Fitz was outstanding.. for all you haters

8-8 Forever?

Just look at his win versus loss record. ( Nuff said )

just look at his 4rth quarter comebacks. ( Nuff said )

Just look at his arm that rarely goes 10 yards without forcing so much he has a bacon strip in his shorts. ( Nuff said )

just look at his ability to call an audible when its a run play and the opposing team has 8 in the box. ( Nuff said )

WE NEED A QB!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just look at his win versus loss record. ( Nuff said )

just look at his 4rth quarter comebacks. ( Nuff said )

Just look at his arm that rarely goes 10 yards without forcing so much he has a bacon strip in his shorts. ( Nuff said )

just look at his ability to call an audible when its a run play and the opposing team has 8 in the box. ( Nuff said )

Calling all fitzbackers read this post by Curitiba 10 times.......process the information, then step away from the fitzcuses, replace oustanding with terrible OP and this thread would be relevant.

Curt's post is to the point and paints a very clear picture.

To the draft batman, time to get a real qb, if you all show a bum qb this much love, i wonder whats gonna happen if we get a real qb?

WE NEED A QB!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

if someone was lame enought to put together an amish rifle "not so highlight" film it would be pretty brutal.....keep slinging mud on other qb's due to the fact fitz is so putrid......... it doesn't really help his cause. Cutler 8-5 playoff bound with no OL whatsoever.

I live in Chicago and watch Cutler play. I understand not liking him because he's surly, but he's on a completely different level than Fitz. He's so much better on so many different levels, I could take a whole page.

But Fitz is a nice guy who interviews better...sooooo whatever.

I don't dislike Cutler because he's surly. Who the phuck am I to judge his character one way or the other?

I don't care for him as a QB, is all. I've seen dozens of his games over the years going back to his Vandy days. He's got one of the strongest arms I've ever seen on a QB. He also makes one bad decision after another and his propensity to not set his feet is maddening.

I'm not sure what Fitz's ability to give interviews has to do with anything. That won't make him a better QB.

GO BILLS!!!

25 of 32, 250+, 1 score in mid December. and got the crap kicked out of him. This guy is not our biggest problem. Do I want a 6'4" Superman QB? sure , that would be nice. But Fitz is no slouch.

As I recall, in two piviotl instances he failed to deliver: the end of the 1st half with terrible clock management and failing to throw the ball into the end zone (don't give me any BS about how Chan called the plays, have faith in yourself and audible out of them); and at the end of the game throws yet another drive killing INT. Fitz is the problem . The D has not let up over 16 points in 3 straight games. The D used to be the excuse for Fitz's inabilities. Gailey put the game on his shoulders and he came up short. Gailey is problem #1, Fitz is problem #2, the D is problem #3.

Oh look it's the "we don't have Tom Brady and I won't be happy til we do" argument. Dose of realism here pal, odds are we won't next year either. This is this response I'd expect from a guy who has his hopes crushed when he loses the powerball and pouts all day.

To another poster who said we can agree Fitz isn't the answer. As lame as this sounds, that depends on the question. Do I think he's a hall of famer, like everyone who calls me a Fitz homer says? I don't. I think he's an average QB. Just average. I'd rather build a team around Fitz until we find a more solid QB to plug into our system. You can't build around a guy like Losman and Edwards. It doesn't work.

Fitz is exactly what a young team needs and in 2-3 years, he'll be replaced by our answer.

God help him if the new guy plays like crap though. We'll have everyone here singing songs about how much we miss Fitz, and his QB skills besides his arm.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I agree that more than likely the Bills won't have a Tom Brady next year. But here's a little reality right back at you. Until the Bills do find one who is comparable to Brady they will never win the division until he retires. That leaves the Bills fighting for one of two wildcard spots and unless all the stars perfectly align Fitzpatrick will not be able to get them there.

So it's perfectly understandable why Bills fans are impatient. The bottom line is that in the entire history of the Bills franchise they have never placed a priority on the QB. In 50+ years of the team they have drafted either a HB or DB with their first overall pick 50% of the time. They have never used that pick to select a QB.

The problem for many fans isn't that they don't have a top tier QB. The problem is it doesn't seem they are even interested in getting one. In a QB driven league that's a recipe for losing.

So, until the Bills find their own guy who is comprable to a guy for which a strong argument can be made that he's the very best ever, they won't be a winner.

Got it.

Ummmmm...yeah. That's about the gist of it.

At the start of any NFL season you can pretty much pick whose going to win a division by who has the best QB.

Ummmmm...yeah. That's about the gist of it.

At the start of any NFL season you can pretty much pick whose going to win a division by who has the best QB.

So until we have a guy who is arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game, we can't compete? Furthermore, quarterback quality is a highly predictive metric? Edited by TakeYouToTasker

So until we have a guy who is arguably the best quarterback to ever play the game, we can't compete? Furthermore, quarterback quality is a highly predictive metric?

If we upgrade significantly at QB the Bills can easily compete for a wildcard spot. The division not so much. Since Brady came into the AFC East how many division crowns has he won. The only time the Pats didn't capture the division in the last 10 years was when Brady was injured for the year. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidences.

Look at the division in the 90's before Brady. The 2 best QBs were in Buffalo and Miami. Guess who dominated the division then? Since then the league has become even more of a QB driven league. Having a great defense or a top notch RB is no guarantee of the playoffs. The top 10 defenses right now are Pittsburgh, San Fran, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Cincinnati, Houston, NY Jets, San Diego, St. Louis. How many of those teams are making the playoffs? About half? The top RB this year is Peterson. How are the Vikings chances at the post season?

This isn't the NFL of the 70's, 80's and even the 90's. There are no great teams like there was back then. In 2012 all teams are flawed to one degree or another. What is needed is a QB who can overcome his teams flaws and still find a way to win. Until the Bills can find that guy they're barely treading water.

Edited by gumby

I'm all for the Bills drafting a QB if that have a strong love for one but this is the reality

1. the draft averages two starting QBs a year- sometimes it's four and sometimes it's zero but it averages around 2

2. of those 2 QBs only one will be clearly better than Fitz

3. of those QBs who are clearly better than Fitz almost none of them will be better than Fitz in their rookie season, maybe 1 in ten, a few more in the second season but most will really show in their third season.

I'm all for the Bills drafting a QB if that have a strong love for one but this is the reality

1. the draft averages two starting QBs a year- sometimes it's four and sometimes it's zero but it averages around 2

2. of those 2 QBs only one will be clearly better than Fitz

3. of those QBs who are clearly better than Fitz almost none of them will be better than Fitz in their rookie season, maybe 1 in ten, a few more in the second season but most will really show in their third season.

Good points. And it's for these reasons I think Buddy and Co. have been content to keep building the squad through the draft and key FA acquisitions. If there wasn't a guy whom they thought could supplant Fitz and come in and play immediately and give them a better chance of winning, what Buddy often refers as that "10-15 year guy", it's understandable why they'd wait before pulling the trigger on that guy.

Now many are complaining about not taking Dalton, Wilson, etc. but I can see why they didn't think either was compelling enough coming out of college to warrant the investment when they saw other players who could come in and contribute sooner at other positions.

That said, I have a hunch that next draft is when they pull the trigger on somebody.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh look it's the "we don't have Tom Brady and I won't be happy til we do" argument. Dose of realism here pal, odds are we won't next year either. This is this response I'd expect from a guy who has his hopes crushed when he loses the powerball and pouts all day.

To another poster who said we can agree Fitz isn't the answer. As lame as this sounds, that depends on the question. Do I think he's a hall of famer, like everyone who calls me a Fitz homer says? I don't. I think he's an average QB. Just average. I'd rather build a team around Fitz until we find a more solid QB to plug into our system. You can't build around a guy like Losman and Edwards. It doesn't work.

Fitz is exactly what a young team needs and in 2-3 years, he'll be replaced by our answer.

God help him if the new guy plays like crap though. We'll have everyone here singing songs about how much we miss Fitz, and his QB skills besides his arm.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Ok, seriously, I am getting tired of this response that talks about people clamoring for an elite QB. NO ONE expects the Bills to find the next Tom Brady, a top 10 QB all time, and some consider top 5. Geezus, the over dramatization by the apologists of this fact is so annoying. You act like Fitz is so good that the only way to upgrade him is with an Elite all time best QB...get real. Any top 15 QB would be an upgrade and if we can find a guy who is accurate, can use the whole field, and not mistake prone we would be doing just fine. Do we need a Brady...no, obviously it would be great, but we don't need a Brady. Even a 2nd tier guy would be a nice upgrade from Fitz, a third tier guy.

No one has some unrealistic expectation or demand to find the next HOF QB, just someone who win some games.

The problem for many fans isn't that they don't have a top tier QB. The problem is it doesn't seem they are even interested in getting one. In a QB driven league that's a recipe for losing.

Well...They may not have been before...That's fairly obvious at this point...But now they have no choice...And they know it...Believe me, they know it... B-)

And by the way, Fitzs best pass, the toss to Stevie on the right sideline, was under thrown by a solid 2 yards.

Here's what I don't get. When Fitz throws a well placed back shoulder throw it's under thrown and he's a schmuck. When Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Suck for Luck do the same, it's because he put it where only his guy could get it.

Here's what I don't get. When Fitz throws a well placed back shoulder throw it's under thrown and he's a schmuck. When Peyton Manning or Tom Brady or Suck for Luck do the same, it's because he put it where only his guy could get it.

Really? Did you see that throw? It was very under thrown and SJ just won the race to it. We are not talking a perfect corner pass over the outside shoulder "that only his guy can get." And really? Even mentioning Peyton or Brady in the same breath? Both of those guys will get mentions for best QB EVER. Fitz wasn't the second best QB for the Bengals.

Did you watch Brady last night? I would call that performance outstanding. Fitz isn't even close to outstanding on his best day.

When was the last time you saw FItz complete a deep pass without the WR having to break stride? I seem to think it was before he signed his long term deal.......

Edited by Azucho98

Really? Did you see that throw? It was very under thrown and SJ just won the race to it. We are not talking a perfect corner pass over the outside shoulder "that only his guy can get." And really? Even mentioning Peyton or Brady in the same breath? Both of those guys will get mentions for best QB EVER. Fitz wasn't the second best QB for the Bengals.

I did see it. AND I just re watched it on nfl.com. You should probably do the same. SJ didn't "win the race to it", he just turned around and the football was there. I still stand by my statement that it was a well executed back shoulder throw. How can you tell with any certainty that it was not a back shoulder and was instead under thrown? And I stand by my remark that when Brady or Manning (either one) throw a pass like this it's "only where his guy can catch it".

EDIT - To change over thrown to under thrown as pointed out by K-9 below. Nice catch K-9. The play in questions is posted on nfl.com. Look at the Bills game and the video is of Stevie Johnson's 34 yard catch.

Edited by reddogblitz

I did see it. AND I just re watched it on nfl.com. You should probably do the same. SJ didn't "win the race to it", he just turned around and the football was there. I still stand by my statement that it was a well executed back shoulder throw. How can you tell with any certainty that it was not a back shoulder and was instead over thrown? And I stand by my remark that when Brady or Manning (either one) throw a pass like this it's "only where his guy can catch it".

I didn't see the game and have no idea which play you guys are referencing but, by definition, a back shoulder throw cannot be "overthrown." Indeed, it is intentionally underthrown to take advantage of the DB's downfield momentum.

GO BILLS!!!

Ok, seriously, I am getting tired of this response that talks about people clamoring for an elite QB. NO ONE expects the Bills to find the next Tom Brady, a top 10 QB all time, and some consider top 5. Geezus, the over dramatization by the apologists of this fact is so annoying. You act like Fitz is so good that the only way to upgrade him is with an Elite all time best QB...get real. Any top 15 QB would be an upgrade and if we can find a guy who is accurate, can use the whole field, and not mistake prone we would be doing just fine. Do we need a Brady...no, obviously it would be great, but we don't need a Brady. Even a 2nd tier guy would be a nice upgrade from Fitz, a third tier guy.

No one has some unrealistic expectation or demand to find the next HOF QB, just someone who win some games.

Well, boohoo puppydog. Equally annoyed at your constant pot shots and heavy handed way you attempt to counter anybody who doesn't share your same point of view. And yes all Fitz haters want an elite QB(and I want one also) because an average Fitz isn't good enough to them.

Did you watch Brady last night? I would call that performance outstanding. Fitz isn't even close to outstanding on his best day.

When was the last time you saw FItz complete a deep pass without the WR having to break stride? I seem to think it was before he signed his long term deal.......

a couple of weeks ago against Indy when he connected w/SJ..unfortunately SJ does not have the speed to outrun a corner when he has a 3yd jump on him.

I did see it. AND I just re watched it on nfl.com. You should probably do the same. SJ didn't "win the race to it", he just turned around and the football was there. I still stand by my statement that it was a well executed back shoulder throw. How can you tell with any certainty that it was not a back shoulder and was instead under thrown? And I stand by my remark that when Brady or Manning (either one) throw a pass like this it's "only where his guy can catch it".

EDIT - To change over thrown to under thrown as pointed out by K-9 below. Nice catch K-9. The play in questions is posted on nfl.com. Look at the Bills game and the video is of Stevie Johnson's 34 yard catch.

Hate Fitz. Liked that throw.

Except most of them do. Actually I'd say you're one of the few posters I've seen just looking for an upgrade, which I can agree with. We should be trying to upgrade every position always. Look how many people on this board say we need to start looking for the next HoFer in over to win in this league.

It's not an over-dramatization when you're the only when that speaks with some sense, That just makes you the exception.

I think a lot of the "apologists," myself included, want to make sure such an upgrade isn't a retread. I have no issues with a new QB if he's undeniably better than our current one. I just worry about our last QB choices, and hope we make some smarter ones.

Except most of them do. Actually I'd say you're one of the few posters I've seen just looking for an upgrade, which I can agree with. We should be trying to upgrade every position always. Look how many people on this board say we need to start looking for the next HoFer in over to win in this league.

It's not an over-dramatization when you're the only when that speaks with some sense, That just makes you the exception.

I think a lot of the "apologists," myself included, want to make sure such an upgrade isn't a retread. I have no issues with a new QB if he's undeniably better than our current one. I just worry about our last QB choices, and hope we make some smarter ones.

Unfortunately, upgrade for many around here simply means "not Fitz." The last thing we need is a lateral move at the most important position.

That said, I seriously doubt Fitz will be on the team next season. His situation has played itself out and it seldom makes sense to have your entrenched starter and team leader relegated to backup duty. He'll have that job with some other team.

But I guarantee whoever the new starter is, he won't have much of a honeymoon with this crowd.

GO BILLS!!!

Unfortunately, upgrade for many around here simply means "not Fitz." The last thing we need is a lateral move at the most important position.

That said, I seriously doubt Fitz will be on the team next season. His situation has played itself out and it seldom makes sense to have your entrenched starter and team leader relegated to backup duty. He'll have that job with some other team.

But I guarantee whoever the new starter is, he won't have much of a honeymoon with this crowd.

GO BILLS!!!

I think the problem is that Fitz has reached his limits. I personally am willing for the Bills to take a small step back, if it leaps them past where Fitz had brought them. With the defense improving over the past couple of weeks, it's possible for a rookie to come in and take his lumps and maybe the defense can hold it together. Not saying it'll happen, but it could. But the problem is, can the Bills get that right? Can they diagnose the talent and get QB with more potential and talent than Fitz?

Who knows...

Certainly that's a reasonable concern. Here's my take: I'd like to see the Bills as concerned about the QB position as they are about the DB position (I know that's more than one position, but still). And I mean more than just "they draft DBs #1, they should draft QBs #1 instead". I would have freaked out if they'd drafted any available QB over Dareus. (Gabbert & Locker had bust written all over them and Ponder would've, except he was such an epic reach no one was expecting him to be eligible for the bust label.) I'm all for them drafting a QB #1 or #2 if they feel there's a good guy available (obviously Aaron Williams over Dalton/Kaepernick back-to-back stings a lot in hindsight), but that's only part of the picture.

I'm getting a little off track, so let me try to summarize. Fitz is not the biggest problem we have, but he is *a* problem. We want/need a better starting QB. In hindsight, it was a mistake to sign him to that contract extension, though I was fine with it at the time. I would hate to see that same kind of commitment given to a retread like Alex Smith or Kyle Orton or whoever, but I'd rather have a Fitz-comparable retread on a short-term, cheap deal than Fitz himself. Why? That way we would have more possibilities to strike gold. Maybe we trade for Joe Webb and he beats out the retread in camp and goes on to be really good. Maybe our 2nd or 3rd round rookie beats out the retread and has a solid year, a la Dalton or Russell Wilson. Maybe the retread has a Rich Gannon (yes!) or Fitzpatrick (no!) style late-blooming renaissance, and leads us to the playoffs. Or maybe all of our QB lotto tickets lose, and we bring in some new ones the next year.

The bottom line is that prior to this year, Nix/Gailey had done nothing to address upgrading the present or future of the starting QB. Levi Brown and Thigpen never had a chance to be better than decent backups. This year, Nix did make two marginal moves, both of the "retread" variety: signing Young and trading for T-Jack. Neither worked out, and that's fine, but at least there was some effort. What I'd prefer to see would be that effort combined with efforts on the draft front, and maybe on the "unproved young QB with potential" front rather than the "retread" front.

No...What you obviously don't get is that Fitz is not good enough...Period...End of story...And defending him is the greatest waste of time imaginable...WTF is wrong with folks like you?

I disagree with your 1st statement...To say most posters here are looking for the next Brady is a bit ridiculous...It's the typical over-exaggeration that brings this board down to gutter-level most of the time...Most poster want a better QB than Fitz...Which, to be perfectly honest, is really not asking for much...The majority of poster on this board are level headed...Not the other way around... B-)

if someone was lame enought to put together an amish rifle "not so highlight" film it would be pretty brutal.....keep slinging mud on other qb's due to the fact fitz is so putrid......... it doesn't really help his cause. Cutler 8-5 playoff bound with no OL whatsoever.

It doesn't really help your cause to say Fitz is putrid. - I'm not a big Fitz fan at al but I'm not silly (dumb) enough to say that fitz is putrid.

He can be a very good QB at times. It's just that he has a knack of falling apart in chrunch time.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It doesn't really help your cause to say Fitz is putrid. - I'm not a big Fitz fan at al but I'm not silly (dumb) enough to say that fitz is putrid.

He can be a very good QB at times. It's just that he has a knack of falling apart in chrunch time.

go to page 9 of this thread and read curtiba's post.............he's putrid. any qb can play good at times with a good OL and great running game.

he stinks, sucks, is terrible, has a girly arm, throws backbreaking INT's, is as unclutch as possible, 5-22 when he throws the ball 30 times.

but he seems like a nice guy, so some all defend him way too much.

This is my last negative fitz post so i got all of my adjectives to describe him out. No more Fitztalk from this guy, hopefully the organization assists me with this.

homer simpletons can defend him all they want without any interference from this guy. i am out on the nonsensical Fitz is "OUTSTANDING" nonsense.

flame away fitzbackers!

No...What you obviously don't get is that Fitz is not good enough...Period...End of story...And defending him is the greatest waste of time imaginable...WTF is wrong with folks like you?

I disagree with your 1st statement...To say most posters here are looking for the next Brady is a bit ridiculous...It's the typical over-exaggeration that brings this board down to gutter-level most of the time...Most poster want a better QB than Fitz...Which, to be perfectly honest, is really not asking for much...The majority of poster on this board are level headed...Not the other way around... B-)

You really don't read too many threads on here. There's just as many blind Fitz homers as Fitz haters, with very few moderates who make sensible posts. I understand trolls exist, but they can't all be trolling.

Read a game day thread. Look at every knee-jerk, "Fred Jackson sucks cut him" after one blown up run play, or every "Cut Dareus, he's a bust" post.

Hell, a while ago, the entire board was calling Spiller a bust and waste of a pick. If you think the average TBD poster is sensible, I don't know what to tell you.

Although, the stupidest are usually the loudest, which has to be taken into consideration.

I think the average TBD poster doesn't know how hindsight works. i.e TJ Graham over Russel Wilson argument.

Fitz is good enough to be who he is. There are a few QB's who would be a lateral step to replace him with, as well as some that would be improvements.

Just you watch, the next QB will be compared to being not as good as Fitz in 2 years. Mortal lock.

Edited by FireChan

go to page 9 of this thread and read curtiba's post.............he's putrid. any qb can play good at times with a good OL and great running game.

he stinks, sucks, is terrible, has a girly arm, throws backbreaking INT's, is as unclutch as possible, 5-22 when he throws the ball 30 times.

but he seems like a nice guy, so some all defend him way too much.

This is my last negative fitz post so i got all of my adjectives to describe him out. No more Fitztalk from this guy, hopefully the organization assists me with this.

homer simpletons can defend him all they want without any interference from this guy. i am out on the nonsensical Fitz is "OUTSTANDING" nonsense.

flame away fitzbackers!

AGAIN I am not a Fitzbacker. ALL I SAID is that he is not PUTIRD all of the time.

Read the stats from Sunday 25-of-33 passes for 247 yards. 8 MISSES/DROPS!!!! That's a 76% completion rate!!!

For some reason since signing the contract he's been very bad in the clutch situations late in games.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

AGAIN I am not a Fitzbacker. ALL I SAID is that he is not PUTIRD all of the time.

Read the stats from Sunday 25-of-33 passes for 247 yards. 8 MISSES/DROPS!!!! That's a 76% completion rate!!!

For some reason since signing the contract he's been very bad in the clutch situations late in games.

I know and my long winded post wasn't directed at you. Just saying my piece on fitz to all of the people that think he was OUTSTANDING. I'm counting the whole season not just stackthebox Ez pass lanes Sunday.