Wheres all the Mario talk???!?!

Actually, I think Kelsay is a solid player.

Mario is supposed to be a GREAT player. Mario is playing like a solid starter right now, who looked great against a bad tackle. Kelsay, also looked great against a bad tackle.

I do enjoy the win, but I'm not going to get drunk on kool-aid.

There's no kool-aid drinking here, I'm just pointing out a solid game and I said I know its against a bad OL. Let me ask you this, how many of you thought he was going to manhandle that Jet's OL and he didnt? So he was supposed to but he didnt in that game, he was supposed to and was dominant in this game. I think that marks good progress...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, it's OK to give the guy some credit, he played very hard, and maybe kelsay is better than Mark Anderson too, but try to be happy around here about a player people decide to scapegoat on this board, and you'll get criticized.

More people around here that call themselves fans seem to thrive on the negative than those who try to see the positives out of a game, masked by the attitude that they don't drink the coolaid. Blah, blah, blah, whoopie, they hate everything about the team till they win a superbowl, welcome to TSW, but I am glad to see you found something good out of yesterday's game as I did.

The game was ugly at times, but they played hard, played as a team, and I give them credit for not folding after 2 of the worst weeks of football I have ever witnessed.

I would also like to point out Mario could very well have had 4 sacks when all was said and done, but he held up on one sack because it was going to be a horsecollar (smart play by him) and then there was an obvious intentional grounding call that the officials said was not. Regardless, good game, not calling him a world beater yet, just a pat on the back.

I'll be happier when we play competitively against AFC East opponents, and earn a spot in the playoffs. I don't expect a superbowl. In fact, hell, if we finish with a winning record (some how), I'll be thankful.

But we still have so much work to do.

I'll be happier when we play competitively against AFC East opponents, and earn a spot in the playoffs. I don't expect a superbowl. In fact, hell, if we finish with a winning record (some how), I'll be thankful.

But we still have so much work to do.

Nobody is arguing that.

Fairly or unfairly he is expected to destroy a terrible OL.

Ding ding ding.

I'm not saying he had a bad game. I'm just saying it was expected of him, and that others who aren't seen as the savior of this organization played just as well.

His wrist must have miraculously healed against inferior talent....

Actually it looked like he was in pain much of the game, I saw get up slow holding the wrist several times. But he needed to dominate a weak offensive tackle and he was double teamed by the FB and RB most of the game. Great game for Mario regardless of the opponent, now lets do that against the Patsie's. Off topic, I was watching the GB/Hou game and the Bills really need a play making LB. I was so jealous watching Clay Mathews run all over the field. Unfortunately the Bills have starting LB's that would barely make most rosters.

Edited by ricojes

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all of Mario's sacks came against rookie RTs. Not impressed by that. Do it against the Jets, Dolphins, and Pats that's why you were brought here.

Congrats, you're regurgitating what others are already saying. Welcome to the school of redundancy. Cmon people, I'm just saying he had a good game, nothing more and nothing less. I didn't proclaim him the greatest DE in history, acknowldege he had a good game, say good game, and move on.

Congrats, you're regurgitating what others are already saying. Welcome to the school of redundancy. Cmon people, I'm just saying he had a good game, nothing more and nothing less. I didn't proclaim him the greatest DE in history, acknowldege he had a good game, say good game, and move on.

Yes he's had good games against mediocre competition, and nobody should give a sh*t about that.

It's just the way this board is...

The Bills won, BUT....

Mario played well, BUT...

Or whatever positive, BUT...

I can't say I blame most who do this, being a Bills fan will beat you down! BUT, I still Billieve...

Edited by ricojes

Yes he's had good games against mediocre competition, and nobody should give a sh*t about that.

Thanks for telling me what I should and should not give a sh*t about, I was wondering, should I go for the bagel or the english muffin. Tell me please, oh please sir!!! I need guidence aparently.

It's just the way this board is...

The Bills won, BUT....

Mario played well, BUT...

Or whatever positive, BUT...

I can't say I blame most who do this, being a Bills fan for 30+ years will beat you down! BUT, I still Billieve...

I've been a Bills fan for 20+ years, not quite 30 but quite a long time. I still hold faith and still understand that a W is a W is a W. I'm trying to give props to a player for playing well and they all want to shoot it down.

Often times I was focusing on the DL and thinking 'man, Mario is on the right side and getting pressure every play!!!!!'

Then I realised it was a 54 and it was Kyle Moore! I thought he played great - better than Mario and Anderson have played - and earned a starting spot.

I would be more worried if he didnt dominate yesterday

Exactly, he didn't dominate against inferior talent in the first 5 games, but he's finally dominated, it doesnt matter who he's playing. Its progress...

Often times I was focusing on the DL and thinking 'man, Mario is on the right side and getting pressure every play!!!!!'

Then I realised it was a 54 and it was Kyle Moore! I thought he played great - better than Mario and Anderson have played - and earned a starting spot.

I agree, Moore looked really good.

Yes, the Cards O-Line is bad but I think Mario would have been that disruptive against anybody yesterday. He has the physical talent to do that every Sunday. The question is, will be motivated enough to play that way every Sunday? Whatever the Bills did to him during the week, they need to repeat that another 10 times yet this season.

When he plays that way, he gets accounted for with chips and double teams, which allows guys like Kelsay, Dareus, Williams and Moore to get favorable matchups and be disruptive. They still more depth on the D-line. If they don't get stops early in drives, they wear down and the lack of depth shows more.

Yes, the Cards O-Line is bad but I think Mario would have been that disruptive against anybody yesterday. He has the physical talent to do that every Sunday. The question is, will be motivated enough to play that way every Sunday? Whatever the Bills did to him during the week, they need to repeat that another 10 times yet this season.

When he plays that way, he gets accounted for with chips and double teams, which allows guys like Kelsay, Dareus, Williams and Moore to get favorable matchups and be disruptive. They still more depth on the D-line. If they don't get stops early in drives, they wear down and the lack of depth shows more.

I agree, good points all around.