Nirvana back together with new singer!

DrDawkinstein

LOVE Nirvana, -but this isn't them. This is a sold-out Hollywood/Madison avenue re-make of something that was once an American Original.

Nirvana's music will be here forever.

The Band itself died with Kurt Cobain.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to pee too much in your Cheerios, but Nirvana (mostly Cobain) was possibly the most overrated band ever.

your crazy....nirvana had more that a few awesome albums.....overrated IMO might be the play here sir. everyone has different tastes...

And chef....I somewhat agree PaulMccartney's a lil "aged" to pull this off.

No, that would be the Beatles. :devil:

Beatles are overrated? whoa your losing me chef.

they were a million times better than all the crap that comes out over the last few years.

Is this concert on TV?

http://www.121212concert.org/broadcast

the first thought that strikes me of this teaming is "nevermind."

the second thought that strikes me is, it certainly smells like desperation.

jw

ah yes, how dare they be so desperate that they would combine their celebrity in order to raise money for a Hurricane Sandy relief effort. :rolleyes:

The amount of try-hard in this thread is astounding. Glad to see that most people on TBD are too cool for school, and cant/wont appreciate bands once they become "too popular". Where do we cash in our cool points?

your crazy....nirvana had more that a few awesome albums.....overrated IMO might be the play here sir. everyone has different tastes...

And chef....I somewhat agree PaulMccartney's a lil "aged" to pull this off.

Beatles are overrated? whoa your losing me chef.

they were a million times better than all the crap that comes out over the last few years.

But not a million times better than the music that came during the 10 years after they came ashore.

One year after we were chewing bubble gum to this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=MKHFUKZ-IXE

We were listening to this

https://www.youtube....h?v=bwAw9ThDQmk

But as I mentioned music is very subjective and you may love the first and hate the second and there is nothing wrong with that.

Smells Like Ben-Gay

:lol:

Edited by Chef Jim

LOVE Nirvana, -but this isn't them. This is a sold-out Hollywood/Madison avenue re-make of something that was once an American Original.

Nirvana's music will be here forever.

The Band itself died with Kurt Cobain.

This isnt actually a "reunion" in any way. It's just a jam at a charity concert. Probably just going to be a paul mccartney solo set, but with 3/4 of nirvana as a backup band. Just a one off goof for a good cause. It'll get eyeballs on the show which will raise money for storm victims. And then never happen again.

I'm about as rabid a Nirvana fan as there is and think this has about as much relevance as the fake guns n roses and faker Faces sets at the rock and roll HOF induction last year.

Personally the real offensive aspect of the show tonight is Billy Joel. Giving that talentless assclown a stage is the real tragedy.

This isnt actually a "reunion" in any way. It's just a jam at a charity concert. Probably just going to be a paul mccartney solo set, but with 3/4 of nirvana as a backup band. Just a one off goof for a good cause. It'll get eyeballs on the show which will raise money for storm victims. And then never happen again.

I'm about as rabid a Nirvana fan as there is and think this has about as much relevance as the fake guns n roses and faker Faces sets at the rock and roll HOF induction last year.

Personally the real offensive aspect of the show tonight is Billy Joel. Giving that talentless assclown a stage is the real tragedy.

are you serious? Billy Joel probably serenaded your mother and aunts. :nana: who doesn't like Billy Joel?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

are you serious? Billy Joel probably serenaded your mother and aunts. :nana: who doesn't like Billy Joel?

I love Billy Joel only because when I was younger people said I looked like him. I had complete strangers freak out when they saw me thinking I was him. I don't get that any more seeing I still have all my hair and he has none.

I say this with no hyperbole or fear of contradiction, the single worst thing man has ever done is the music of billy joel. I hate the music of billy joel so much it makes me understand racism. I could fart in a can and it would sound better than that idiot's back catalog

i here you there I am still "alec baldwin" in the hampton roads area.....couldn't go anywhere without getting a hey there baldwin...

but i have never heard of a billy joel basher before. billy joel, elton john etc loved by all or so i thought

I say this with no hyperbole or fear of contradiction, the single worst thing man has ever done is the music of billy joel. I hate the music of billy joel so much it makes me understand racism. I could fart in a can and it would sound better than that idiot's back catalog

Honesty is such a lonely word.

Everyone is so untrue.

Honesty is hardly ever heard.

And mostly what I need from you. Billy Joel rules! thats your opinion though.

Coming from you, I take it as a compliment.

That's pretty much expected, given your obviously low intelligence.

Now step aside old man. Youre out of your league on this one.

Whatever. Guys like you remind me of the tards who write for Rolling Stone. There's nothing better than some wannabee or never was who needs to try to sound smart about something that anyone with a clue doesn't give a **** about. Go smell your own farts, poofter.