Wheres all the Mario talk???!?!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see much talk about the game Mario had. He was disruptive as heck yesterday. Yes, he got 2 sacks, but he was in the backfield constantly yesterday. I remember listening to the John Murhpy show last week, or the week prior, and he had a guest come on saying that Mario was just a sacker and would not really get pressures. Well last night, he got pressures and caused some errant throws. I was impressed, albeit against a pourous line, its still an NFL line. He seemed to be playing with urgency, along with Kyle Williams of whom we've come to expect these types of games. Marcel was in the backfield more often too.

I also would like to shout out to our first round pick, Gilmore, he played a heck of a game IMO.

Go Bills!!!

Gilmore played EXTREMELY well. Only one pass completed to Fitz when Gilmore was covering him. Mario doesn't deserve credit for ransacking possibly the league's worst offensive line. The St. Louis defensive line tore them apart also. Mario needs to be a difference maker week in and week out. That's why he was brought here.

So Mario Williams plays good and it is because he played a bad D line. Kyle Moore plays good and deserves to move up the depth chart?

I am a fan of Kyle Moore, but the double standard here is unreal.

Good point. My point is that no defensive lineman should be thought of any better because of their effort against a college-grade offensive line.

Not a bad idea! Man, how is the reaction in San Diego today after that meltdown last night?!?!?

Do most people in SD even know they have a team? A great city but probably the worst fanbase next to the Jags. They never sell out and they are a playoff contender every year.

Do most people in SD even know they have a team? A great city but probably the worst fanbase next to the Jags. They never sell out and they are a playoff contender every year.

Its not that San Diego has the worst fan base. A large percentage of people in San Diego are from somewhere else and follow another team already. The people born and raised here are rabid fans.

Its not that San Diego has the worst fan base. A large percentage of people in San Diego are from somewhere else and follow another team already. The people born and raised here are rabid fans.

Fair point though Charlotte is very similar yet they sell out a lot. When I was last in LA about a year ago, the talk seems to be about the Chargers coming to LA. Makes a lot of sense and they could call them Southern California or something. But I couldn't imagine having a team like SD and not selling out.

Gilmore played EXTREMELY well. Only one pass completed to Fitz when Gilmore was covering him. Mario doesn't deserve credit for ransacking possibly the league's worst offensive line. The St. Louis defensive line tore them apart also. Mario needs to be a difference maker week in and week out. That's why he was brought here.

Good point. My point is that no defensive lineman should be thought of any better because of their effort against a college-grade offensive line.

Not disagreeing with you but its not like the Rams can't get to the QB. Quinn and Long alone have a combined 10 sacks so far this year and the Rams actually blitz from time to time.

Fair point though Charlotte is very similar yet they sell out a lot. When I was last in LA about a year ago, the talk seems to be about the Chargers coming to LA. Makes a lot of sense and they could call them Southern California or something. But I couldn't imagine having a team like SD and not selling out.

I'm a good example, I'm a Bills fan in San Diego and don't go to very many Chargers games. I've taken my son a few times. I'm starting to be an Aztecs fan since my son goes to SDSU now.

Mario talk - Against the Titans:

2 tackles, 1 solo and ZERO sacks. Mari0 the zero is back after a "good" game against a bad line.

TN's O-line isn't that good either. When you need the D to make a play, this guy is nowhere.