Free healthcare for all...

meazza

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A GMO is no different than an organism that occurs naturally, as far as ingesting it is concerned. While it's true that its genome has been altered, It undergoes the same mechanical and chemical digestion a naturally-occurring organism does, and that genome is sliced-up into mononucleotides that by themselves are harmless.

That is how I always saw it. Like cultured pearls or naturally occuring pearls... There really is no difference, except how it got started. Right?

But... People always want to find a boogy man...

Are you being serious or are trolling?

How many supermarkets are inside the city border. Are you being serious or are you trolling? Ask anyone without a car that lives in the city how easy it is to get to a supermarket. I should know, I volunter my time and gas money taking low income people to the grocery store.

Sometimes I think people on this sight disagree just to disagree. I wonder why some of the best posters have left this sight.

How many supermarkets are inside the city border. Are you being serious or are you trolling? Ask anyone without a car that lives in the city how easy it is to get to a supermarket. I should know, I volunter my time and gas money taking low income people to the grocery store.

Sometimes I think people on this sight disagree just to disagree. I wonder why some of the best posters have left this sight.

You are right... Same here in this part of the city of Chicago... One has to travel 5+ miles to find a supermarket in the suburbs.

I think GG is confused because he hears "Rochester" and immediately thinks "Wegman's"... But how many Wegman's are actually in the inner city? I don't know but, I would hazard to guess... Very few, if any.

You are right... Most of these people here love to spread the same tired BS...

You are right... Same here in this part of the city of Chicago... One has to travel 5+ miles to find a supermarket in the suburbs.

I think GG is confused because he hears "Rochester" and immediately thinks "Wegman's"... But how many Wegman's are actually in the inner city? I don't know but, I would hazard to guess... Very few, if any.

Buffalo use to be bad but has improved greatly in this regard - for awhile large retail and supermarkets were all built at least 1.5 mile past the last stop for city bus lines on the premise that if you didn't have a car you were more likely to shop lift (at least that what my brother who was in retail told me). There was a women killed by a car walking to the bus line and I think the law suit that ensued changed some of the financial calculations - also many find Aldi a godsend .

Tops has 6 large grocery stores within the Rachacha city limits. A quick google produced 305 grocery stores within that city.

Then there's this place - which is in the heart of the city, and it has the best and cheapest produce in town.

Uyour right nanker, there are some Tops stores withen the city limits. But if you have ever been in one, check the prices on the product they sell. It is all marked up higher than there stores in the suburbs. Not to mention about getting there to shop. Can you imagine lugging a cart full of food on two different buses?

As far as having over 300 stores listed, how many of them are small corner stores? Have you ever done any shopping in one? Be prepared to spend up to twice as much as you would in a supermarket.

contrary to what some people say, being poor sucks. I try to give back what I have been blessed to have received in my life. I wish more people felt that way.

Buffalo use to be bad but has improved greatly in this regard - for awhile large retail and supermarkets were all built at least 1.5 mile past the last stop for city bus lines on the premise that if you didn't have a car you were more likely to shop lift (at least that what my brother who was in retail told me). There was a women killed by a car walking to the bus line and I think the law suit that ensued changed some of the financial calculations - also many find Aldi a godsend .

Aldi's and the public market are Godsends for people who struggle to put food on the table. You can find some really good deals at both places.

Did you ever wonder why grocery stores tend to avoid these areas, and why those brave enough to venture in to high crime areas have higher prices?

And for the record, whether you live in the city or suburbs, grocery stores are easily accessible for those who drive, and of limited accessibility to those who don't.

Did you ever wonder why grocery stores tend to avoid these areas, and why those brave enough to venture in to high crime areas have higher prices?

And for the record, whether you live in the city or suburbs, grocery stores are easily accessible for those who drive, and of limited accessibility to those who don't.

Of course I do rob. There are more good people in the poorer neighberhoods than bad people. There are also more people with cars in surrounding suburbs than those in the city.

But the discussion is about affordable healthy foods for poorer neighborhoods and ones ability to afford to eat healthy. Which I believe I have shown, is not always affordable or accessible for those of low income.

Well duh, rich white people want poor black people to starve and to exploit them for all their money.

There should be a law forcing Wegmans and Tops to open new stores in those areas. And they should be forced to draw the workforce from those areas. But they have to ensure they don't over work their workers by giving them too many hours or too much pay so that they can stay on their swipe swipe Oh, and those workers should be Unionized

Well duh, rich white people want poor black people to starve and to exploit them for all their money.

There should be a law forcing Wegmans and Tops to open new stores in those areas. And they should be forced to draw the workforce from those areas. But they have to ensure they don't over work their workers by giving them too many hours or too much pay so that they can stay on their swipe swipe Oh, and those workers should be Unionized

Stop letting your emotions do your thinking. I tell you what, there are more left leaning volunteers at the food pantrys and homeless shelters then right leaning people. At least that has been my experience.

Stop letting your emotions do your thinking. I tell you what, there are more left leaning volunteers at the food pantrys and homeless shelters then right leaning people. At least that has been my experience.

Conservatives give more to charity than liberals.

That is how I always saw it. Like cultured pearls or naturally occuring pearls... There really is no difference, except how it got started. Right?

Pretty much. Except you don't eat pearls. :P

But... People always want to find a boogy man...

It's good to question things, but ultimately you need to use common sense. Again anything ingested is broken-down into elemental components, meaning any genetic modifications won't mean a thing, unless you're allergic to any novel protein produced by the alteration. But even then, it's just an allergic reaction which again can occur with naturally-occurring organisms. Now if they're using some special chemical/pesticide to grow the GMO and that's causing disease, that's something else. But then it's a matter of eliminating that.

So you're saying they do have access to grocery stores they just have to figure out how to get there. Life can be so tough sometimes. :rolleyes:

I lived in downtown SF for over 3 years and there are a ton of grocery stores and farmers markets several days a week. I find it hard to believe there are no grocery stores in Chicago or Rochester.

So you're saying they do have access to grocery stores they just have to figure out how to get there. Life can be so tough sometimes. :rolleyes:

Stop thinking with your emotions. Think practicly about it. Imagine having to bring a small child or two with a cart on a bus and go shopping. Its even worse in the winter. But that isn't the arguement. It's eating healthy.

Can you imagine lugging a cart full of food on two different buses?

Oh quit your bitching. We used to walk to the store and carry the groceries home.

Stop thinking with your emotions. Think practicly about it. Imagine having to bring a small child or two with a cart on a bus and go shopping. Its even worse in the winter. But that isn't the arguement. It's eating healthy.

Life is soooooo hard sometimes. And I'm thinking with my emotions? I'm thinking practically and you're the emotional one in this.

Edited by Chef Jim