Chip Kelly Head Coach ?

Hater

Lol...keep dreaming...there's no way he'd take the Buffalo job. He's in a great situation at Oregon and Nike will throw whatever money he wants to keep him there. Plus, he's a hot commodity. If he's interested in the NFL, he'll get the best job that's available - and that won't be in Buffalo.

Keep in mind that the only guys who would accept this job in the last decade are the worst kind of retreads. I can't even imagine a guy like Mike Nolan accepting the job at this point. If Ralph is still with us when we reach for Chan's replacement, you're looking at a Marty Morningwheg, Steve Spagnuolo or Norv Turner kind of hire.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their last QB may have had a shot but he left school way too early. At the same time, a more pro ready offense like USC has produced a ton of busts as well.

True about USC, but that is what the league is looking for. Why isn't anyone running an offense like Oregon's in the NFL? And why haven't any of his QBs drawn any interest in the NFL? Or any of his offensive players, for that matter? Only one player (an LB) was drafted in 2011. in 2012, he had a single player (James) drafted before the 6th round.

I love the effort T Pegs is putting into the Sabres, but when this lockout ends, the Sabres may end up in bad shape from over-spending...

TPegs overspending has really made a difference so far to the Sabres.................

No playoffs, and a lockerroom of guys who are overpaid and underachieve.

I'm not sure which team I was actually refering to with that last line................

I don't understand why any successful college coach would give that up to take a shot at the NFL.

I'm thinking ego and even more $$$ for the successful ones. I mentioned earlier Jimmy Johnson is a perfect example.

As for someone else s comments that Chip Kelly's players don't get drafted high or at all. LOL, imagine what the guy would do with the trash drafted in Buffalo? Not that he would ever go to B-Lo, he can choose his job. I like when someone unknowingly looks like a fool when talking about the #2 team in the nation. His newest no name 18 year old QB is undefeated this season.Yea, Kelly sucks so bad he called off the hounds with 8 minutes remaining in the first half last week. The Bills would crap their drawers if Kelly even agreed to fly in for an interview. Rant over!

I'm thinking ego and even more $$$ for the successful ones. I mentioned earlier Jimmy Johnson is a perfect example.

As for someone else s comments that Chip Kelly's players don't get drafted high or at all. LOL, imagine what the guy would do with the trash drafted in Buffalo? Not that he would ever go to B-Lo, he can choose his job. I like when someone unknowingly looks like a fool when talking about the #2 team in the nation. His newest no name 18 year old QB is undefeated this season.Yea, Kelly sucks so bad he called off the hounds with 8 minutes remaining in the first half last week. The Bills would crap their drawers if Kelly even agreed to fly in for an interview. Rant over!

The number 2 team in the country is still Florida.

Why not hire Chris Peterson from Boise st? His offense scores a ton of points and he owns Kelly's Ducks.

The number 2 team in the country is still Florida.

Why not hire Chris Peterson from Boise st? His offense scores a ton of points and he owns Kelly's Ducks.

The BCS does not have them at #2 correct. The other poll has them at 2. Also google BCS standings and make sense of the rankings. Chris peterson owning the ducks is like saying Gailey owns the pats* based on a win in 2011.

Can we stop this meddling crap? Ralph is 94 and jsut dropped a billion dollars. How is he meddling? And overall, I find it very interesting. The Bills always seem to be a step behind and high re-treads or boring coordinators. I'd love to see a new face to the league. And given how the spread is used in the league now, Oregon's offense could definitely translate.

I usually think the whole meddling thing is overblown, but when I heard he prevented us from bringing in MartyBall I was pissed. Marty would have done a MUCH better job than what we've had with Chan, IMO.

Chip Kelly would be a fool to leave NIKE UNIVERSITY...right now. He gets what he wants when he wants it. He's driven and with that alone I can't see him going anywhere until he produces the National Championship for Phil Knight & Oregon and even then I still can't see him leaving.

as many posters have attempted to point out, ralph may not currently be doing any meddling because hes too busy dieing, but his decision to dictate to Wade Phillips that Rob Johnson would be starting the playoff game instead of season long starter (and winner) Doug Flutie (and thus, lost the team) will continue to weigh on peoples minds...why even take the chance of having something like that happen?

And more importantly, the uncertainty over teams future ownership (that could realistically change at any minute), is a major cause of concern for a college coach looking to make the leap and have his shot at the NFL

retreads will continue

Somewhere above this post a reply said that money talks.... If that is true, one can say the Bills speak in the softest of tones; and they will reduce the volume even further given the &100,000,000 fiasco entered into this past off season!

I agree to a certain extent. I'm opposed to a Bill Cowher or Gruden type Head Coach...the game changes every year, there are new little tweaks to every system (defensively and offensive) that these guys haven't had exposure to as a head coach (either in college or the NFL). There are numerous assistant coaches in the NFL that are immersed in the day to day analysis of film, scheming, planning and observation of other teams' defenses/offenses, but choosing a college head coach is acceptable since so many college offenses and defenses are similar to NFL style already. That may be part of what happened to Wanny - he kept a traditional defense in Buffalo and seven games in, he is discovering that the game may have passed him by.

on offense its more the other way around

I recall the Bengals under Sam Wyche ran some no huddle prior to the Bills fine-tuning the approach.

Yeah it was called the Sugar Huddle but it was a Hurry up to catch the Defense off guard like a two minute drill but they never did it on consecutive plays so you really could call it a No Huddle