Bills talking contract with Byrd

dhg

He doesn't seem overly excited with his comments...sounds like media speak and hoping we font franchise him so he can go elsewhere....hope not but that's what it sounds like

its a money thing man.

these players care about 2 things:

1) the paycheck

2) the paycheck

its not like byrd cares about signing to miami or jacksonville so he can live somewhere warm.

football season is 3 months long... 4 if you play for a team that isn't the bills.

you pay, theyll stay.

nix has proven he will pay our guys.

have some faith.

byrd stays and levitre stays.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Byrd were to re-sign, he made it clear what he’d be looking for.

“We just have to win. That’s the biggest thing, just winning. ..."

haha, well so much for that!

Seriously, if you were a better than average player entering free agency, would you stay on this dumpster fire of a team? I sure wouldn't if anyone was willing to pay me even close to what the Bills were.

As I stated in other posts about how I feel about SJ and Byrd. These guys are very good. Levitre is Pro Bowl caliber and Byrd could really be a HOF caliber FS. If Chan continues to be the HC of this team, I'd rather these guys just walk. They are wasting thier talent on this joke of a team and I'd rather see them have HOF type careers (Byrd anyway).

As long as Chan is the coach of this team I have no faith that we will ever win the big one. Most likely well never make the playoffs. Even if we did, I can see Chan in the big game now. He would have punted in SB 25 with the game on the line, lol. Either that or he would have had Brad Smith out there because nobody would expect a Wildcat play in that position.

Chan needs to go. Then, Nd only then, will I hope we retain our talent.

If Byrd were to re-sign, he made it clear what he’d be looking for.

“We just have to win. That’s the biggest thing, just winning. ..."

haha, well so much for that!

Seriously, if you were a better than average player entering free agency, would you stay on this dumpster fire of a team? I sure wouldn't if anyone was willing to pay me even close to what the Bills were.

Byrd is looking for a hometown "bonus" to stay. Not a hometown discount a successful winning team might get .

id even go as far as saying id take byrd over reed if they were at the same point in their career look at their stats the only thing reed has on byrd as of now is 5 more ints and 2 sacks and a couple more pass deflects byrd has him in everything else

Reed also had returned those 22 INTs for 700 yards. That`s an average of 32 yards pr. INT. He might only have returned 2 for TDs at that point, but those 32 yards per pick are huge in helping the team score points. He had also blocked 4 punts/kicks returned 3 of those for TDs, and also scored a TD on a fumble return. And he won the Defensive Player of the Year award in his 3rd year.

Byrd average 16 return yards per INT.

Reed had 54 pass delfections, Byrd has 26. I guess that`s a "couple more".

And what is everything else that Byrd has him in? What else is there? Tackles? Reed has him by about 10. Byrd has him in forced fumbles by 5 and recoveries by 3. That`s it.

Ed Reed was a legend after 3 years in the league.

Edited by J-E-T-S-L-O-L

byrds got him by 17 tackles as for pass deflections dont forget that byrd was playing hurt too last year but cool i guess your like alot of other and B word about how hes underperforming but when he has a good game you want to praise him i say let him walk. let me guess you think mario william sucks too

byrds got him by 17 tackles as for pass deflections dont forget that byrd was playing hurt too last year but cool i guess your like alot of other and B word about how hes underperforming but when he has a good game you want to praise him i say let him walk. let me guess you think mario william sucks too

I think Byrd is great, and I really hope he`s staying. I just thought comparing him to Ed Reed, who`s the type of player that comes along once in a decade, or not even that, was a little far fetched.

Byrd is a game changer..You dont allow players like this to sniff freeagency...The fact they even let him get into his last year is a failure...

I think Byrd is great, and I really hope he`s staying. I just thought comparing him to Ed Reed, who`s the type of player that comes along once in a decade, or not even that, was a little far fetched.

I think he is one step below Reed.....Two steps above average....lol