FRANKENSTORM!!!!!

GG

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope went to reading terminal market for stuff for chili, meatballs & sausage and a butternut squash bisque.

Wawa across the street will be open for french toast needs, flying pig will be open for alcohol needs

did you get enough eggs, bread, and milk?

Storm's supposed to come ashore at high tide during a full moon. You couldn't time it better to maximize coastal flooding.

Wow....

Yea, the SoE is so they can mobilize the resources in advance. With a storm like this you've gotta - board up, sand bags, etc.... Different beast than the snow that you all normally see that declaration for and cleaning things up after.

Be safe guys. I know that most of these fall apart but all it takes is one to change everything. Hopefully it's just some rainy days off work.

You know, if i wanted to deal with this **** on a yearly basis, I'd move to Miami. At least the rest of the year's weather would be better >.>

I just don't get why they keep giving my tax dollars to y'all to rebuild when you are so obviously at hurricane risk.

Katrina humor, irony.

It looks like Jersey is going to get brunt of storm. NYC east of eye wall. Storm front approaching from West. They are saying possibly worst storm in 100 years. This has makings of the Perfect Storm- and it is supposed to hit on Oct 30, the 23rd anniversary of the Perfect Storm.

This system is awesome!

http://www.ssd.noaa....s/flash-wv.html

Maybe that hard rain will clean the place up.

I'm hoping we don't lose power again like we did for a week from Hurricane Irene.

The basement flooded and we would have been fine if the sump pump had power.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new gas generator - it'll be her on Oct. 31st.

I may have a flooded basement again, but I won't have to throw out $500+ worth of food.

I'm hoping we don't lose power again like we did for a week from Hurricane Irene.

The basement flooded and we would have been fine if the sump pump had power.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new gas generator - it'll be her on Oct. 31st.

I may have a flooded basement again, but I won't have to throw out $500+ worth of food.

Get a hand pump. Give you something to do when the power is out.

I am becoming fearful of Sandy. Possible 8-12 storm surge in LI sounds and NYC. It is setting up to be the worst case scenario. 80 MPH SW gusts driving water into sound, towards city, and building high. They are talking 15-20 foot waves. If I lived in NYC or by beach, I would most definitely get the hell out asap. Hop a plane or train somewhere, drive, whatever, and go someplace nice and try and have fun. We are !@#$ed

Hells Gate is going to be crazy tonight

I am becoming fearful of Sandy. Possible 8-12 storm surge in LI sounds and NYC. It is setting up to be the worst case scenario. 80 MPH SW gusts driving water into sound, towards city, and building high. They are talking 15-20 foot waves. If I lived in NYC or by beach, I would most definitely get the hell out asap. Hop a plane or train somewhere, drive, whatever, and go someplace nice and try and have fun. We are !@#$ed

Better to be safe than sorry. If your on the coast have yourself a vacation.

no need to be fearful...just be smart...too many people act brave during these things...in a showdown with mother nature, she will always win.

No doubt the storm surge and flooding is the biggest risk coming; a two day storm during a full moon...ugh. Good luck to you guys near the shore.

My fear as always is the 50' trees all over my property -- hope they all stay upright again.

Go grab some candy bars and a beer. Youll be alright

Go grab some candy bars and a beer. Youll be alright

Loaded up on chocolate, bourbon,and beer! I am a weather freak that loves storms! I have been through Blizzard 77, Hurricane Irene, Hurricane Gloria, I have seen tornado's, I love it all! But this storm scares the bejesus out of me. Gloria the storm surge was past route 1 and almost to interstate 95, This storm surge is supposed to surpass the 1938 surge(the worst surge for this area on record). Leaves will clog grates, astronomical high tides, and a perfect storm type set up with 90 mph SW winds driving the sound towards NYC. Gloria destroyed south of route 1. And I think NYC will be under water. I hope to God I am wrong