On the plus side... [Mario Williams]

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus was moneybags today...................Whatchutalkinboutwillis?

Our D has been impressive these last two games especially Mario today

Everything is relative, I guess. 8 of Indy's 1st downs came as 3rd down conversions. They allowed 2 1st downs on Indy's last drive before Gilmore's PI ended the game. They played 2 rookie QBs the past 2 weeks.

Looks like Mario is finely cranking it up. Not just the sacks he was always a Strong presence every down.

Side note- Marcel looks like a fat kid waddling around the play ground trying to keep up with the jocks.

We spent the 1st half of the season with a productive offense but no defense

Now the defense is cranking it up and the offense can't produce

Can we ever field a whole football team for a full game?

Agree on Marcel. He really needs to start taking S&C seriously. Have a heart-2-heart chat with Bruce Smith.

Looks like Mario is finely cranking it up. Not just the sacks he was always a Strong presence every down.

Side note- Marcel looks like a fat kid waddling around the play ground trying to keep up with the jocks.

I thought Marcell played well today, on one series he made three plays in a row. He has sucked most of this year but played his best game so far.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I thought Marcell played well today, on one series he made three plays in a row. He has sucked most of this year but played his best game so far.

Dareus was a beast yesterday. That's one great takeaway is that our d line is looking like how we expected it to be. I'm so glad we didn't trade Mario for John Skelton.

Agree that Mario is starting to make an impact. Disagree with your thoughts on Dareus - he played a very good second half in terms of pressure and being in the middle of tackles.

Defense has played better.

Still that 3rd & 17 play with Wayne being wide open was inexcusable, and was probably the play that decided the game.

Overall, the D improved but did not make stops. Giving up a 9 minute drive to a rookie-led team is inexusable. Allowing multiple 3rd and long conversions is not a sign of a good D.

that might be a little harsh, but i agree that sometimes it just looks like hes running in sand when he gets free out there. the extra weight is really hurting his agility/acceleration at times

Mario is a stud.....and will only get better as he gets healthier.....

i really do agree that people will be surprised with how much he can do. im not holding my breath for multi sack games every week, but i think that he will be a high impact every down player - both in the run and passing game. he may not be the pure pass rusher that the top 2-3 guys are (id argue hes not as far from it as this board thinks) but hes got such a complete game that it will really help this defense turn the corner going forward.