Chip Kelly Head Coach ?

Hater

Chip Kelly would be a fool to leave NIKE UNIVERSITY...right now. He gets what he wants when he wants it. He's driven and with that alone I can't see him going anywhere until he produces the National Championship for Phil Knight & Oregon and even then I still can't see him leaving.

He was almost to the Buccaneers job last season, he makes 2.8 million a season with 1.3 million bonus if he makes the Rose Bowl or Better you offer him 4.8 to 5 Million a season you might just get him the Buccs only offer 3.2 a season he was ready to sign but changed his mind at the last minute

Lets say Oregon loses a game this season they are out the National Title Game because of strength of schedule so how many time is chip kelly going to be the brides maid if they lose its 4 years straight, at some point you can go only so far, so you move on

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was almost to the Buccaneers job last season, he makes 2.8 million a season with 1.3 million bonus if he makes the Rose Bowl or Better you offer him 4.8 to 5 Million a season you might just get him the Buccs only offer 3.2 a season he was ready to sign but changed his mind at the last minute

Lets say Oregon loses a game this season they are out the National Title Game because of strength of schedule so how many time is chip kelly going to be the brides maid if they lose its 4 years straight, at some point you can go only so far, so you move on

Right now, Kelly is the Belichick of college football, without the cheating. He is everything the Bills organization is not--bold, smart, way ahead of the curve. Unless the Oregon program falls off a cliff, he's going to be offered at least one NFL head coaching job every year. At some point, he will accept and it will be interesting to see how he does. He will go to an organization with a forward-thinking GM who will get him the type of players he wants. In short, there is no way he will go to Buffalo and no way the Bills will pursue him.

I don't think Kelly will try to run a blue-print of the offense he uses at Oregon in the NFL. He's smart enough to know that probably would not work. But whatever system he installs will be fast-paced and will feature a highly mobile QB. I don't know if he'll win any Super Bowls, but it will be exciting to watch.

Right now, Kelly is the Belichick of college football, without the cheating. He is everything the Bills organization is not--bold, smart, way ahead of the curve. Unless the Oregon program falls off a cliff, he's going to be offered at least one NFL head coaching job every year. At some point, he will accept and it will be interesting to see how he does. He will go to an organization with a forward-thinking GM who will get him the type of players he wants. In short, there is no way he will go to Buffalo and no way the Bills will pursue him.

I don't think Kelly will try to run a blue-print of the offense he uses at Oregon in the NFL. He's smart enough to know that probably would not work. But whatever system he installs will be fast-paced and will feature a highly mobile QB. I don't know if he'll win any Super Bowls, but it will be exciting to watch.

He's also going too want more control than current ownership will give him. The turmoil in Buffalo would be a huge negative, the team would need to double any offer he gets. I can't see Kelly in a room with GM Buddy Nix. That would be awkward, too bad the Bills wouldn't even make his top 10 teams he would coach for. Only an absurd offer would catch his interest.

I agree under present ownership. But if we were lucky enough to get an owner like Terry Pegula, the whole atmosphere would change. I think someone like that could change the entire culture and outside perception of this team. It all comes from the top

Nailed it.

I would also love bring in a fresh face with ideas and charisma who is from winning programs.

I'm so sick of retread losers who are just middling enough to hold one low end job after another

The bills entire organization needs a dramatic culture change to get back on track and to re-establish winning

more money in the NFL as a coach is a myth...sometimes you get paid more in the NFL and sometimes you get paid more in college...im guessing Chip would get more money from Oregon than from the Bills (current salaries say Chip makes more than Chan)

Other than wanting to win a national title, I'm guessing money is the reason he said no to Tampa Bay last year. He's pretty comfortable in Oregon. He'd most likely would want to bring some of his assistants who won't work for peanuts either.

The BCS does not have them at #2 correct. The other poll has them at 2. Also google BCS standings and make sense of the rankings. Chris peterson owning the ducks is like saying Gailey owns the pats* based on a win in 2011.

The BCS does have them at 2. And your analogy makes no sense. BB has beaten Chan 4 of 5 times. Kelly has never beaten Peterson.

Wow, Chip Kelly is going to introduce the highly mobile QB to the NFL? He's going to do it with "the type of players he wants"? Well, where are all of Chip Kelly's highly mobile QBs he's coached at Oregon? Not oen has been drafted into the NFL. In fact, where are any of his high flyin' offensive skill players in the NFL (Lamichael James!!)?

Look, every GM and Coach in the NFL has been watching the Oregon Ducks for the past few years and no one has changed their scheme or roster to adapt that style of offense (it's not just "the spread") and only one team has given him a sniff over the past few years despite a ton of HC jobs being available. Tampa Bay may have offered him a job, but they were so desperate that they hired Schiano form the sinking Rutgers (!) program.

Kelly's too smart to jump to the NFL--he knows he can't play his current style against pro level defenses. And he can certainly see what happened to other "innovators" who failed in the NFL (Saban, Spurier). He's afraid his "genius" tag would melt away real quick inthe pros. He's got a great gig in Oregon and few NFL teams would match his salary.

The BCS does have them at 2. And your analogy makes no sense. BB has beaten Chan 4 of 5 times. Kelly has never beaten Peterson.

Wow, Chip Kelly is going to introduce the highly mobile QB to the NFL? He's going to do it with "the type of players he wants"? Well, where are all of Chip Kelly's highly mobile QBs he's coached at Oregon? Not oen has been drafted into the NFL. In fact, where are any of his high flyin' offensive skill players in the NFL (Lamichael James!!)?

Look, every GM and Coach in the NFL has been watching the Oregon Ducks for the past few years and no one has changed their scheme or roster to adapt that style of offense (it's not just "the spread") and only one team has given him a sniff over the past few years despite a ton of HC jobs being available. Tampa Bay may have offered him a job, but they were so desperate that they hired Schiano form the sinking Rutgers (!) program.

Kelly's too smart to jump to the NFL--he knows he can't play his current style against pro level defenses. And he can certainly see what happened to other "innovators" who failed in the NFL (Saban, Spurier). He's afraid his "genius" tag would melt away real quick inthe pros. He's got a great gig in Oregon and few NFL teams would match his salary.

We get it dude, you don't like chip Kelly. Let me guess Marty Ball is more your style?

We get it dude, you don't like chip Kelly. Let me guess Marty Ball is more your style?

No, not really. And I have no animus toward Kelly (I mean, who cares about this guy?)--he's a found a nice niche in college ball (the only place his style will succeed--but never win a championship). I'm pointing out several reasons he is not an NFL coach at the moment.

Pointing toward Kelly and saying "hey, look at his offense in Oregon! Let's bring him to the Bills for some of that" is a poorly reasoned concept, in my opinion.

No, not really. And I have no animus toward Kelly (I mean, who cares about this guy?)--he's a found a nice niche in college ball (the only place his style will succeed--but never win a championship). I'm pointing out several reasons he is not an NFL coach at the moment.

Pointing toward Kelly and saying "hey, look at his offense in Oregon! Let's bring him to the Bills for some of that" is a poorly reasoned concept, in my opinion.

I never claimed his offense is even the reason I'd like him in Buffalo. I'm sure others will be sold on his offense though. One has to wonder what CJ and Fred would do with him coaching? Actually,Kelly's defense has improved a lot since they lost in 2010. I'm personally sick of retreads, and see as much chance of success with him as say a Perry Fewell, or any number of coordinators that are in the league today. In fact Buffalo has had a lot of them fail before our eyes this century alone. There's a number of college coaches who can make the transition. Most successful NFL coaches got their start in college. I could name names but I'm sure you know who they are too.

Watching old farts like Nix, his coaches Gailey, Wanny, get out coached virtually every game shows why they were unemployed when the Bills called them.

as many posters have attempted to point out, ralph may not currently be doing any meddling because hes too busy dieing, but his decision to dictate to Wade Phillips that Rob Johnson would be starting the playoff game instead of season long starter (and winner) Doug Flutie (and thus, lost the team) will continue to weigh on peoples minds...why even take the chance of having something like that happen?

And more importantly, the uncertainty over teams future ownership (that could realistically change at any minute), is a major cause of concern for a college coach looking to make the leap and have his shot at the NFL

retreads will continue

You've got a way with words..

Anyways, I do feel you have some valid points. In the past ralph's involvement has never gone well and that might be what resonates with coaches when they choose a destination. But, I believe since Donahoe hes been more hands off in his approach, with no better results.

• 3 weeks later...

There is little about Oregon's that would translate to the NFL. The latter is a QB driven league and the Oregon offense is not.

In fact, Kelly's QBs have been rendered uniquely useless to the NFL and are nonexistent in the league.

Perfect, Fitz is already there.

he was wanted by teams last year as a HC....soooooo, not really....

Tampa Bay was The Only Team Interested in him but wasn't their first choice but there was no talk this season of him being a Top Candidate until now & I also was speak of Our Forum as far as Kelly that nobody created a thread about him as Bills Coach

I wasn't bragging I am just glad to see what I have seen for 4 years that others are seeing that this guy can coach, We need an Arrogant, Hot Headed Coach, after Marv Levy all our coaches have been soft we need Kelly to whip theses players into a team

:beer:

Exactly, it will soon be 2013, not 1953.

Who cares what his Name is ? That's the Stupidest Excuses Ever