Joe Flacco - interested?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NFL Passer rating...Fitz 18th , Flacco 19th

NFL QBR rating....Fitz 25th, Flacco 18th

the 18th rated QB does NOT deserve Top 5 money.....

the last two years hes been 10 points higher in QBR. Id guess it goes back closer to the 60 mark than the 50 as the stable point long term.

Fitz on the otherhand is dead on where hes been every season hes played.

I'd take him. I wouldn't be happy with giving him top 5 QB money, as he isn't worth it. But like we did with Mario, we'll have to overpay I order to land a top FA. Especially a QB. I just want a QB that can throw the deep ball and keep defenses honest so CJ will have some room to run and won't keyed on every play. I think flacco can keep defenses honest. Fitz cannot. Is flacco worth all that money to the bills? No one will ever know. He'll never sign here. Jmo

Flacco isnt going anywhere. It's all posturing.

That's my view as well.

OTOH If he were available, he'd be worth pursuing. He's never going to be the most accurate guy - the Bills would have to run a very different scheme to use him, but he's a better complement to their strong running game.

Absolute cannon of an arm - prossibly the best deep-ball in the league.

I am also mystified as to why this is pinned. One, I highly doubt that the Ravens are terribly hard at work replacing Flacco. Second, Flacco has done his best work behind a stout defense and running game, and has little reason to want to leave. Three, even if the Raven's don't want him back or Flacco wants to take the show on the road what motivation would he have to come here? Fourth, is the money it would take to bring him here worth it?

Care to elaborate?

Just a hunch...this is one of those "I know someone who knows someone" kind of things...but here goes, for what it is worth.

I have a friend whose sibling works for the Bills. Has since the mid-80's. My friend (not the sibling) is not particularly knowledgable about football, and certainly not about any teams other than the Bills. Occaisionily this friend will email me or call me, and drop some mentions of something their sibling said about the Bills...cuz this friend knows I am a huge Bills fan. Last week, before this thread was even started, this person emailed me, after not speaking since early in the season, and asked me what I thought of the Bills getting Joe Flacco. For this person to just come up with this, out of the blue, would be too weird. Things like this have happened before, over the years...I am not saying the Bills are going to sign Flacco, only that I am willing to bet that the name has floated around the front office as a possible target. That is a long way from signing him...just speculation.

Now, I realize, this could probably means nothing, but it is not the kind of thing this person would say, unless they were hearing it from their sibling. This sibling is not an upper management person, and, honeslty, not necessarily the most knowledgable person either when it comes to football stuff (personel and such)..so when they come up with names, I assume it is coming from someone who knows more than they do about NFL personel...office gossip...sorry to be so vauge, I just don't want to divuldge anybody's identity. I knew somebody else who worked at One Bills Drive, a few years ago, in a more football related area (as opposed to lower level admin staff), who got himself in trouble for saying "too much".

Edited by Buftex

Just a hunch...this is one of those "I know someone who knows someone" kind of things...but here goes, for what it is worth.

I have a friend whose sibling works for the Bills. Has since the mid-80's. My friend (not the sibling) is not particularly knowledgable about football, and certainly not about any teams other than the Bills. Occaisionily this friend will email me or call me, and drop some mentions of something their sibling said about the Bills...cuz this friend knows I am a huge Bills fan. Last week, before this thread was even started, this person emailed me, after not speaking since early in the season, and asked me what I thought of the Bills getting Joe Flacco.

Now, I realize, this could probably means nothing, but it is not the kind of thing this person would say, unless they were hearing it from their sibling. This sibling is not an upper management person, and, honeslty, not necessarily the most knowledgable person either when it comes to football stuff (personel and such)..so when they come up with names, I assume it is coming from someone who knows more than they do about NFL personel...office gossip...sorry to be so vauge, I just don't want to divuldge anybody's identity. I knew somebody else who worked at One Bills Drive, a few years ago, in a more football related area (as opposed to lower level admin staff), who got himself in trouble for saying "too much".

that was plenty to make the situation clear.

it would be odd if there werent discussions about all these guys going on. id assume they have a board with all the potential free agent qbs laid out somehow (rank, value etc....). Id be curious about how serious this is, as chan has previously butted heads over qbs not being mobile. it seems any real candidate would need to be a step quicker for him to sign off.

He he becomes available, my first question would be "Is he here yet?" He is light years better then Fitz, and that might be an understatement I just don't know a word to make it even a bigger gap then that sounds. Much better then anything in this years draft class also. Flacco isn't Aaron Rodgers, but what a cannon he has to throw in this weather here, and he has done as much winning as almost any other quarterback ever in his first 4 or 5 seasons.

The Ravens are set to be making runs at the Superbowl the next few seasons. You expect them to find another QB now?

Actually, they could go after Alex Smith......

Heck, with any luck, Fitz will be available for the Ravens.

I like Fitz better than Sanchez & Romo but not as mush as Alex Smith or Flacco. I think Flacco is the best one of the bunch.

Fitz and Sanchez might be a toss up, but I am not a Romo fan, but he is so much better then Fitz, not even in the same universe.