A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry!

But the opinion of someone in New York City doesn't matter to me!

Buffalo/Southern ONT/Rochester/Syracuse/Jamestown. If you're a Bills fan from these areas they your opinion counts because you're in the Bills biggest fan base/regional area.

Sorry!

But the opinion of someone in New York City doesn't matter to me!

Buffalo/Southern ONT/Rochester/Syracuse/Jamestown. If you're a Bills fan from these areas they your opinion counts because you're in the Bills biggest fan base/regional area.

I disagree with this comment for several reason, but I can understand the frustation as well.

Bill from NYC is surrounded by fans of the Giants, Jets, Patriots, Eagles and Ravens, just to name teams that are closer in proximity than Buffalo. All of those teams have enjoyed playoff seasons in recent years. To go out with a Bills hat or jacket on would make you an easy target for hecklers. So kudos for Bill from NYC for keeping his fanhood alive in an area that would offer many temptations to jump ship and root for some other team. :beer:

However, I must also state that since I live near Utica, which should be Bills territory, I can understand that a Bills loss leaves you open for abuse, especially by the Giants bandwagon fans. A good day is when the Bills win and the Giants lose, but that doesn't happen too often. At work, people don't greet my by saying "Hi" but instead they greet my by saying "The Bills Suck." I know that they are just kidding, and many of them actually wish the Bills would win more often, but they enjoy teasing me about my team. My favorite reply from March through October is to say "The Bills are going to win the Superbowl!" and then from November through February, I say "Wait until Next Year!" It's all in good fun, but it gets a little old. Especially after 12 years. In no way do I condone any abuse or personal attacks on this message board (or anywhere else for that matter) but I do understand that people get frustrated knowing that their friends and coworkers are going to start with the heckling every time the Bills lose. I'm sure I'm not the only one.