A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

If you're in NYC or FL or CA, etc, then you're not feeling these losses like we do up here in CNY/WNY. Was the Bills game even on broadcast television in NYC? It was here in Syracuse - it always is!

:lol:

Awesome trolling.....trot out the "it hurts more here" act and then tell us that you are in......Syracuse?!?!?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry!

But the opinion of someone in New York City doesn't matter to me!

Buffalo/Southern ONT/Rochester/Syracuse/Jamestown. If you're a Bills fan from these areas they your opinion counts because you're in the Bills biggest fan base/regional area.

Oh, so where people live is your measure of Bills fan-relevance? Not the fact that they're Bills fans and THAT 'S the comonality. So to you Pearl, because they're not from this little region of the world that you specified, they're insights & thoughts they'd like to share means nothing. Sounds like cry-baby sour grapes to me.

1) The fumble did bounce out of bounds. It was quite clear.

2) No mention of the last Bills play? 4th and 2, one timeout left, a solid running game, one of the least accurate passers in the game today and Gailey calls a 20 yard pass? I was wondering if Fitz would hand it off or run it himself and I was speechless as the play unfolded.

Sounds like cry-baby sour grapes to me.

I consider Syracuse as the front lines of the Buffalo Bills fan base. My family, friends, neighbors, coworkers are all Bills fans and it's hard losing games like this. We all feel it.

I'm really not interested in the detailed analysis of fans in NYC, ST Louis, Texas or the dark side of the moon. Is your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers Bills fans, too? Likely the answer is NO, so your life after horrible losses like games we had today is:

1. Contained

2. Minimal.

I get that sense reading your posts. You all seem detached.

Make sense?

The fumble bounced out before Gilmore saved it. But I agree with everything else. Sad day for us.

I think the fumble stayed in, but it was so close I don't believe replay would have overturned it.

On another note; Waaannny sucks, and run the damm ball on third and short.

Oh. That rights. Thanks for helping me.

Well back to Bill in NYC --- Good comments once again Bill. From now on you should change your name to "Giant from NYC" or "Jet from NYC" because someone living in NYC should not be named Bill.

Neither Giant nor Jet are from NYC anymore...

I consider Syracuse as the front lines of the Buffalo Bills fan base. My family, friends, neighbors, coworkers are all Bills fans and it's hard losing games like this. We all feel it.

I'm really not interested in the detailed analysis of fans in NYC, ST Louis, Texas or the dark side of the moon. Is your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers Bills fans, too? Likely the answer is NO, so your life after horrible losses like games we had today is:

1. Contained

2. Minimal.

Make sense?

Then !@#$ off and don't read it then.

Sorry!

Buffalo/Southern ONT/Rochester/Syracuse/Jamestown. If you're a Bills fan from these areas they your opinion counts because you're in the Bills biggest fan base/regional area.

Your light is almost as dim as Wannstedt's.

I also think Smith is an asset. I am not fond of the wildcat but I still think he can be used to an advantage.

After 50 years, I have come to expect what happened today. But going into the season I could only think I was going to be really excited about watching the Bills when they went on D. I can honestly say, in those 50 years, I can't remember watching a D that was worse. The talent the Cowboys had on D in the early 90's must have truly been amazing, considering who their DC was. Maybe the other D coaches made up for it.

Wade, I really miss you.

make no mistake, Jimmy Johnson ran the D in Dallas and Miami

Wanstash is a glorified LB coach - which is why that is the weakest area on the team

2) No mention of the last Bills play? 4th and 2, one timeout left, a solid running game, one of the least accurate passers in the game today and Gailey calls a 20 yard pass? I was wondering if Fitz would hand it off or run it himself and I was speechless as the play unfolded.

Not to mention the sideline pass call that led to the INT. I was actually happy with Gailey's offensive game plan, and then they just crap the bed. Why suddenly abandon what is working, and go to Fitz's most glaring weakness on a crucial first down?

Sorry!

You are an idiot and an ass.

In this game and others one can go back and talk about particular plays and lost opportunities. I'm not going to sing that maudlin song. The Bills are what they are. They have major liabilities that are being explointed by everyone we play. To be polite we are average and are sinking. There are legitimate complaints about the coaching staff, especially on defense. But the truth of the matter is our major problems relate to the talent level on this team. We are simply deficient.

I disagree. The Bills have enough talent on Defense. They're just being coached entirely wrong.

No team has probowlers at every position. It's an unrealistic expectation that too many people have. We have M. Williams, who nay be underperforming, but he was the #1 FA because everyone knows he has talent. K. Williams has plenty of talent. Darius was the #3 pick and Anderson had 10sacks just last year when properly coached in NE. We have a top pick in Gilmore and Byrd has plenty of talent, and a defensive player of the week award to verify it. Barnett, although not Ray Lewis, is a capably talented LB.

Those players are more than enough to be the core of a competent defense. Yet, week in and week out, the defense looks lost, confused and uninspired. That's coaching. Plain and simple.

Another great post Bill.

I'm sick and tired of watching Stache call the same play.....EVERY PLAY!!!! EVERY PLAY IS THE SAME. Four man rush. 7 others playing off coverage. Oh wait, there were a few plays in which we rushed THREE guys on 3rd down.

Fitz played a good game. Then reality set in.

Fred and CJ are amazing. Thank god for them. If they weren't on the team, I don't think I would watch any more games this season. The coaching makes me sick to my stomach. They are a disgrace to our city.

Not challenging the fumble may have been the final straw for Chan as HC. Thanks for nothing.

I hate to burst your bubble but I went back on my tivo six times and it was a clear fumble. It was Buffalo's ball, no question. Gailey blew it. It should have been Bills ball and they could have run the clock. I was irate!!!

exactly!! I saw the same thing. He should have challenged the call. He's a lame!!

1. Contained

2. Minimal.

Make sense?

No -- it does not make sense.

I'll humor for a minute. I grew up in Buffalo and went to college in Rochester. Graduated in 1981 (Chick Knox era) and knew many fine people from the Syracuse area while at RIT. The overwhelming majority of them were Giants fans and could care less for the Bills or the AFL/AFC. For that matter, most did not really follow pro football very much. Fast forward 3 decades and things have changed. Since the Super Bowl years lots of "die hard Syracuse fans" such as you, your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers have emerged to join Bils Nation. My allegiance goes back much further.

I fly back to Buffalo and attend two games a year. I have a huge family still in the area. I sit in a Bills Backer bar with 30 to 40 other devout Buffalo expatriots and we watch the game every Sunday at this new invention called a "Sports Bar". Sorry if that does not meet your standards.

You can go back to you misery now and rest assured that you feel more pain than the rest of us.

This might just be me, but this feels like the worst Bills team we have seen since 1999. I know we have some talent, and that we should be better than the teams of recent memory, but I watch them and just have no confidence.

As always, thanks Bill for your thoughts, in no particular order. Sanity in an insane world/

we still put up 34 points! our defense is just painful to watch.