Nirvana back together with new singer!

DrDawkinstein

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCartney is, hands down, my favorite entertainer of all time. Nirvana is also one of my favorite bands of all time. I don't give a !@#$ what anyone thinks about either. This should be interesting.

Not to pee too much in your Cheerios, but Nirvana (mostly Cobain) was possibly the most overrated band ever.

I'm not going to argue too much over how great Nivana was but the fact that they put the nail in the coffin of bands like Warrant and Poison is enough for me to give them kudos.

I'm not going to argue too much over how great Nivana was but the fact that they put the nail in the coffin of bands like Warrant and Poison is enough for me to give them kudos.

Hmm. Never thought of it from that angle. :thumbsup:

First of all, you sound like a dick.

Second of all, hes correct...although I wouldnt go so far as to call McCartney "washed up."

Cobain WAS Nirvana. Grohl is great in his own right but Cobain was the engine of that band.

Whats going to happen tonight is not a "reunion" in any form.

Lou Reed and Metallica tried a project like this last year. Metallica fans went totally bananas and couldn't wrap their brains around the genius of Lou Reed. I don't think this will inspire such fits of rage from Nirvana and/or Wings fans as that of the Metallica goofs, but I'm sure some will wonder what the hell is going on.

14 year old me wants to fight you. I can understand it not being everyone's cup of tea but I also don't think that they are overrated. They were a good band that launched an entire genre (grunge) that was responsible for a lot of big bands from the 90s (Pearl Jam, soundgarden, alice in chains, etc..). They don't really make many lists of best band of all time. Smells like Teen Spirit is the anthem for many late 20/early 30 guys but again I don't see an overabundance of Nirvana love. Might be there and I miss it bc I love the band but I would say Rush is way more over rated than they are :flirt:

Whoa......Nirvana didnt launch the grunge movement and Nirvana is not "responsible" for Soundgarden, AiC or most of the bands that came out of Seattle back in the day. ALL those bands were on their own and well established BEFORE Nevermind was released or right when it was. Nirvana brought grunge to the masses, but thats it.

Edited by RkFast

Lou Reed and Metallica tried a project like this last year. Metallica fans went totally bananas and couldn't wrap their brains around the genius of Lou Reed. I don't think this will inspire such fits of rage from Nirvana and/or Wings fans as that of the Metallica goofs, but I'm sure some will wonder what the hell is going on.

Thats becuase most Metallica fans are so dumb, they think Metallica is "metal", which is complete horseshit.

Anything done by Metallica after they toured with Ozzy in 86 is soda pop metal.

Pretty much like Nirvana is soda pop grunge.

Edited by RkFast

Whoa......Nirvana didnt launch the grunge movement and Nirvana is not "responsible" for Soundgarden, AiC or most of the bands that came out of Seattle back in the day. ALL those bands were on their own and well established BEFORE Nevermind was released or right when it was. Nirvana brought grunge to the masses, but thats it.

This is truth.

Green River's Come on Down record came out in the mid-80's for crying out loud.

This is truth.

Green River's Come on Down record came out in the mid-80's for crying out loud.

Thank you.

And dont get me wrong, Nevermind was huge. I was in radio at the time, working the floor at CMJ, the college radio "convention" in NYC. Word spread around the floor at in the seminars about Nevermind going gold and there was a palapable buzz in the room about it. Nirvana was considered an underground alternative band and they hit the bigs. Everyone was really happy. That night, I went to see Alice in Chains at NYC's Limelite. It was their "debut" and the Head of A&R for ALL of Atlantic Records intro'd them. I had a literal front row seat to the dawn of a new age of music. Pretty heady stuff for a 20 some odd year kid spinning records and CDs at his local college.

Edited by RkFast

Bringing it to the masses was all I meant by what I said. I apologize for the confusion. Grunge was huge in the Seattle are but not really anywhere else until Smells Like Teen Spirit exploded it onto the scene. Responsible for their success may have been a better phrasing but also still not quite correct. All Apologies ;)

Bringing it to the masses was all I meant by what I said. I apologize for the confusion. Grunge was huge in the Seattle are but not really anywhere else until Smells Like Teen Spirit exploded it onto the scene. Responsible for their success may have been a better phrasing but also still not quite correct. All Apologies ;)

Cool, mang. See my post above...we are in agreement. B-)

Word spread around the floor at in the seminars about Nevermind going gold and there was a palapable buzz in the room about it.

How funny. Remember when a gold or platinum album was a big deal? Now in the age of musical piracy it is difficult to tell how successful a band is. Do downloads count in record #'s? Should they?

Absolutely a crazy-good record. I hate that it got so popular because now it's completely unlistenable for me. :D

Nevermind is an amzing album that i'll still listen to... I just skip smells like teen spirit :thumbsup:

Although it isn't their typical sound Unplugged is my favorite album by them. After that album I fell in love with acoustic music. Kiss also did very well with their unplugged album (favorite version of Beth on that one)

I love Lou Reed, and am pretty indifferent to Metallica....but I hated this record...