Wheres all the Mario talk???!?!

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see much talk about the game Mario had. He was disruptive as heck yesterday. Yes, he got 2 sacks, but he was in the backfield constantly yesterday. I remember listening to the John Murhpy show last week, or the week prior, and he had a guest come on saying that Mario was just a sacker and would not really get pressures. Well last night, he got pressures and caused some errant throws. I was impressed, albeit against a pourous line, its still an NFL line. He seemed to be playing with urgency, along with Kyle Williams of whom we've come to expect these types of games. Marcel was in the backfield more often too.

I also would like to shout out to our first round pick, Gilmore, he played a heck of a game IMO.

Go Bills!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see much talk about the game Mario had. He was disruptive as heck yesterday. Yes, he got 2 sacks, but he was in the backfield constantly yesterday. I remember listening to the John Murhpy show last week, or the week prior, and he had a guest come on saying that Mario was just a sacker and would not really get pressures. Well last night, he got pressures and caused some errant throws. I was impressed, albeit against a pourous line, its still an NFL line. He seemed to be playing with urgency, along with Kyle Williams of whom we've come to expect these types of games. Marcel was in the backfield more often too.

I also would like to shout out to our first round pick, Gilmore, he played a heck of a game IMO.

Go Bills!!!

His wrist must have miraculously healed against inferior talent....

His wrist must have miraculously healed against inferior talent....

His wrist is certainly wrapped up big time.

I put the disclaimer "albeit against a pourous line", so lets try and get past that and try and see his quality play. This could be a turn around game for him, but he was dominant. He was less than dominant against other back up OTs. This is a good sign.

On another note, I was digging that creep defense...a nice little wrinkle, much needed wrinkle.

Kelsay had a better game than him.

That should tell you something.

I disagree, but you can have your opinion. I say they were both very disruptive, but Kelsay is not getting double and triple teams. In the past few games maybe Mario was not getting double and tripled as much, but in this game he was.

Good game. I dont care how the other teams' o-line is. You still have to get the job done.

My point exactly my man...

I disagree, but you can have your opinion. I say they were both very disruptive, but Kelsay is not getting double and triple teams. In the past few games maybe Mario was not getting double and tripled as much, but in this game he was.

They both had strong games, but against THE WORST tackles in the league. I'm not going to sing his praises until Mario plays this way against strong offensive lines. He hasn't been worth the hype and the paycheck so far. My hope is, though, that this game boosts his confidence (if that was an issue).

short term : he looked dominant, had his best game.

mid term: did it against the worst OT's in the league and his previous performances were below average.

long term: i have every confidence he will be a highly productive player, but..... never live up to his contract.

Mario did what he got hired to do. Good to see him disrupting and giving the other team fits (no pun intended). People forget he missed 11 games last year and is playing in a new defense. I think he is getting his mojo back. I'll give him a ham sammy for the effort.

Also, I really like the Gimore kid. He leaves it all on the field. There was a point in the 4th quarter when a coach had to pull him off the field for a play or two. I don't know if he got his bell rung or what. One thing I worry about is him getting his eggs scrambled too often.

Edited by bmur66

Yes, Mario played well.

Now, let's see him play well against a line that doesn't have the 2 worst tackles in the league.

Yes, he was facing the worst tackles in the history of the National Football League, without a doubt.

and Kelsay is the worst player the Bills have ever had, right, so that makes Mario Williams the worst of the worst of the worst?

Listening to WGR radio and can't believe the negativity from the fans. Enjoy the win, joyless fans. They don't come too often.

oh and p.s., Mario Williams was DOMINANT yesterday, get over it, children. Root really hard and he might fail again next week for your pleasure...

Yes, he was facing the worst tackles in the history of the National Football League, without a doubt.

and Kelsay is the worst player the Bills have ever had, right, so that makes Mario Williams the worst of the worst of the worst?

Listening to WGR radio and can't believe the negativity from the fans. Enjoy the win, joyless fans. They don't come too often.

oh and p.s., Mario Williams was DOMINANT yesterday, get over it, children. Root really hard and he might fail again next week for your pleasure...

Actually, I think Kelsay is a solid player.

Mario is supposed to be a GREAT player. Mario is playing like a solid starter right now, who looked great against a bad tackle. Kelsay, also looked great against a bad tackle.

I do enjoy the win, but I'm not going to get drunk on kool-aid.

Go Bills!!!

Agreed on both accounts...let's see if they can carry this forward.

Strongly disagree...Mario was all over the place yesterday.

Kelsay did play well though.

I saw kelsay getting double teamed on a few plays, believe it or not. And kellen moore looked really solid too. While there was constant pressure all day, kolb really hung his oline out to dry, hanging onto the ball too long, getting happy feet when the protection was there, etc. He looked like JP Losman out there.

Like maybe Kelsay shouldn't have been delegated to second string?

Mario Williams had 3 "solo tackles" (3 QB hits) and two sacks for the Bills, Kelsay had 6 "solo tackles" and 1 sack for a Safety (1 QB hit).

There should be a stat for plays when a guy gets double teamed