Chip Kelly Head Coach ?

Hater

University of Oregon Head Coach Chip Kelly could be a great choice for Head Coach of the Bills He is 48Yrs old he runs a Spread Offense, Oregon average 467 yards & 38.1 points a game his record is 41-6 in 4 season that included 7-0 this season

If we could Draft Gino Smith & go get a Speed WR & with CJ Spiller the Bills could be Dangerous in Chip Kelly System one of the reason I like him he is not old & not a recycle coach plus he runs the ball he had LeGarrette Blount & LaMichael James

2012 Oregon Team is allowing 20.1 Points that would be #1 in the NFL I know people will say "he is a college coach & that's college not the NFL" but I'd like to take a chance & try something different then bring the same old coaches with old Ideas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree to a certain extent. I'm opposed to a Bill Cowher or Gruden type Head Coach...the game changes every year, there are new little tweaks to every system (defensively and offensive) that these guys haven't had exposure to as a head coach (either in college or the NFL). There are numerous assistant coaches in the NFL that are immersed in the day to day analysis of film, scheming, planning and observation of other teams' defenses/offenses, but choosing a college head coach is acceptable since so many college offenses and defenses are similar to NFL style already. That may be part of what happened to Wanny - he kept a traditional defense in Buffalo and seven games in, he is discovering that the game may have passed him by.

Just say no to college head coaches with no prior NFL coaching experience. It very seldom works out. Mainly because they come into the league with a HUGE credibility issue among the players he's asked to coach. If things don't go well initially, it snowballs, things get worse and he's out of the league.

GO BILLS!!!

leave a program you have brought to national prominence and have huge success with, for probably a PAY CUT to work for a meddling owner and franchise with questions about the future??? yea I can def. see Chip leaving the Pac NW for Buffalo....

Sounds Great! Let's Do It! It's sure to work!!!

Just say no to college head coaches with no prior NFL coaching experience. It very seldom works out. Mainly because they come into the league with a HUGE credibility issue among the players he's asked to coach. If things don't go well initially, it snowballs, things get worse and he's out of the league.

GO BILLS!!!

Yea, because that's what happened with Jimmy Johnson, etc. Kelly has already turned down a NFL offer last year. If he wins the national championship, I see him heading to the NFL. Plus, unlike the current stooge in B-Lo he now knows how to run a defense.

100 million 5 years gets it done for Ralph.

There is little about Oregon's that would translate to the NFL. The latter is a QB driven league and the Oregon offense is not. In fact, Kelly's QBs have been rendered uniquely useless to the NFL and are nonexistent in the league.

Do you actually watch the Ducks?

leave a program you have brought to national prominence and have huge success with, for probably a PAY CUT to work for a meddling owner and franchise with questions about the future??? yea I can def. see Chip leaving the Pac NW for Buffalo....

Can we stop this meddling crap? Ralph is 94 and jsut dropped a billion dollars. How is he meddling? And overall, I find it very interesting. The Bills always seem to be a step behind and high re-treads or boring coordinators. I'd love to see a new face to the league. And given how the spread is used in the league now, Oregon's offense could definitely translate.

Yea, because that's what happened with Jimmy Johnson, etc. Kelly has already turned down a NFL offer last year. If he wins the national championship, I see him heading to the NFL. Plus, unlike the current stooge in B-Lo he now knows how to run a defense.

Yes, whenever they are on national TV. Very entertaining. Where's their under center QBs in the NFL?

Chip Kelly only makes 2.8 Million season with 1.5 million bonus if he wins the Rose Bowl anybody think the Bills can't rake up 4.5 Million to pay Kelly How much do you think it would cost to get Bill Cowher 7 or 8 million a season probably more & how do you know a coach can succeed if not given a opportunity just because other have fail that doesn't mean he will too

Thus my use of the term "seldom."

But to that ETC. you mentioned, I'm all for the extensive list that you must have to prove that Jimmy Johnson is NOT the exception to the rule.

And did I just read correctly that you think RW would need to pay Kelly $20 million per year? If you say so.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I for one like the idea. I'm tired of retread coaches coming here and have to blow things up after 2 or 3 years It seems like we've done the retread coaches thing about 3 times too many!!!...Bring somebody in with some new ideas... By the way anyone said that college head Coaches seldom work ... Can you say HARBAUGH (S)...

Edited by Rob T from OP

If given the opportunity he might turn out to be a great NFL head coach but when you're talking about the Bills bringing in such a candidate for the HC position the arugument is nothing more than hypothetical because it's never going to happen under the current ownership structure. The Bills modus operandi (hope I spelled it right) is to sign up 'B' level head coaches and coordinators for less than average salaries to work in less than optimal working conditions.. There are a many reasons for this, and they've been pretty well discussed elsewhere.

Realistic expectations need to be set or else disappointment is sure to follow. Don't expect the Bills to ever show up at the dance with the prettiest girl in school. It ain't going to happen.

If given the opportunity he might turn out to be a great NFL head coach but when you're talking about the Bills bringing in such a candidate for the HC position the arugument is nothing more than hypothetical because it's never going to happen under the current ownership structure. The Bills modus operandi (hope I spelled it right) is to sign up 'B' level head coaches and coordinators for less than average salaries to work in less than optimal working conditions.. There are a many reasons for this, and they've been pretty well discussed elsewhere.

Realistic expectations need to be set or else disappointment is sure to follow. Don't expect the Bills to ever show up at the dance with the prettiest girl in school. It ain't going to happen.

I agree under present ownership. But if we were lucky enough to get an owner like Terry Pegula, the whole atmosphere would change. I think someone like that could change the entire culture and outside perception of this team. It all comes from the top

Are we still really using this as an excuse? Let's be honest, Ralph isn't doing too much meddling these days.

Edited by stony

I agree under present ownership. But if we were lucky enough to get an owner like Terry Pegula, the whole atmosphere would change. I think someone like that could change the entire culture and outside perception of this team. It all comes from the top

I love the effort T Pegs is putting into the Sabres, but when this lockout ends, the Sabres may end up in bad shape from over-spending...