McKelvin is better than Williams

dayman

The turd I just laid down a few min ago is better than Williams what's your point?

Why does it take Williams getting hurt for us to see the switch. Why can't this team evaluate their own damn talent? Same w/ CJ splitting 50/50 w/ Fred. On and on...

McKelvin is better. Period. Get it through your skull Wanny.

Why does it take Williams getting hurt for us to see the switch. Why can't this team evaluate their own damn talent? Same w/ CJ splitting 50/50 w/ Fred. On and on...

McKelvin is better. Period. Get it through your skull Wanny.

Let's relax a bit here. McKelvin played pretty well, but this is McKelvin. It's only a matter of time before he gets exposed.

I really like him as a star KR and situational DB, not as a #1 or #2 corner.

Let's relax a bit here. McKelvin played pretty well, but this is McKelvin. It's only a matter of time before he gets exposed.

I really like him as a star KR and situational DB, not as a #1 or #2 corner.

Williams was/is our #2 before he got hurt. So I will not calm down. Williams is done. I don't want to see him out there again. McKelvin is a SOLID CB when compared to Williams.

FWIW he seems like a more energetic player than 2 years ago. Today I saw him lay the wood to an O lineman twice his size. Flat on his arse.

lol I saw that exact play also and thought "damn!"....McKelvin knocked the hell out of that OLman

I think so, but that ain't saying much now.

Was gonna start a thread on this, but our secondary is the weak link on the entire team. Gilmore is a world class bust already, and the safeties have regressed bey belief.

I mentioned Gilmore being a potential bust a while ago and every one was calling me an idiot! Gilmore will be an average corner and a starter but a bust for an early round 1 pick!

I mentioned Gilmore being a potential bust a while ago and every one was calling me an idiot! Gilmore will be an average corner and a starter but a bust for an early round 1 pick!

Gilmore may be our Ike Taylor--average player who gets beat fairly often and/or has a lot of PI calls.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Was gonna start a thread on this, but our secondary is the weak link on the entire team. Gilmore is a world class bust already, and the safeties have regressed bey belief.

How is Gilmore a bust?

Gilmore has been the best db by far for this team. He'll be just fine. Williams blows but so does Mc"ball skills"Kelvin. People calling for him to play have amnesia about how badly he's been torched, being in the right spot and simply whiffing on his swat.

Brook and Gilmore are the only hope for this secondary. Searcey had some nice plays today too.

Gilmore may be our Ike Taylor--average player who gets beat fairly often and/or has a lot of PI calls.

Gilmore is no where near the player that Ike Taylor has been for a decade for the Steelers. Right now he is not showing anymore upside than a poor man's Thomas Smith. the guy seems to have no feel for where the receivers are going, and therefore looks really lost on the field. Wow, we have picked some marginal DB's of late. Rogers has nothing. And Aaron Williams is not quick enuf to play NFL corner. What are the scouts looking at. Just brutal.

Below average (McK) > Terrible (A.Williams).

McKelvin has this advantage: He is able to stay in the area of the receiver and appear to be covering him. True, if the QB actually throws the ball there, McKelvin is unlikely to break it up. However, his relatively close coverage may cause the QB to hesitate or check down instead of throwing the ball, because he may not always realize that the "coverage" is partly an illusion. Compare that to a CB who is badly out of position; the QB sees green space around the receiver, or a Bills player actually running the wrong way, and throws immediately for a reception.

I to am curious how people figure this.

Yeah it amazes me how people say this, just imagine being a rookie CB with no pass rush and playing opposite a CB that is hands down the worst in the league. He's a very solid player but just like any other rookie he needs time to develop.

To call Gilmore a "World Class Bust" you are out of your mind and a complete dick. The defense is playing awful and there is only so much a single rookie cornerback can do. You can't expect a rookie corner to be pullin picks down when opposing QB's have 7 seconds to throw the ball. Give the rookie a year or two. Or do your self a favor and watch a football game or two.

This thread should be ended. Is there really anyone that would put up worse numbers than williams has so far. No. He got beat more than anyone else so far this season. But blame goes on the D as a whole. It's not like we're looking good without him.

How is Gilmore a bust?

He is either out of position, or he is committing PI penalties. You could probably call him for interference on every single play--not kidding.

And there is virtually no learning curve for corners--so you can't even blame him for being a rookie. Probably been one of the bigger disappointments so far this season.

He is either out of position, or he is committing PI penalties. You could probably call him for interference on every single play--not kidding.

And there is virtually no learning curve for corners--so you can't even blame him for being a rookie. Probably been one of the bigger disappointments so far this season.

Wait are you kidding?

Williams was/is our #2 before he got hurt. So I will not calm down. Williams is done. I don't want to see him out there again. McKelvin is a SOLID CB when compared to Williams.

McKelvin has earned his way down the CB depth chart. Both last year and week 1 vs. the Jets when he started in place of Williams.

Its called press coverage - something which the kid does very well. Unfortunately, Wanny insists on having him play with a cushion which leaves the young one exposed but still he has done very well.

One of his PI penalties was totally BS - this is one of those calls which others are screaming about in the anti-refs thread on this board. The side effect of this call was his doubting himself which was apparent when he defended another pass and almost automatically looked at the ref to see if he was going to be flagged.

The kid seems to be learning fast and needs to be allowed to play the physical style which is his forte

There is no comparison, williams is awful and why he isnt being groomed as a safety now is fascinating to me. I think the biggest problem with this coaching staff is there so afraid to question themselves or even players they've anointed starters. Ala Fred Jackson, george wilson (for searcy) and aaron williams. Put the best players in the positions to make the plays its as simple as that.

or he's knocking the ball down like CB's are supposed to. have you missed all of the times he has done this? Gilmores been up and down, but he shows a ton of promise IMO.

Gillmore is not a bust. Williams is my least favorite bill and the worst corner I've ever watched at the NFL level. It's insane that our corners consist of 2 high 1st round picks and the 2nd pick of the 2nd round and it is the weakest aspect of our team. The fact that we are arguing who is better out of two of the worst corners I've seen proves what a joke the bills organization is. Give any of us mel kipers big board and we could draft better than the bills.

Its called press coverage - something which the kid does very well. Unfortunately, Wanny insists on having him play with a cushion which leaves the young one exposed but still he has done very well.

One of his PI penalties was totally BS - this is one of those calls which others are screaming about in the anti-refs thread on this board. The side effect of this call was his doubting himself which was apparent when he defended another pass and almost automatically looked at the ref to see if he was going to be flagged.

The kid seems to be learning fast and needs to be allowed to play the physical style which is his forte

Maybe calling him a "world class bust" was hyperbole, but he has been disappointing so far.

Yeah, the one PI penalty was garbage, but only because the ball was thrown 20 yards over his head. The contact on that play was illegal, as it was on the other PI calls he's had this year. He is playing press coverage, but struggles to look back for the ball and has struggled to play press coverage legally. On just about every play, he is grabbing and holding receivers more than 5 yards down field. I guess some of the greats get away with that, but we are the Buffalo Bills and the refs are not going to give us free passes.

I am worried about his ball skills and am worried that he's going to end up like the McKelvin of years past--just completely lost out there because he's either committing penalties or trying not to commit them.