Nirvana back together with new singer!

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because it seems to piss people off....actually no...i started it when responding to long posts...rather than making people go all the way to the bottom of the post, i put it above to make it easier to read/see

but then we have to go back to figure out what your replying to in the first place.

I get motion sickness

because it seems to piss people off....actually no...i started it when responding to long posts...rather than making people go all the way to the bottom of the post, i put it above to make it easier to read/see

when the responses are above the quotes.

Why do you type above quotes?

That is actually the "proper" way of responding if you started your online career at the advent of the internet. It used to be, you would get kicked off of early message boards if you replied below a quote and made all of the members scroll through the quote just to get to your reply.

That is actually the "proper" way of responding if you started your online career at the advent of the internet. It used to be, you would get kicked off of early message boards if you replied below a quote and made all of the members scroll through the quote just to get to your reply.

So it was considered wrong to let people know what you were responding to before reading your response? Yeah, that makes sense.

So it was considered wrong to let people know what you were responding to before reading your response? Yeah, that makes sense.

it seems like to be reasonable you would have to do a lot of recap of what your replying to in your own response in order for it to be remotely productive. otherwise im stuck either A) often reading the reply scratching my head due to lack of context and scrolling further for context, or B) reading from the bottom up pre-emptively.

it seems like to be reasonable you would have to do a lot of recap of what your replying to in your own response in order for it to be remotely productive. otherwise im stuck either A) often reading the reply scratching my head due to lack of context and scrolling further for context, or B) reading from the bottom up pre-emptively.

Exactly. It sucks.

This sounds like posters used to all be extraordinarily verbose. Just limit the posts to a couple sentences and problem solved. I guess getting all ban hammer was a lot more fun for the tough guy mods.

This sounds like posters used to all be extraordinarily verbose. Just limit the posts to a couple sentences and problem solved. I guess getting all ban hammer was a lot more fun for the tough guy mods.

Not really. What Im referring to goes back to like 1990 posting on the original Usenet boards. Depending on which community you were posting in Top Posting was not tolerated, then it became the preferred method so you didnt have to wait for the whole post to load in order to read a reply, then it went back to being hated on.

Email replies are mostly Top Posted nowadays for that reason. Saves on having to download the whole message.