Whitner reveals Kaepernick to start for 49ers

Give it a rest already with the pure hatred for Whitner, The news of Kaepernick starting has been all over the news since Wednesday, its not like he broke the news about some secret that no one knew had any clue about

Whitner could tweet a cure for aids and cancer and fans in Buffalo would still find a way to bash him for it because he was drafted and not Ngata

Do some research before you make such am embarrassing thread please.

Do you need some help with that stick that's lodged deep in your ass?

It may not have been the best kept secret, but it's not Whitner's job to report that kind of stuff to reporters. I bet Harbaugh lets him hear about it.

Do you need some help with that stick that's lodged deep in your ass?

It may not have been the best kept secret, but it's not Whitner's job to report that kind of stuff to reporters. I bet Harbaugh lets him hear about it.

weve had a couple coaches even say it, then back down. for all we know harbaugh asked him to mess with the media.

odds are donte did let it slip though, but hes not the first. that might make it worse though as youd think the lesson would be learned.

Man, I'm starting to have flashbacks of all the pre-draft Kaepernick posts saying the Bills should draft him...

Bills select A. Williams at 34

Bengals select A. Dalton at 35

49ers select C. Kaepernick at 36

We draft a guy who isn't even starting caliber at a position where getting talent is relatively easy... two teams after us draft starting caliber QBs at a position where finding talent isn't that easy.

Shows how pathetic we are at assessing talent.

Give it a rest already with the pure hatred for Whitner, The news of Kaepernick starting has been all over the news since Wednesday, its not like he broke the news about some secret that no one knew had any clue about

Whitner could tweet a cure for aids and cancer and fans in Buffalo would still find a way to bash him for it because he was drafted and not Ngata

Yeah Bills fans are jerks. How dare they criticize a safety declaring a starter before the head coach does! Every NFL team's safety does that! He's just that more of a great guy and just proves how horrible Bills fans are. For shame!

49ers are making a huge mistake.

Too early to tell either way. To me it was evident by the end of the first half that the dude has uncanny accuracy and moxy which IMHO the 49ers have been lacking with Alex Smith. However, it was just one game. Opposing D's in the NFL have a knack of digging up QB weaknesses and exploiting them (see Cam Newton between last season and this one). CK has to play for at least half a season for a judgment on whether or not he is better than Smith.

So, back to your point, I think it is a calculated gamble by Harbaugh. He knows he has some buffer in the 49ers record such that the season won't magically be flushed down the toilet due to this change. The surrounding cast is still the same. The worst that may happen is that CK makes a serious mistake or two to cost them games. At that point, Harbaugh can still put Smith back in and chug along towards the playoffs. I think Harbaugh got presented this opportunity at the correct time of the season. Too early on or later, he may not have taken this gamble.

(shameless LAMP): http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/152787-bears-niners-live-game-thread/

Edited by Fan in Chicago

49ers are making a huge mistake.

The thing is that Alex Smith is, has, and always will be a total team player.

He's twice re-signed with the team when I believe most other players would have decided that it was time to move on to a new workplace.

He's been beaten up and humiliated by the fans, media and former coaches here but he always says and does the right by the team.

Though they denied it, the Niners pursued Peyton Manning when he was a free agent this past offseason and explored trades for Smith.

However Smith has always taken the high road and said earlier this week about Kaepernick:

“In my opinion, if you can’t be happy for your teammate’s success, you’re playing the wrong sport,” Smith said, via Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee. “Go play tennis or golf or something. It’s ridiculous, I think. That doesn't belong in team sports, in my opinion"

In talking about losing his job partly due to injury Smith replied:

“I guess you don’t expect anything. This is the nature of the game. The next guy steps up and plays well. That’s part of the deal in this game. Competition is part of it as well. Don’t know what’s going to happen.”

In the event that Kaepernick has the usual bumpy road that young quarterbacks have and has to be sat down for a quarter or a game or more, Smith will come in and do his best to get wins for the Niners.

I see no way that this situation will divide the team, mostly due to Smith's great character and perspective.

So in other words, I think this is a mostly win-win situation for the Niners.

I think that a bit of patience is in order. Whitner, in one of the most stupid moves I have ever seen, was drafted at #8. Levy turned down "multiple trade offers" to select him. Then, he held out. When he arrived in town, he had a domestic incident. He made a fortune, was a big mouth, and was so-so at best. He only looks ok now because of who is in front of him.

Imo, Bills fans are entitled to be a bit hostile toward Whitner. That said, I hope it didn't hurt so much when he was tasered. :D

I think that a bit of patience is in order. Whitner, in one of the most stupid moves I have ever seen, was drafted at #8. Levy turned down "multiple trade offers" to select him. Then, he held out. When he arrived in town, he had a domestic incident. He made a fortune, was a big mouth, and was so-so at best. He only looks ok now because of who is in front of him.

Imo, Bills fans are entitled to be a bit hostile toward Whitner. That said, I hope it didn't hurt so much when he was tasered. :D

+1. Marv single-handedly set this franchise back 5 years with that draft. To follow up the Whitner debacle, the Bills traded back into the first round for the right to draft (not Mangold) but perennial bench-warner-now-out-of-a-job John McCargo. What a disaster.

Donte sucks, BTW. Overrated.

Edited by Dawgg