Well as bad as we've been have we been this bad?

dayman

Without the fans, there is no team, but without the team, there are no fans. It is a two way street. Expressing disapproval? Yeah. That display of disapproval? No way in Jersey. I boo playcalls all the time. I boo poor performances. Booing isn't personal. There is a bold red line between booing and calling someone pathetic and a POS.

Wouldnt it just be easier to say they all suck except 64, 65, and 89-99?

I suppose you could make it simpler by saying it that way. But 1968 and 1971 were epically bad. Even by Bills standards. We have NEVER been worse, either by record or talent.

For the 25 year period from 1960 through 1984, the Buffalo Bills had the worst winning percentage of ANY professional sports team in ANY of the four major sports leagues in North America. Nobody was worse in pro football, baseball, basketball, or hockey. Wrap your brain around that stat for a minute.

And yet we loved them. Not sure what that says about us actually. But there's a lesson there somewhere.

GO BILLS!!!

Were those the Ferregamo years, the Matheson years, or both??

84 and 85 were my 1st 2 years of season tix.

Thought it was Joe Ferguson, but the years seem to blend over time.

No dad. If I wanna be a ballerina wearing a pink tu-tu I'm gonna be a ballerina wearing a pink tu-tu. there's nothing you can do to make me stop my dancing and singing.

Well there's your problem.

Everyone has the right to boo, or to not be happy with the product on the field, Your countries Freedom of Speech is supposed to allow you the freedom to say what you want. But don't give me the BS crap that "well I pay good money for tickets so I deserve a winning team and being a complete A-hole throwing things at and verbally assaulting the players/coaches is my right because they didn't play a game to my expectations". No one is forcing you to pay money to go to games, or buy merchandise. No one is stopping you from continuing to support this team and not switching to one that is winning so you can feel like people actual care more about you cause your football team is winning.

The real embarssment here are the fans that feel they "deserve" something better just because they bought some merchandise, or tickets and think that people actually think more/less of them because of how their sports team is doing. This isn't just a Buffalo thing, it happens everywhere because "fans" have this belief that buy purchasing merchandise and tickets it means they are now owed a winning team.

... and that it's ok to verbally abuse people who work harder at their job than any of us ever thought about.

They want to win probably more than we do, the problem is they just aren't good enough, so does that make it alright to harass people who just aren't good enough.

That would be like yelling at retards for scoring low on a IQ test.

Perfectly said Sodbuster. Exactly how I feel. In very little words.

That's not what you said earlier.

We all boo and get upset but making it personal is another.

I never make it personal. The fact is the team is good enough to win a d the coach is bad enough to make them lose.

And what I said before stated no where that I made it personal or obscene. I said we yell nasty things. Which is open to interpretation. "Boo" and "you suck Chan", or yelling for the backup QB is hardly obscene. Yet you took it as I was.

Which also brings me back to how things look on paper vs how they are meant to come across. Apparently you didn't get my sarcasm as I said "at least I do".

The fact is I boo them and am generally disgusted with the product on the field (again, mostly because if coaching). I make comments like "you sick Chan". That's hardly personal. It's a fact for starters. Chan sucks as a HC. No disputing that. He's got a winning ratio of about 1/3 of his games. That's horrible.

I can't help it if other people can't see that, or Chan can't see that. Honestly, I've been bad at things in my life. Either I make a point of it to get better, or I just give up because its obviously something I cannot do. Chan needs to make that decision. Or hopefully Buddy or Ralph will.

I work in a place where I get yelled at, sworn at, pissed on, **** on, and assaulted. And the great state of NY probably wouldnt save my job if i were to defend myself for any of it. Im probably not the person you want to ask this question to. But I'll play along. Yes, I do have the right to say anything to them I like. I've payed thousands of my hard earned dollars, and spend countless hours on this team. I have every right to the way I act. It's not like I'm the only one. It's not like they see me do it personally. Even if they did, as I stated with my post above, most of our reasons for failure are this lame duck coach. And if I ever met him up front and personally, if tell him to his face that he sucks and should give it up. I have no shame in calling a piece of crap a piece of crap. That's what it is.

Do you think those people have a right to treat you like ****, though?

I guess if it makes you feel like more of a man to curse out pro athletes from the safety of a paid bleacher seat, that's your terrifically sad prerogative.

It sounds to me like you are more interested in getting some aggression out than in the joy of seeing this team succeed. I'm as disappointed as anyone but I can move on.

Do you think those people have a right to treat you like ****, though?

I guess if it makes you feel like more of a man to curse out pro athletes from the safety of a paid bleacher seat, that's your terrifically sad prerogative.

It sounds to me like you are more interested in getting some aggression out than in the joy of seeing this team succeed. I'm as disappointed as anyone but I can move on.

i was simply stating that society as a hole is crap.

Again, I never said I curse out players. I said I boo them and make comments occasionally that they suck which is total truth. I also said that I wasn't right up on the isles like in that video. I do it from my seat. I don't need to be heard by the players for me to justify myself or anyone else. I also stated that my thoughts were that society as a whole is scumbags and a few people out of about 80,000 that scream some things at players is nothing to be bothered with. And of course, who cares? The players get paid millions of dollars. Some of them to do absolutely nothing. If they get a little butthurt and offended because of few people telling at them, then they should pick a new profession.

I'm actually not interested in getting any frustration out. I don't get drunk at games. I'm all about watching football. I enjoy the experience. Again, if it looks like crap, smells like crap and reminds you of crap. It's most likely crap. And that's what this coaching staff is. Ill call it that all day. To their faces if I ever get the chance.aybe, just maybe, I can talk Chan into removing himself from this organization.

nothing was as bad as the 84,85 seasons.

Think about 100 million for a DE free agent, and another 12 million for the other DE free agent. then think about all the draft picks for the defense the last 3 years. Yet, nearly worst in the league.

Think about the LACK of key injuries this year!! This years team is mostly healthy and doesn't have the excuses Jauron had when 10 starters went down every year. The talent is there on the field in the two very best RB's in the NFL that this head coach uses sparingly because he wants his PoS QB to throw all game to a #2 WR as the team has no real #1 WR. Think of all those 5 WR empty backfield sets with a backup QB throwing to a cast of nobodys.

Think about how bad the Dolphins and Jets are this season and how easy it would be to get a wildcard if they only won all the games against mediocre teams.

I was there for the back to back 2-14 season and there was no hope because they had no players. Even Bill Polian made a statement that those teams won 2 games on merit because they had no talent. Kinda why he was able to change 20 starters in 2 years

here's the conundrum:

i love that video. i think it's hilarious. i'm glad there are bills fans that do that at the ralph.

that passion, that inebriation, that foul-mouthed behavior, the fact that that's grown men tantruming like children--all of that is what makes the NFL so special. it's a war out there. it's a life style. it's football.

with that being said,

i feel bad for those players, and personally, i could never say those things to another human being that hadn't wronged me in some way (to his face--behind a keyboard, thats a whole different story.) i mean, i hate fitz. think he's the worst thing thats happened to the bills on the field since the music city miracle.

but i still cheer for him, i would never say those things to him, to wanny, to chan, to any of them.

Think about 100 million for a DE free agent, and another 12 million for the other DE free agent. then think about all the draft picks for the defense the last 3 years. Yet, nearly worst in the league.

Think about the LACK of key injuries this year!! This years team is mostly healthy and doesn't have the excuses Jauron had when 10 starters went down every year. The talent is there on the field in the two very best RB's in the NFL that this head coach uses sparingly because he wants his PoS QB to throw all game to a #2 WR as the team has no real #1 WR. Think of all those 5 WR empty backfield sets with a backup QB throwing to a cast of nobodys.

Think about how bad the Dolphins and Jets are this season and how easy it would be to get a wildcard if they only won all the games against mediocre teams.

I was there for the back to back 2-14 season and there was no hope because they had no players. Even Bill Polian made a statement that those teams won 2 games on merit because they had no talent. Kinda why he was able to change 20 starters in 2 years

Are you saying this year is worse or back then as you are making a case for both?

No. What's embarrassing is when I tell people from out of town I'm a Bills fan. Isn't it embarrassing to you when you constantly hear things like "oh, I'm sorry", "do you guys still have a team?", "4 Superbowls in a row? Really?", "Wide Right!!!"

Doesn't that get embarrassing for you? It sure as hell does for me. I paid my dues. I've been with then through the worst of times except some earlier years which I wasn't around for or too young to remember. And the thing is, ill always be there as a season ticket holder and supporter. IMO, that gives me the right to say what I want about them. The fact is, right now they are possibly the most embarrassing bunch of idiots to ever take the field at RWS. You can't tell me your hopes weren't absolutely crushed beyond belief this year by about halftime of the Jets game. Mine you ask? I knew it after the Pittsburgh Pre-season game when they have up a 99 yard drive in about 2 minutes. I knew then they were a fraud.

Well, I was commenting on the video, which you've since said does not mirror your actions at games.

To answer your question, no I'm not embarrassed by the team. I don't play for them, and often times I agree with whomever feels the need to point out how poorly we've played over the last decade or so.

Their poor play would never bring me to scream hurtful things to their faces. I'm sure they're as frustrated as I am.

Also, I'm an adult trying to set an example for two children. I stopped calling people names when I was 16 or so.

Okay listen up. I saw this video when you posted it here and it had like 200 hits. I tipped it to deadspin and it went viral and bart scott went apeshit and rex ryan had to make a statement, etc.

Now should I take some credit to contributing to the circus that is the 2012 Jets? Is that a fair statement, I feel happy right now. Congratulate me.

No dad. If I wanna be a ballerina wearing a pink tu-tu I'm gonna be a ballerina wearing a pink tu-tu. there's nothing you can do to make me stop my dancing and singing.

Ballerinas sing?

No. What's embarrassing is when I tell people from out of town I'm a Bills fan. Isn't it embarrassing to you when you constantly hear things like "oh, I'm sorry", "do you guys still have a team?", "4 Superbowls in a row? Really?", "Wide Right!!!"

Doesn't that get embarrassing for you? It sure as hell does for me. I paid my dues. I've been with then through the worst of times except some earlier years which I wasn't around for or too young to remember. And the thing is, ill always be there as a season ticket holder and supporter. IMO, that gives me the right to say what I want about them. The fact is, right now they are possibly the most embarrassing bunch of idiots to ever take the field at RWS. You can't tell me your hopes weren't absolutely crushed beyond belief this year by about halftime of the Jets game. Mine you ask? I knew it after the Pittsburgh Pre-season game when they have up a 99 yard drive in about 2 minutes. I knew then they were a fraud.

I understand your frustration, as I have gone through that too. As time went on I just shrug it off or ignore it.

Although I still get angry when I see terrible, sometimes idiotic, plays that lead to a loss.

Okay listen up. I saw this video when you posted it here and it had like 200 hits. I tipped it to deadspin and it went viral and bart scott went apeshit and rex ryan had to make a statement, etc.

Now should I take some credit to contributing to the circus that is the 2012 Jets? Is that a fair statement, I feel happy right now. Congratulate me.

Id say maybe you should do one in the Bills so that maybe Chan and Barnett or anyone would get fired up. But the probability of that happening are slim to none.

Besides, if you posted it, you'd just get more and more complaints and more topics about how Bills fans are the worst at the stadium and we have the worst stadium experience in the league. "See, watch this video and see how they treat thier own players" I can see it now.

Yep. Paul Maquire has talked about back in the Rockpile days you'd wear your helmet to the locker room because fans would throw full beer cans at them as they left the field.

And, on the sideline as well.

Those Jets fans are not thinking people. Any one of the Jets guys go off the railroad tracks at a moment like that, and he could do serious damage to an obnoxious fan or fans. I know, it would cost him dearly, but, that may not keep that from happening.

Years ago, (I am going to show my age) I attended a basketball game in the old Aud. Tom Heinson of Holy Cross (playing Canisius)(later the Celtic great) had a guy verbally riding him the whole game from the second row in the stands at one end. Near the end of the game, there was a skuffle at that end of the court. But, Heinson declined to get into the scuffle, instead he went into the stands and hit the loudmouth in the jaw with a haymaker. Verbal abuse like that situation is not thinking for sure!

Fireman Ed bailed because he knows the only reason he goes to the games is to be a cheesy mascot. And at this point, just like the team itself, the fans of NY aren't buying into it.

I won't argue that, but if you'd read the accounts, it has been the fans that have been verbally abusing him personally for wearing a Sanchez jersey.

I mean would you harass fellow Bills fans for wearing a Maybin jersey? I sure hope not. Sounds tremendously immature if you ask me.

Either way, this made it sound as if he quit wearing his jersey and doing cheers because the Jets suck too. Not the case.

I won't disagree that he may be a ham, but what, our stadium is chock full of 'em too.

I won't argue that, but if you'd read the accounts, it has been the fans that have been verbally abusing him personally for wearing a Sanchez jersey.

I mean would you harass fellow Bills fans for wearing a Maybin jersey? I sure hope not. Sounds tremendously immature if you ask me.

Either way, this made it sound as if he quit wearing his jersey and doing cheers because the Jets suck too. Not the case.

I won't disagree that he may be a ham, but what, our stadium is chock full of 'em too.

I think most would just have pity, maybe sympathy that the person wasted good money on something thats not even worthy of becoming a rag to clean oil off your garage floor.

Now, say a Whitner or Lynch Jersey, theres some taunting, but its not that bad (I know first hand)

But yeah, according to his letter, Ed isn't giving up on being a Jets fan, just giving up the "Firemen Ed" personna and leading the cheers on the jumbotron because he has dealt with too much abuse/taunting for continuing to wear a Sanchez jersey to the games

I feel your pain brother!! I do not live in Buffalo (have not in many years) but I watch every single game like it is the Super Bowl. I have not missed a game since the meaningless season finale in1994 against the Colts when we were out of playoff contention for the first time since 1987. (went to a meaningless Falcons-Cardianls game that day) I went to the Music City Miracle, the Bills-Dolphins Flutie fumble playoff game in Miami in 1998. I went to the1st and 3rd Super Bowls. I live for the Bills every single game, every single year. And at this point I am hurting bigtime!! Change needs to happen immediately. This is the worst coached team in the league w the worst starting QB this side of Arizona. We have beaten a garbage KC team, and a Cleveland team that was playing lousy at the time. We got a gift in Arizona, and another against Miami because Tannehill missed a few throws. Our head coach is keeping us from winning games. We really should be 2-9. And Cleveland and KC would probably beat us right now. Our QB does not have the physical tools to win in the NFL. Yet our head coach runs an offense that revolves around our QB having to win games for us. It makes no sense, and combined w his poor game management, and inability to make in game adjustments, leaves us unable to compete and never able to dominate every single week. Gailey needs to be FIRED NOW! What say you Buddy about your third rate coach?

We actually pretty much dominated that game. Offense and defense. We just didnt convert tds. We didnt finish them right which made it appear closer. It was a very strong game. We could have easily blown them away if the right calls were made in the endzone.

Kc would not beat us right now nor cleveland.

After watching that, that is just disgraceful and disrespectful. We all want them to win and you know what they want to win too. Just imagine being in their shoes and hearing all that trash do you think that is really going to motivate them to do better, how many us had fathers yell at us like that, did we do better bc of it, Nope.

The problems with this team are obvious and until they change all the harassment in the world isn't going to make them play better an it probably just turns them off so that they play like they don't care bc nobody else does.

I'm truly sorry to hear that.