On the plus side... [Mario Williams]

Nice to see Mario coming on strong. I thought the hand injury was a cop out, but it seems like he has been much better since having surgery.

As for Dareus being bad yesterday? I thought he looked great. He was in on a ton of plays either right at the line of scrimmage or behind it. The Colts got very few rushing yards up the middle.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That play was horrible. I woke my wife up with my swearing fit after that play.

For YE OLE it was when Luck spiked that ball to the turf at the end of the first half with 1 second left on the clock. The mismanagement of time that led to such a fiasco was just beyond words. YE OLE let loose a barrage of expletives that made it so that YE is once again banned from watching games while the Mrs. and YE YOUNG are present. YE had done a masterful job of biting his tongue the past couple of seasons, unlike his younger days, but yesterday was just too much.

I could swear, when Luck spiked that ball at the end of the first half, the clock hit triple 0's before the ball hit the ground...

He's gonna get the Brady treatment from the league. I love how the TV crew praised him when it was stupid to throw a pass short of the endzone in the 1st place.

I also find it hilarious that there are like 10 Mario is horrible threads after a bad game and one sort of shout thread after a really good game.

It did. They stood around for a while then put 1 second back on.

It's the same thing as when a coach calls a time out AFTER the play clock hits zero to negate a delay of game. The refs just give the coach the benefit of doubt that he called it before the time expired. It's stupid.

I've been mum on the whole Mario thing since the signing, but the guy will produce 12 sacks a year, if healthy, for the next 5. If we ever get an LBs that can blitz well, it could be more. I like the investment and we are seriously 3 players (and a DC) away from being a formidable D.

Mario was injured all of last season and hurt his wrist this year its possible that he needed time and that wrist procedure to round back into form. I think he has been much better since the Texans game but these last two he has looked like the way Mario Williams should be playing.

I've been mum on the whole Mario thing since the signing, but the guy will produce 12 sacks a year, if healthy, for the next 5. If we ever get an LBs that can blitz well, it could be more. I like the investment and we are seriously 3 players (and a DC) away from being a formidable D.

heck, we can probably get by adding 2 good linebackers and be in good shape with this D.

IMO, we abandoned the 3-4 too early. I say we need just a couple of solid LB's and the right coach to make it work. Dareus @ DE, Williams @ NT, Mario @ the main rush backer postion ala Demarcus Ware, Kyle Moore or Mark Anderson on the other side. Play Moore or Kelsay @ DE opposite Mario in Nickel and Dime situations. A good draft @ the LB position is all we need. I think that is how we could maximize Dareus' ability. On topic of the thread though, Mario is starting to look like that "$100 Million Man".

Looks like Mario is finely cranking it up. Not just the sacks he was a Strong presence every down.

Side note- Marcel looks like a fat kid waddling around the play ground trying to keep up with the jocks.

I did notice Marcel looked a bit heavier this year than last , but on the bright side if the team keeps playing the way they are we will have another high draft pick next year !!!

Hooray! He sure knows how to turn it on when it counts!

Wow, the guy gets 3 sacks and you still find a way to complain about him. As I made a thread stating a few weeks ago, Mario will be a very good player for the Bills. Sunday was great evidence of that. Keep 'em coming Mario! Ignore the idiotic Buffalo fans who are hating on you.

mario did have a great day. Set the edge- to bad the Bills had no one in the middle giving up multiple first downs to Luck running the ball!

I can see both sides to the arguement for Mario right now. I hope the guy since the surgery is who we get for the next 5 seasons.

And like other posters have pointed out add a LB or two and this D is looks good.- Oh yeah, fire Wanny too!

mario did have a great day. Set the edge- to bad the Bills had no one in the middle giving up multiple first downs to Luck running the ball!

I can see both sides to the arguement for Mario right now. I hope the guy since the surgery is who we get for the next 5 seasons.

And like other posters have pointed out add a LB or two and this D is looks good.- Oh yeah, fire Wanny too!

given its the guy thats been around for the last 6, id imagine its the guy we should consistently see, barring a surprise.