Free healthcare for all...

meazza

And here's where you go full out asshat again.

So effectively, the average person pays roughly 10+K annually into a fund that is built to protect them from any health issues and yet they have to pay an inordinate amount of money more to actually get the treatment they actually need?

Also another thing asshat, there is a strong consortium of citizens who are against private health care even being an option since it is unjust.

Seriously you're !@#$ing dumber than dirt.

Per capita the US currently pays more that any country in the world. I can't see that going anywhere except down with a consolidated payment system.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per capita the US currently pays more that any country in the world. I can't see that going anywhere except down with a consolidated payment system.

Only if we stop being the obese, anti-health capital of the world. I don't know if there is any chance of that.

Good assumption though most of the board probably has a good reason to dismiss this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/11/13/denmark-scraps-worlds-first-fat-tax/

I think perhaps it's easier for nature to take its course. The incentive of looking better, living longer and possibly shagging with more attractive mates should be enough for people to get off their ass. If not, then lets nature take its course.

Food consumption is 75% of the job. Carbs should be strictly from vegetables.

Green veggies. Avoid starchy ones.

Isn't there a saying that goes something like this: "Eat what your grandparents and great grandparents (for you younger ones) ate and drank."

Well Dr. Pepper has been around since 1885... Coca-Cola a little after that... :P

Crap... Think how long Twinkies have been around... Expiration dates? Ha! LoL... I remember as a child camping with left over Civil Defense provisions from 20 years earlier... I wonder what was in that stuff to keep it from going bad! LoL.

Anway... I think we are a bit hard on folks of today and the food they eat... Given, every era had crap... Crap is crap and no doubt earlier generations would have gobbled it up even more than we do now!

Oh well...

Only if we stop being the obese, anti-health capital of the world. I don't know if there is any chance of that.

And with the government running it? LMMFAO!

The Government is the answer to all our problems.

From LIPA to the USPS. "Please! Let the Government do what it does best: Waste our money while underperforming!" The American electorate.

LIPA: In May of 1998, the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) became Long Island’s primary electric service provider. Operating as a non-profit entity, LIPA has continued to serve the Island’s growing population with a consistent commitment to cost- containment, efficiency and service reliability.

Bios of LIPA's Board of Politically Appointed Trustees.

USPS reports record $15.9 BILLION loss for fiscal year 2012. Of course, the NYT's article rounded it down to 15 billion, because that is a much more palatable figure. It's more than triple what they lost last year, but hey - FORWARD! But of course, their politically appointed board of governors gave out record bonuses in the form of deferred compensation to their top five executives. FORWARD!! But hey - it's the government, not some evil private enterprise that's killing their employees and shutting plants down due to a FAILED BUSINESS MODEL. FORWARD!!!

And what the !@#$ is the point of this comment? You were commenting on the OP which is about Canadian healthcare and then you come up with that moronic statement and this is your only backup?

Go back to kindergarten.

And what the !@#$ is the point of this comment? You were commenting on the OP which is about Canadian healthcare and then you come up with that moronic statement and this is your only backup?

Go back to kindergarten.

Please don't put that kind of pressure on him. He wants to go back to the womb. It was safe there. Kindergarten - for him - not so much.

No. Because there aren't any. Every source you'll find is from some homeopathic/naturopathic crackpot site that's just making **** up as they go along.

And 50 years ago we had doctors doing commercials for the safe and non-addictive tobacco industry who also said exactly this...

There are plenty of studies, plenty of proof out there from peer reviewed sources. And those are the studies that don't see the light of day in the general public because you can't fight the money. It's on us to wake the f up.

Go back to kindergarten.

I'm saying I disagree with your assessment that taxes would go up. In either case, there is a huge list of people who currently cannot afford health insurance. If UHC causes a few waiting lines in exchange for millions of people having coverage when they previously had none, that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

I'm saying I disagree with your assessment that taxes would go up. In either case, there is a huge list of people who currently cannot afford health insurance. If UHC causes a few waiting lines in exchange for millions of people having coverage when they previously had none, that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

You (and many others) appear to have little grasp of what is going to happen in 2013.

It will be much more than the added inconvenience of "waiting in line"

More will have coverage, but fewer will have access to care.

No. Because there aren't any. Every source you'll find is from some homeopathic/naturopathic crackpot site that's just making **** up as they go along.

There's a case to be made for ecological and economic damage from GMO's (Monsanto, for example, has this really annoying practice of "licensing" seed to farmers - not only do farmers have to pay every year for their seed corn, for example, but if seed blows onto your field from another field Monsanto can effectively sue you for "piracy" - stealing their patented property). But the health concerns...pretty damn laughable. You're at more risk from antibiotic-fed chicken.

Can you prove gmo isn't dangerous to your health? Do you trust monsanto?

There are plenty of studies, plenty of proof out there from peer reviewed sources. And those are the studies that don't see the light of day in the general public because you can't fight the money. It's on us to wake the f up.

No, there isn't.

A GMO is no different than an organism that occurs naturally, as far as ingesting it is concerned. While it's true that its genome has been altered, It undergoes the same mechanical and chemical digestion a naturally-occurring organism does, and that genome is sliced-up into mononucleotides that by themselves are harmless.

Imagine that, the well meaning liberals are appalled that corporate America is stuffing unhealthy food at the suffering underclass. Yet with five more minutes of thought, anyone with access to a supermarket can get a healthy meal at a fraction of the cost of junk food.

Imagine that, the well meaning liberals are appalled that corporate America is stuffing unhealthy food at the suffering underclass. Yet with five more minutes of thought, anyone with access to a supermarket can get a healthy meal at a fraction of the cost of junk food.

Thats the problem. Access. Many cities do not have supermarkets available to its residents. Instead, they have small mom and pop stores. The selection is sorely lacking, not to mention the mark up they have to do to stay in business.

Thats the problem. Access. Many cities do not have supermarkets available to its residents. Instead, they have small mom and pop stores. The selection is sorely lacking, not to mention the mark up they have to do to stay in business.

Baloney. Name a city that doesn't have decent supermarkets that aren't accessible.