Wheres all the Mario talk???!?!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that you, and the rest of the negative nancy's on the board, won't have to be "let known" and that you'll likely be singing the praises of the D by that time. Until then, I'll take it one game at a time and recognize those who had a great game. Enjoy the rest of the season!

if he had only one bad game then we wouldn't be down on him but getting excited about one good game isn't anything to brag about.

Mario Williams has now played 3 games on grass and has 3.5 sacks. In 3 games on turf 0 sacks. I am going to be harping on this all year and the reason why we should go to grass at the Ralph. Tom Brady also is a career 60% winning percentage on the road on grass and wins 77% of the time on turf.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see much talk about the game Mario had. He was disruptive as heck yesterday. Yes, he got 2 sacks, but he was in the backfield constantly yesterday. I remember listening to the John Murhpy show last week, or the week prior, and he had a guest come on saying that Mario was just a sacker and would not really get pressures. Well last night, he got pressures and caused some errant throws. I was impressed, albeit against a pourous line, its still an NFL line. He seemed to be playing with urgency, along with Kyle Williams of whom we've come to expect these types of games. Marcel was in the backfield more often too.

I also would like to shout out to our first round pick, Gilmore, he played a heck of a game IMO.

Go Bills!!!

Poor little guy! You must be on the wrong website...we only bash our team here (sarcasm!!!)

Don't get me wrong, I just called out Fitz on another post, But I am glad there are still some "fans" around here. Mario is a beast and always has been, so is Kyle, Marcell, and even Kelsay yesturday. I am convinced Dave Wannasomething, for whatever reason, has been instructing the front line not to do what they do best (get at the qb), but to rather "hold the line" and sack the qb if he is close enough. I think yesturday they were told to get kolb period. this over-penetration at times is what opened the lanes for kolb to run free, but overall was what led to more sacks. Nice Post!

kyle moore looks like a guy who can start getting more and more time. he looked really good!

So Mario Williams plays good and it is because he played a bad D line. Kyle Moore plays good and deserves to move up the depth chart?

I am a fan of Kyle Moore, but the double standard here is unreal.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see much talk about the game Mario had. He was disruptive as heck yesterday. Yes, he got 2 sacks, but he was in the backfield constantly yesterday. I remember listening to the John Murhpy show last week, or the week prior, and he had a guest come on saying that Mario was just a sacker and would not really get pressures. Well last night, he got pressures and caused some errant throws. I was impressed, albeit against a pourous line, its still an NFL line. He seemed to be playing with urgency, along with Kyle Williams of whom we've come to expect these types of games. Marcel was in the backfield more often too.

I also would like to shout out to our first round pick, Gilmore, he played a heck of a game IMO.

Go Bills!!!

Mario was up against the worst RT in football.. just saying..

You and about 12324 other posters on this thread. It was not about that, just giving him some props for the game. He was supposed to dominate others in the past and got manhandled. Not this time...

Yet Kyle Moore who went up against the same o line had 0 sacks is getting praised for a great game. Double standard. Just saying.

It's getting to the point where people are justing ripiing him to rip him. How about hey lets hope they build on this.

That would bee to easy for all teh negative Nancies. Always have to find a negative seem in a positive light.

Edited by CountDorkula

if he had only one bad game then we wouldn't be down on him but getting excited about one good game isn't anything to brag about.

If he were a rookie or even a one year womder instead of a very well established vet I'd agree more.

As it stands I still buy the last 6 years over the first month of this year.

All that said he couldn't possibly live up to some posters expectations

Edited by NoSaint

He played well but he did it against the worst pass protecting O-line in football.

Lets see if he will have games like this when they count MOST - against the Patriots, Jets and even Miami. I have a feeling the vanishing act will return soon.

There was one play yesterday where Arizona's TE (King) blocked Mari0 1 on 1 and kept him far from the QB....

I'm not convinced he's worthy after one "good" game against a team with a BAD pass protecting line.

He played well but he did it against the worst pass protecting O-line in football.

Lets see if he will have games like this when they count MOST - against the Patriots, Jets and even Miami. I have a feeling the vanishing act will return soon.

There was one play yesterday where Arizona's TE (King) blocked Mari0 1 on 1 and kept him far from the QB....

I'm not convinced he's worthy after one "good" game against a team with a BAD pass protecting line.

Can people please read through the darn thread before posting this over and over? I understand, I've given my statement "I am only talking about the last game, give him props, I'm not annointing him the greatest player of all time" Thanks.

Most posters on this board will never be happy. He had a 2 sack game and with multiple pressures, was double teamed and chipped constantly and had many times he had the QB in the grasp and rushed.

Not good enough for the very intelligent posters on this board. Give the guy props, he had a great game. Hopefully he can continue to do it.

When Julius Peppers signed with Chicago it took him 8 games to get a couple of sacks. It took Mario one game last Sunday......let's relax. Peppers has done pretty darn well for Chicago.

It takes some time to acclimate to a new place, new teammates and new system. Give it a chance people

Most posters on this board will never be happy. He had a 2 sack game and with multiple pressures, was double teamed and chipped constantly and had many times he had the QB in the grasp and rushed.

Not good enough for the very intelligent posters on this board. Give the guy props, he had a great game. Hopefully he can continue to do it.

When Julius Peppers signed with Chicago it took him 8 games to get a couple of sacks. It took Mario one game last Sunday......let's relax. Peppers has done pretty darn well for Chicago.

It takes some time to acclimate to a new place, new teammates and new system. Give it a chance people

Agree on all points.

Mario Williams has now played 3 games on grass and has 3.5 sacks. In 3 games on turf 0 sacks. I am going to be harping on this all year and the reason why we should go to grass at the Ralph. Tom Brady also is a career 60% winning percentage on the road on grass and wins 77% of the time on turf.

FWIW Cinderella Brady and the Putrids are about to turn back into a maid and pumpkin. Leave the turf as it is.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Can people please read through the darn thread before posting this over and over? I understand, I've given my statement "I am only talking about the last game, give him props, I'm not annointing him the greatest player of all time" Thanks.

No, unfortunately many people here do not bother reading through a topic before posting. Kind of a reflection on our society that people react without reading things through. You'd best get used to it.

I somewhat understand when people don't bother reading through a topic with lots of replies but you'll also see people not reading through a very short topic and then repeating things that have already been written AND responded to.

It'll be like someone posts "I can't remember who the Bills Coach was before Dick Jauron" and then you'll get "Mike Mularkey" "Mike Mularkey" Mike Mularkey" Mike Mularkey" etc. by about five different posters.

One of the posters at the tailgate who mostly lurks here was mentioning this unfortunate behavior.

No, unfortunately many people here do not bother reading through a topic before posting. Kind of a reflection on our society that people react without reading things through. You'd best get used to it.

I somewhat understand when people don't bother reading through a topic with lots of replies but you'll also see people not reading through a very short topic and then repeating things that have already been written AND responded to.

It'll be like someone posts "I can't remember who the Bills Coach was before Dick Jauron" and then you'll get "Mike Mularkey" "Mike Mularkey" Mike Mularkey" Mike Mularkey" etc. by about five different posters.

One of the posters at the tailgate who mostly lurks here was mentioning this unfortunate behavior.

ADD generation I guess lol