A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

I hate to burst your bubble but I went back on my tivo six times and it was a clear fumble. It was Buffalo's ball, no question. Gailey blew it. It should have been Bills ball and they could have run the clock. I was irate!!!

It was a fumble, the ball then bounced out and then Gilmore "saved" it. Not a turnover.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to burst your bubble but I went back on my tivo six times and it was a clear fumble. It was Buffalo's ball, no question. Gailey blew it. It should have been Bills ball and they could have run the clock. I was irate!!!

I watched it twice in slow-mo and each time it was obvious that the ball hit the sideline, then bounced up and was then batted back into play by Gillmore. He could have challenged it but he would have lost because there was no clear evidence and it simply would have wasted a time out.

I saw it the same way, I did not see the ball go out of bounce.

Sorry!

But the opinion of someone in New York City doesn't matter to me!

Buffalo/Southern ONT/Rochester/Syracuse/Jamestown. If you're a Bills fan from these areas they your opinion counts because you're in the Bills biggest fan base/regional area.

^ Dumbest post ever. Can we put this in a sticky as a reference point for stupidty? :wacko:

I watched it twice in slow-mo and each time it was obvious that the ball hit the sideline, then bounced up and was then batted back into play by Gillmore. He could have challenged it but he would have lost because there was no clear evidence and it simply would have wasted a time out.

wouldnot have wasted a time out since we went to dressing room at end of game with a time out

11) I know that it will sound like b.s., 20-20 hindsight, etc., but I was screaming to go for 2. You see, I know this team.

I 100% agree with this and I was thinking the same thing. I was also upset when they decided to kick the first field goal when we were down 21-14. I think that was a 4th and 2 situation, and given how utterly miserable their defense was and how the game was shaping up to be a shoot out, going for it seemed like the right thing to do.

Your opinion on this doesn't matter because you live in St. Louis. :D

Oh. That rights. Thanks for helping me. :D

Well back to Bill in NYC --- Good comments once again Bill. From now on you should change your name to "Giant from NYC" or "Jet from NYC" because someone living in NYC should not be named Bill.

And btw, Mario Williams was also a non-factor. Sad indeed.

He was indeed. And you're spot on with Wilson. Slow, both mentally and phyically. While you're right on Rogers' coverage skills, I have no effing clue what Wilson was staring at on the final TD.

And btw, Mario Williams was also a non-factor. Sad indeed.

Mario Williams is hurt. He is playing with one arm and not able to use the other arm/hand to grab and throw. I was closely following him. He was a non-factor. If Anderson was playing he would be playing more instead of the impaired Williams. One player I am very disappointed in is Marcel Dareus. In this game he was just another non impact average player.

As you noted along with many other Fitz is a very limited qb. But the way he played today is the way he should be used all the time. In my view Gailey maximized his limited abilities and minimized his limitations. The run game was stressed and very effective. The passing game was short and simple. There is nothing more you can expect from him.

I entered the season with an expectation that our defense, especially our DL, would be not only good but would have a high ranking in the league. I'm stunned by how porous our defense is. In every game we have played there are countless times when there are open spaces for the opposition players to run amok. It's embarrassing and somewhat weird.

In this game and others one can go back and talk about particular plays and lost opportunities. I'm not going to sing that maudlin song. The Bills are what they are. They have major liabilities that are being explointed by everyone we play. To be polite we are average and are sinking. There are legitimate complaints about the coaching staff, especially on defense. But the truth of the matter is our major problems relate to the talent level on this team. We are simply deficient.

Edited by JohnC

Bill I know you think that one returned kickoff for a td will shut us Brad Smith detractors up, but it won't. How did that wild cat work today again? I must have missed its effectiveness for the 7th straight week. Nothing he did today won us a football game. Got tackled short of a first down on his only catch. That was effective for sure. I do agree with you that Hairston looked bad, but I think Pears is playing even worse. It sucks that i'm longing for our rookie tackle to be back on the field. Aaron Williams didn't look horrible today, but George Wilson picked up where he left off. I'm not going to crucify him for dropping the int, because he obviously wasn't looking at the ball, he was looking to make a tackle. The only lb that looked any good was the one we converted from a frigging safety. Barnett shot the wrong gap multiple times and especially on the cj 80 yarder. Who is to blame for our D looking so bad? I need answers.

The fumble that happened on the sideline and the fact that Gailey wouldn't go for two on either of the oppurtunities that he had is very telling on where we are at with our coaching. I really liked Chan last year but he has done a masterful job at destroying my, and i'm sure the teams, confidence in his ability.

Here we are again. We let these guys blow it up and build to their plan, we were patient and gave them a chance, let them proclaim fitz is their guy, and even got excited about betting the farm on Mario. They got to bring in their free agents, draft their guys....

Now the resounding consensus is coming back to hitting reset...... Again...... For the 4th or 5th time since the bills were actually good and a joy to watch. Sux... But that's the way it is. Bills nation should know better than to entrust their collectivly massive, bleeding, diehard fanhood with these Scrubs.

They need a leader. A Brady or a manning or a Kelly. Someone who wants to win so badly it enrages them to lose. Someone who will never be satisfied until they are the best someone who forces the team to over archive, execute and need to win.

They haven't had it in years. They are "just doing their job". That's it and that's all you get for beings bills fans.

Its always hard to be a Bills fan.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

If you're in NYC or FL or CA, etc, then you're not feeling these losses like we do up here in CNY/WNY. Was the Bills game even on broadcast television in NYC? It was here in Syracuse - it always is!

I'm from Buffalo and had tickets from the '60s up until 2001. I live in Delaware now. Are you saying I'm not affected by this team as much as you are? And asking if the game was televised in NYC...have you ever heard of DirecTV Sunday Ticket?