Wheres all the Mario talk???!?!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about the idea that teams can continue to get better throughout the year. Any thought to that? Teams get hot and rattle of W's in a row, but I supposed the Bils would NEVER be able to do that. Why can't this be a starting point?

I bet I know how you're going to respond. It'll be interesting to see if I'm right...

Great, if that happens then have fun with your "where are the Haters" thread then. Not after one game.

We had a "where is everyone who said we'd miss Pat Williams" thread after one game against Houston's terrible offense in 2005. Then the Bucs in week 2 and every decent team thereafter ran down our throats the rest of the year while fat Pat & his Vikings stuffed every running game for the next five years.

This is just one example but there have been a lot of these pointless threads in the last 10 years. Just don't be that guy.

Great, if that happens then have fun with your "where are the Haters" thread then. Not after one game.

We had a "where is everyone who said we'd miss Pat Williams" thread after one game against Houston's terrible offense in 2005. Then the Bucs in week 2 and every decent team thereafter ran down our throats the rest of the year while fat Pat & his Vikings stuffed every running game for the next five years.

This is just one example but there have been a lot of these pointless threads in the last 10 years. Just don't be that guy.

How many times do I have to say, I am not saying he's a world beater, I'm not saying anything earth shattering. All I'm saying is that Mario showed up and give him props for it. My goodness, why is this so hard to understand? Wow! I'm not trying to rub anything in any's face, I'm not trying to prove the "haters" wrong, I'm just trying to give credit where credit is due. Just give credit for the last game played. I am well aware there are many games left. Did I make any predictions? No, I'm merely trying to say, good job Mario, you had a good disruptive game. That's it and thats all. Can you understand or no?

His wrist must have miraculously healed against inferior talent....

What the HECK is Mario talking about with this quote??

Williams may have had his best game of the season with three tackles, including his two sacks, and three quarterback hits.

“I saw a lot of double teams that I didn’t see in a few of those games, and I really didn’t expect it,” said Williams. “I thought I was going to be more isolated. But they double-teamed, with tight ends and running backs on my side, probably due to those last few games facing those defensive ends. At the end of the day, you just got to go after it and make it happen. It’s not a given that someone’s going to go out there and fall over.”

PLEASE STOP talking about...double teams, hands to the face and your baby wrist. This is the NFL and your making a couple dollars playing a kids...err Man's Game!!

Edited by Cville Bills

Williams may have had his best game of the season with three tackles, including his two sacks, and three quarterback hits.

“I saw a lot of double teams that I didn’t see in a few of those games, and I really didn’t expect it,” said Williams. “I thought I was going to be more isolated. But they double-teamed, with tight ends and running backs on my side, probably due to those last few games facing those defensive ends. At the end of the day, you just got to go after it and make it happen. It’s not a given that someone’s going to go out there and fall over.”

PLEASE STOP talking about...double teams, hands to the face and your baby wrist. This is the NFL and your making a couple dollars playing a kids...err Man's Game!!

He's not making excuses. He's just telling us what happened in this game. Film on the Cards showed little to no double-teams on DEs. Yesterday, they double-teamed him. Didnt matter because he still produced. As he said "At the end of the day, you just got to go after it and make it happen. It’s not a given that someone’s going to go out there and fall over." He's doing exactly what you want him to do and saying there are no excuses, you have to go do it. Why u mad, bro?

I don't quite get what you're saying here. Are you saying we say "its not his fault" he stole the money, or its not his "fault" he had a good game, or am I completely missing the point. Either way, if you're trying to dig at me, I haven't talked about Mario on this board until this thread. My first thread on this board BTW. I think its gone pretty well. :flirt:

I wasent directing it at you, but my point is Mario at this point is damned if he does, and damned if he dosent. So let's just see if he improves on this game.

He was supposed to manhandle his opponent in all six games this year. That's what $100 million pays for.

1 out of every 6 games is just not going to cut it.

well, by that standard he can now NEVER live up to the expectation since he will never be able to re-do those games.

he had a good week. hopefully he builds on this. thats all.

Kelsay had a better game than him.

That should tell you something.

I have to disagree there. Kelsay didn't play very well most of the game. He lost outside containment numerous times and both Kolb and their RB ripped nice runs as a result.

Mario Williams has been playing the run solidly all season. And he did yesterday as well.

GO BILLS!!!!

Mario Was double Teamed a lot yesterday. TE helping to block, Chipping RB's and WR's. I saw it on every drive they had. Mario should have had 6-7 sacks yesterday. drew 2-3 holding calls where he was tackled from behind after clearly beating the isolated tackle. A what would have been hoarse collar where he had to let go, A missed intentional grounding call.

You would think Gailey/Wanstache would have put a Spy LB after Kolb kept running, but thats too much to ask.

The guy had a great game. Why cant we just be happy about that.

It seems everytime someone compliments a guy there are people just wating at teh gates to rip them apart. It's unreal at times.

His wrist is certainly wrapped up big time.

I put the disclaimer "albeit against a pourous line", so lets try and get past that and try and see his quality play. This could be a turn around game for him, but he was dominant. He was less than dominant against other back up OTs. This is a good sign.

On another note, I was digging that creep defense...a nice little wrinkle, much needed wrinkle.

Unfortunately that is the problem. Against good competition, he has been practically non existent. So I am not going to come on here and sing his praises for a great game against arguably the worst offensive line in football. Yes, he had a great game, he was extremely disruptive (as was Kyle Williams IMO and he was getting held on almost every play) but when it is all said and done, he is going to need to do it consistently and against better competition before people around here care very much.

Unfortunately that is the problem. Against good competition, he has been practically non existent. So I am not going to come on here and sing his praises for a great game against arguably the worst offensive line in football. Yes, he had a great game, he was extremely disruptive (as was Kyle Williams IMO and he was getting held on almost every play) but when it is all said and done, he is going to need to do it consistently and against better competition before people around here care very much.

Dude played an outstanding game and was a big reason for a road win against a quality opponent that stopped the bleeding after back to back losses and helped save the season.

Yeah, let's not give him due credit for that. Why do Bills' fans compliments always have to have the word "but" after them?

I'm not going to continue to answer the same responses. If you read through the thread, you'll see what my answer to this same question is. That said, I think we're also seeing the D come together. What's happened in the past has happened in the past, this is a game to build on and move forward with. Lets see if he can do it next time around against the Pats in a few weeks, as the D has been able to gel some more. Teams can get better as seasons continue, its not unheard of.

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see much talk about the game Mario had. He was disruptive as heck yesterday. Yes, he got 2 sacks, but he was in the backfield constantly yesterday. I remember listening to the John Murhpy show last week, or the week prior, and he had a guest come on saying that Mario was just a sacker and would not really get pressures. Well last night, he got pressures and caused some errant throws. I was impressed, albeit against a pourous line, its still an NFL line. He seemed to be playing with urgency, along with Kyle Williams of whom we've come to expect these types of games. Marcel was in the backfield more often too.

I also would like to shout out to our first round pick, Gilmore, he played a heck of a game IMO.

Go Bills!!!

No offense but this is why football fans are so dumb. Mario could have 5 great games in a row but when he has a bad one he sucks and vice versa if he has 5 bad games then one good one he's DOMINANT...

Reality is this,

I'm smarter then all of you ;)

No offense but this is why football fans are so dumb. Mario could have 5 great games in a row but when he has a bad one he sucks and vice versa if he has 5 bad games then one good one he's DOMINANT...

Reality is this,

You're not smarter than all of us, I said he was dominant in this particular game, not all season, and I didn't proclaim that he was going to be dominant during the rest of the season.

Who's smarter now? :nana:

Apparently you do so how about a ham sandwich?

The girl in my avatar took mine...

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see much talk about the game Mario had. He was disruptive as heck yesterday. Yes, he got 2 sacks, but he was in the backfield constantly yesterday. I remember listening to the John Murhpy show last week, or the week prior, and he had a guest come on saying that Mario was just a sacker and would not really get pressures. Well last night, he got pressures and caused some errant throws. I was impressed, albeit against a pourous line, its still an NFL line. He seemed to be playing with urgency, along with Kyle Williams of whom we've come to expect these types of games. Marcel was in the backfield more often too.

I also would like to shout out to our first round pick, Gilmore, he played a heck of a game IMO.

Go Bills!!!

let me know when it's a trend.

let me know when it's a trend.

My guess is that you, and the rest of the negative nancy's on the board, won't have to be "let known" and that you'll likely be singing the praises of the D by that time. Until then, I'll take it one game at a time and recognize those who had a great game. Enjoy the rest of the season!

Reality is this,

i don't think you read his post. He said Mario had a good game. Not that he was a dominant force all year. Can a man have a good game without all the hate? Not on TBD!!!