Man missing after Bills game found dead, per WGR

DPR4444

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It still sucks for me! Like No Saint said, I think it depends on your carrier.

yea - here i used to sit next to someone with a different carrier and hed get full service, while id have nothing.

i think league wide its been made a priority, which makes sense. forget enlarging from 50 yard tvs to 70, and making concourses 6 inches wider - i like being able to make a quick call if i need to meet up with someone, or the gf ran to the bathroom to be able to ask her to grab a drink, or even check stats (in the superdome we dont even get home team stats during the game, so while chasing the record last year i had to rely on the guy next to me to know how many yards drew needed to pass marino for instance... frustrating).

this year at the superdome they added a lot of boosters and ive actually been able to stay in touch (though sometimes i blame the lack of reception for why i disappear as i dont want to just play on my phone at the games)

Yeah ive had texts fail too. Weird.

True, true... Im not trying to come up with any conclusions. Just furthering the discussion. Lots of weird things with this story. Sad for the guy's family, but it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Weird I had texting issues at the Oakland Colesium? Is it an NFL conspiracy?

The police do not search for people unless (a) 48 hours has passed, (b) the missing person is a minor, © the person has a known medical condition or (d) evidence shows that a crime was committed.

yea, thats the part that seemed weird to me. were talking about just a few hours realistically. perhaps (e) a friend with the police? or (f) after contacting the bills about the ejection and missing person they used a little sway

all around strange story. i imagine in the coming weeks we will end up with lots of questions unless a witness to what happened comes forward.

The Patriots are behind it.

I was worried too because my wife was dropping me off and I was going to walk into the parking lot to tailgate. They didn't know where they were going to park so we were just going to text eachother with we got there. I had the cooler of beer and food so I was good. As I got out of the car they were two cars behind us. Lucky.

yea, thats the part that seemed weird to me. were talking about just a few hours realistically. perhaps (e) a friend with the police? or (f) after contacting the bills about the ejection and missing person they used a little sway

all around strange story. i imagine in the coming weeks we will end up with lots of questions unless a witness to what happened comes forward.

I almost wonder that because there was a likelyhood that large amounts of alcohol could be involved that the police felt it necessary to take action sooner? Or because this was a situation where the person wasn't from the area, and its obvious that they were actually missing that they decided to search instead of wait?

I almost wonder that because there was a likelyhood that large amounts of alcohol could be involved that the police felt it necessary to take action sooner? Or because this was a situation where the person wasn't from the area, and its obvious that they were actually missing that they decided to search instead of wait?

people get drunk and wake up in strange places all the time. frankly, thats why they dont search immediately the next morning in a lot of cases - lots of people party a bit hard and go home with someone and dont set their alarms for the next morning.

also, isnt he atleast remotely from the area? i mean, planning to be at work in the morning so not that far.

Edited by NoSaint

also, isnt he atleast remotely from the area? i mean, planning to be at work in the morning so not that far.

Nope. He lives ~ 90 miles from the stadium. If he is anything like me, he didn't know the area at all. Lots of posters seem incredulous as to how he ended up where he did. I'm telling you, I don't know big tree, little tree, orchard park or Lincoln park. It's just a place I watch the Bills a couple times a decade.

just like i said be patient to the "OMG HE WAS SO WASTED" crowd - i will say the same here. A simple explanation is that police probably didnt do much in the way of missing persons searching by early the next morning, while dad had probably been out there a good chunk of the night. Im not 100% familiar with the exact location where he was found vs how dedicated you would have to be searching the area to find him. I understand that generally it doesnt sound like the first place you would go, but in a quick sweep perhaps he just got lucky? heck, there are even ways to track down missing phones from other phones these days. could have lead him that direction.

definitely a story ill be keeping eyes on at this point, as I am very curious how it turns out.

+1... Forgot about the phone thingy... It has just got to suck for the family... So sad... I hope they get resolution & closure!

That could be. But, two of my friends were arguing Thursday night because one never got the other ones text, and then we could see that it had failed. And, they were still outside at that point - one trying to steer the other to the tailgate he was at............When there are that many people that close, I've always experienced phones just not working......To have two of there's work, well I want to get on their cell plan!

Maybe they had two-way radio capability... I know... I know that is a stretch... NEXTEL was the one that did that, right?

Yeah ive had texts fail too. Weird.

True, true... Im not trying to come up with any conclusions. Just furthering the discussion. Lots of weird things with this story. Sad for the guy's family, but it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Same here DD... Sorry to all if I was sounding too pushy... May this fella rest in peace and his family find resolution... Gotta be a sad Thanksgiving Day for the poor family...

All I heard was that he had a small wound on his head. I talked yesterday with a Bills employee and he got all defensive so I dropped it. I Think that area where he went over has no fence but I could be wrong. I'm wondering if he thought he was on the right path to DeMarco's crossover, which we know is not in that location. Buddy the Wonder Dog and I will check it out.

Thanks! Nice having a inside scoop Hammer! I wonder if he fell down and hit his head... They called it a 'ravine' that they found him in... Hmmmm? This time slippery and wet with leaves an all...

That could be. But, two of my friends were arguing Thursday night because one never got the other ones text, and then we could see that it had failed. And, they were still outside at that point - one trying to steer the other to the tailgate he was at............When there are that many people that close, I've always experienced phones just not working......To have two of there's work, well I want to get on their cell plan!

Yeah... But it won't work nowhere else! :death:

I got Verizon.. Works great on thru the whole country... But at home... LoL... I can call home clearer from Timbuktu than trying to dial out!

people get drunk and wake up in strange places all the time. frankly, thats why they dont search immediately the next morning in a lot of cases - lots of people party a bit hard and go home with someone and dont set their alarms for the next morning.

I know that, my point was that maybe they decided to waive the 48hr waiting period because this isn't the case of a guy going out to a bar with friends in his home town and winding up going home with someone. The guy was alone, and left a stadium where he told his brother he would meet them at another location away from the stadium after he was removed for what is being assumed was excessive drinking. He is not in his home area, and may be unfamiliar with the area. its possible they said they would search the area sooner then normal because the outcome was probably going to be much worse if they waited the 48 hrs

I know that, my point was that maybe they decided to waive the 48hr waiting period because this isn't the case of a guy going out to a bar with friends in his home town and winding up going home with someone. The guy was alone, and left a stadium where he told his brother he would meet them at another location away from the stadium after he was removed for what is being assumed was excessive drinking. He is not in his home area, and may be unfamiliar with the area. its possible they said they would search the area sooner then normal because the outcome was probably going to be much worse if they waited the 48 hrs

Only problem there is family says he wasn't that drunk when booted. Possible I guess.

Considering no one from family actually SAW him hard to say he was not drunk. I have seen people who were practically ready to collapse talk on cell phones and appear completely coherent. It appears to be case where they are trying to blame someone else for a person's responsibility. Now there will be an outcry and more rules which will provide more complaints when followed and lawsuits when they are not exactly followed.

Considering no one from family actually SAW him hard to say he was not drunk. I have seen people who were practically ready to collapse talk on cell phones and appear completely coherent. It appears to be case where they are trying to blame someone else for a person's responsibility. Now there will be an outcry and more rules which will provide more complaints when followed and lawsuits when they are not exactly followed.

Weren't they with him at the game up until minutes before ejection, and present for, generally, all his drinking that day?

I genuinely am not sure and I know even that doesn't prove anything (could have easily had more, taken something, or bro could be under reporting) just pointing towards that plot point.

Buddy the Wonder Dog and I went for a walk behind the Ralph. There is no fence in the area where he went into the ravine. If you google map it is the area behind the 2 drop containers.

Is it possible that at night, a little buzzed, probably a little angry, in the dark he might've just gone the wrong way and slipped and fell somehow? Given the tiny bit we've heard, that seems like the simplest explanation (if you assume everyone's generally telling the truth or close to it) but I don't know the area well enough.

When I've attended games, it's basically been vehicle to stadium and then back to vehicle for me, so I'm not familiar with walking around the area outside the Stadium as others here. Can someone describe this Smoke's Creek for me? Is it really a creek? about how wide and deep is it? is it something a person could walk through under normal circumstances?

thanks.