Man missing after Bills game found dead, per WGR

DPR4444

Regardless of all the bullstojan above.

A mother is now without a son, a father, too. A possible brother or sister is without their sibling. Friends are without their friends. Darwin may be Darwin, but those who suffer are not the ones who are the lost, it is the ones who lose.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So by ejecting the guy they got him out of the stadium. But did they serve him any alcohol during the game? If so they may be liable. They're not supposed to allow obviously intoxicated people into the stadium in the first place. Another question - does putting obviously intoxicated people back on the street make them liable? Public intoxication is illegal is it not? Should he have been moved to a drunk tank instead of just being deposited outside the gate?

i'm no lawyer, and I'm in favor of personal responsibility, but could the Bills be in danger of a lawsuit if this guy was ejected in a state of obvious inebriation, and that contributed to his death? we live in a pretty litigious (sp?) society

You can sue anyone for anything. But it would get dismissed.

Regardless of all the bullstojan above.

A mother is now without a son, a father, too. A possible brother or sister is without their sibling. Friends are without their friends. Darwin may be Darwin, but those who suffer are not the ones who are the lost, it is the ones who lose.

Well said. Terrible tragedy.

I feel bad for this guy and his family, but way too many people get way too out of control at the Ralph. I feel like it's gotten much worse over the years. We had season tickets when I was a kid and I never remember it being anywhere near as bad as it was the last time I attended a game in 2010. I would never think about bringing my family to a game now.

I feel bad for this guy and his family, but way too many people get way too out of control at the Ralph. I feel like it's gotten much worse over the years. We had season tickets when I was a kid and I never remember it being anywhere near as bad as it was the last time I attended a game in 2010. I would never think about bringing my family to a game now.

unless ive missed an update, we dont know that he was even ejected 100% yet - yet alone that if he was it was for booze - and if it was for booze that his demise was directly caused by the booze.

theres a really good chance those dots connect, but i dont think this is the time to go there.

It seems to me that would be the best possible silver lining.

I have said it for a while now, Tailgating as we know it will be slowly fazed out by the league and newer tailgating rules/regulations, and soon the only tailgating permitted will be ones sponsored by the teams and beer companies where they can regulate the alcohol consumption. Its incidences like this that give the league and team more fuel to make changes to the tailgating that currently goes on at the stadium.

As for the comment above where the person wasn't so sympathetic about the death, I kind of agree with them. I have no sympathy for people who put themselves in a position weither it be by excessive alcohol or drug use that they cannot take care of themselves. Everyone has a mother/father or other people that may grieve this persons death, it doesn't mean that I should because they put themselves in a situation by excessive drinking/drug use that could have easily been avoided.

I have said it for a while now, Tailgating as we know it will be slowly fazed out by the league and newer tailgating rules/regulations, and soon the only tailgating permitted will be ones sponsored by the teams and beer companies where they can regulate the alcohol consumption. Its incidences like this that give the league and team more fuel to make changes to the tailgating that currently goes on at the stadium.

Frankly I'm shocked it hasn't happened already given existing dram shop laws and the litigious nature of our society. It seems as though the league has left it up to each team to handle it however they want. That's the part I expect to change.

unless ive missed an update, we dont know that he was even ejected 100% yet - yet alone that if he was it was for booze - and if it was for booze that his demise was directly caused by the booze.

theres a really good chance those dots connect, but i dont think this is the time to go there.

Here is the update that you missed...from the Buffalo News

Authorities said the man’s brother reported to law enforcement that the brother had been ejected from the game, apparently for being intoxicated, and that he couldn’t find him after the game.

Edited by ACor58

i'm no lawyer, and I'm in favor of personal responsibility, but could the Bills be in danger of a lawsuit if this guy was ejected in a state of obvious inebriation, and that contributed to his death? we live in a pretty litigious (sp?) society

Yeah this one is a real doosie.

I'm very conflicted as I see all sides of this.

While there's a few different ways to feel about it, there's maybe only two morals to the story:

1) Don't ever drink yourself into an incapacitated stupor.

2) If someone you know and love is in the above state, stop everything that you are doing and accompany that person to safety.

Authorities said the man’s brother reported to law enforcement that the brother had been ejected from the game, apparently for being intoxicated, and that he couldn’t find him after the game.

I was thinking about this. Dude's brother, who is considered by security/cops to be too intoxicated to be allowed to stay in the stadium, gets ejected and he knows about it. Does he go with his brother to make sure he's OK? No, he says in and watches the rest of the game.

I was thinking about this. Dude's brother, who is considered by security/cops to be too intoxicated to be allowed to stay in the stadium, gets ejected and he knows about it. Does he go with his brother to make sure he's OK? No, he says in and watches the rest of the game.

I literally just hung up the phone with my brother (who was at the game with me) and we were saying the same thing. Just a horrible situation.

its all third hand initial reports, for all we know, security told him hed be in the tank til after the game

or maybe he wasnt in that fall down stupor state, and got booted for being a loudmouth and friends/family thought hed be ok waiting by the car for a little bit and then went and drank more.

i really do think it wise to wait for full stories to develop before judging the man or family too much.

hell, we may find out he just happened to have a heart attack or aneurysm or something random.

drinking is a very serious thing, that we all joke about - but bad things can and do regularly happen. i think we could all probably stand to learn a lesson, i just dont want to put too much of that weight on this incident seeing as we dont know much in the way of details.

Edited by NoSaint

As for the comment above where the person wasn't so sympathetic about the death, I kind of agree with them. I have no sympathy for people who put themselves in a position weither it be by excessive alcohol or drug use that they cannot take care of themselves. Everyone has a mother/father or other people that may grieve this persons death, it doesn't mean that I should because they put themselves in a situation by excessive drinking/drug use that could have easily been avoided.

For the first time I agree with everything you have said.

I would think if a man was so drunk he had to be ejected from the game, one might argue that the police should have been called. It's certainly a shame this happened.

I 100% get what you're saying but why does everyone hav to suffer because one person had a terrible experience? Yes there are lots of idiots who do stupid stuff at tailgates. But there's like 95% of 70,000 people who do things the right way. I hate the way society has to overreact because there are idiots who can't act like a grown up.

Any death is sad but if the facts are true, it's really hard to find pity. Trust me, I've done my share of stupid things but I realized that it is solely on me. I've never been ripped to the point of getting kicked out of a game/ bar. Also if that was my brother, I'd be there to take care of him.