Nick Saban may want back in NFL

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on Mike and Mike this morning that Nick Saban is possibly looking to try coaching in the NFL again. They said he would want to do what he did in Alabama and LSU, and rebuild a team from the ground up. I know he failed in Miami, but would you give him any consideration?

NO. He's a quitter. First and foremost.

For Saban, the grass is always greener on the other side. If this report is true, that couldn't be more apparent; no stable coach will leave the best college program in the country for the NFL.

If he does intend to come to the NFL, he won't consider us. Nor should we consider him.

I saw on Mike and Mike this morning that Nick Saban is possibly looking to try coaching in the NFL again. They said he would want to do what he did in Alabama and LSU, and rebuild a team from the ground up. I know he failed in Miami, but would you give him any consideration?

No effing way... Actually I'd be shocked if he even got an offer. Even if he did, I'm guessing he would be more picky this time anyway since he is guaranteed a good gig in college. He wouldn't come to Buffalo, I can't imagine he really wants to coach in the NFL at all.

Consider him? Compared to what we have now I'd give the guy anything he wants...

And for those of you who think Saban is blacklisted in the NFL, or whatever, you're completely wrong...The guy left a weird Ownership situation in Miami, went to a down Alabama Program, and build the best Organization in College Football...He walked the walked and proved how good he is...They'll be lined up for Saban if he wants back in the NFL...And The Bills should be 1st in line IMHO...But they won't...They'll just let him pass by...Like idiots... B-)

Consider him? Compared to what we have now I'd give the guy anything he wants...

And for those of you who think Saban is blacklisted in the NFL, or whatever, you're completely wrong...The guy left a weird Ownership situation in Miami, went to a down Alabama Program, and build the best Organization in College Football...He walked the walked and proved how good he is...They'll be lined up for Saban if he wants back in the NFL...And The Bills should be 1st in line IMHO...But they won't...They'll just let him pass by...Like idiots... B-)

i still think, as posted before, he ends up in cleveland with mike lombardi as his gm. It sounds like the direction that joe banner really wants to go.

this board will erupt, ignoring that he was once DC in cleveland, and has close ties to lombardi who was on that staff with him and looks to be making his return. i can hear the "even the browns can get a big name why cant we" already.

i can see the two of them itching to show that they can out do pioli and belichick who were also on that staff. stacked house they had, eh?

Edited by NoSaint

This. Yes no question.

CBF

You win the honesty award! Everyone who "hates him" would love him if he made the Bills a winner. And I would take him to coach the Bills. He has been successful at Alabama and LSU, particularly with recruiting. Perhaps he can recruit a good staff and some FA's to come here!

i still think, as posted before, he ends up in cleveland with mike lombardi as his gm. It sounds like the direction that joe banner really wants to go.

this board will erupt, ignoring that he was once DC in cleveland, and has close ties to lombardi who was on that staff with him and looks to be making his return. i can hear the "even the browns can get a big name why cant we" already.

i can see the two of them itching to show that they can out do pioli and belichick who were also on that staff. stacked house they had, eh?

well, it would be valid if Cleveland got the

No Thanks. His routine wore thin pretty quickly in Miami. His dictator ego works with college kids, not so much with men making millions.

And Chan certainly hasn't pissed off any of the players with his weak a**, pop-warner approach to coaching and game management. (i.e. Spiller, Johnson, Lindell...).

Nick Saban saying he wants to get back into the NFL is code for "Alabama, I want a hefty raise".

There is no owner in his right mind that would even give Saban a sniff after the Miami fiasco (see Bobby Petrino). He'd want almost total control. Bill Belichick doesn't even have that kind of control. Nick Saban aint no Belichick. Not even in the same league with Belichick.

Probably means there is a recruiting violation brewing in ALA that will be unveiled real soon and Saban is looking at jumping **** before he's caught with his pants around his ankles.

yup Saban a first class cheater and quitter just like Calapari for Kentucky.

no thanks.......but would switch to a yes instantly with a few W's...........i can be just like the Bama and KY basketball fans!

Nick Saban saying he wants to get back into the NFL is code for "Alabama, I want a hefty raise".

There is no owner in his right mind that would even give Saban a sniff after the Miami fiasco (see Bobby Petrino). He'd want almost total control. Bill Belichick doesn't even have that kind of control. Nick Saban aint no Belichick. Not even in the same league with Belichick.

word is he is comfortable with mike lombardi playing the part of pioli for him.

the early rumblings say that he would want final say but that he would accept a GM/legit front office for the most part.