that got it's start in the streets.

When I say live show, I guess I meant "Arena Show" in this context from last night. Large empty stage, 15k+ people, and a booming sound system. Tough for 1 guy yelling lyrics over a sample track. The better arena rap shows Ive seen have had a full accompanying band (T.I. at Music Midtown, for example).

For the set he performed which was basically him and a DJ, if he was actually on the street performing for a smaller crowd, the lyrics are clearer, there is more direct crowd interaction, etc.

Just my opinions on what Ive experienced at different rap shows of various sizes and settings.

What exactly is McCartney playing there?

Well in the South they call them "cigar box" guitars. Bo Diddley fashioned his guitar style from those. Typically made of Magahony cigar boxes, they are still very popular among the poor delta blues players. typically 3 strings but 4 strings are popular too.

Used mainly for slide guitar, they sound quite good through a couple of Vox ac30's cranked up.

McCartney's was another story and probably cost a small fortune.

I enjoyed the show overall, but Daltrey really needs to keep his shirt on, and his voice IS shot. Stones disappointed with a brief set. Waters is still a miserable PoS. He has no business featuring Gilmore's songs until he gives Gilmore the proper credit.

I enjoyed the show overall, but Daltrey really needs to keep his shirt on, and his voice IS shot. Stones disappointed with a brief set. Waters is still a miserable PoS. He has no business featuring Gilmore's songs until he gives Gilmore the proper credit.

Roger Waters gas been a POS for a couple of decades now. I passed on comped tickets to see his never ending Wall tour. He looked like a frigging lounge act last night. Hard to believe there was a point in his career he was in one of the most innovative bands in rock history. At least Gilmore has the good sense, and has stopped touring with a band once known as Pink Floyd and chooses to be retired in his gardens.

I enjoyed the show overall,

but Daltrey really needs to keep his shirt on, and his voice IS shot. Stones disappointed with a brief set. Waters is still a miserable PoS. He has no business featuring Gilmore's songs until he gives Gilmore the proper credit.

lol! good to see you "enjoy" everything just like you do the Bills.

"Had a great time! Here's my list of complaints!"

:lol:

Agreed on Daltrey keeping his shirt on though, no one needs to see all those operation scars. But it's kinda cool to see all of those guys still at it at ~70 years old.

lol! good to see you "enjoy" everything just like you do the Bills.

"Had a great time! Here's my list of complaints!"

:lol:

Agreed on Daltrey keeping his shirt on though, no one needs to see all those operation scars. But it's kinda cool to see all of those guys still at it at ~70 years old.

It was a nearly 5-1/2 hour show. Overall I enjoyed it, but it wasn't perfect and I thought it was not going to be as good as it came off, because that's a massive show to produce on such a short time frame.

The Kanye set was just karaoke with lots of lights.

It was an extraordinary poor choice by the organizers. Jay-Z, LL Cool J, both NYC natives would have been better choices. They've both done elaborate sets with full bands and don't do a lot of over producing that Kanye does. The only worse choice would have been Lil Wayne but at least he would have been interesting.

It was a nearly 5-1/2 hour show. Overall I enjoyed it, but it wasn't perfect and I thought it was not going to be as good as it came off, because that's a massive show to produce on such a short time frame.

I know man, Im just bustin yer chops. I agree, for such a huge show with all of those egos and schedules and coordinating everyone and everything, it went off pretty well.

It was an extraordinary poor choice by the organizers. Jay-Z, LL Cool J, both NYC natives would have been better choices. They've both done elaborate sets with full bands and don't do a lot of over producing that Kanye does. The only worse choice would have been Lil Wayne but at least he would have been interesting.

my gosh, its a rock show! Not a stupid rapper show Edited by roush

my gosh, its a rock show! Not a stupid rapper show

I saw a wide spectrum of styles and skill sets. He was the only rap act but it was a celebrity fundraiser in the end, not a rock show.

This stage had Paul McCartney with nirvana a few hours after Alicia keys, with Kanye and Clapton and Billy Joel. This was an appeal to the masses not just 50 year old white guys event ultimately.

Edited by NoSaint