What's wrong with Chan Gailey

BillsFan130

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan's play calling is pretty good. Fitz just can't cash the check that Chan is writing. He is just to inconsistent as a QB. We are stuck with him for now, but next draft we need to draft his replacement.

Doesn't this prove that his playcalling isn't good? If Fitz can't throw well shouldn't Chan know better than to throw the ball so many times in such a crucial time as OT especially when we have 2 solid backs?

Doesn't this prove that his playcalling isn't good? If Fitz can't throw well shouldn't Chan know better than to throw the ball so many times in such a crucial time as OT especially when we have 2 solid backs?

You can look at it that way, but if Fitzmiss could get the ball any where close to the target those are 1st down and touchdowns.

His play calling would make sense if they didn't have a running game and they had a stud at QB.

That said, they have a very good to great run game and their QB can't complete a pass to save his life.

And that Wildcat prayer was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. That was literally the worst point so far this season to try it, yet Gailey calls it.

Chan is a complete joke and is admittedly clueless about much that is going on with his football team. How many times are we going to see a short pass play called on third and long and by short i mean behind the line of scrimmage and on third and short when the offense is having some success moving the ball he opts to have Fitz who couldn't connect on a ball thrown over 20 yards to save his life throw a 30 yard pass to the sideline??? You play the ratio and Fitz missis that throw 15 out of 16 times. No decoy's in the backfield??? You use that wrinkle to keep the defense at least guessing a little more than if you don't. Chan does NOT understand the rhythm of the game. He is NOT a good O.C let alone coach and is an awful judge of talent. Get rid of this god awful qaurterback and head coach and I think we have some talent here to make things work. I would love to have Gino smith, but we'll see. Happy that we won but this is bittersweet. This team has no realistic chance at being consistent. Time for a change soon. It should be an interesting offseason.

Chan's play calling is pretty good.

For the other !@#$ing team, maybe.

Any coach that can have Jackson and Spiller in the backfield, but instead decides to run an empty backfield set, needs to be slapped. Repeatedly. With a frying pan.

For the other !@#$ing team, maybe.

Any coach that can have Jackson and Spiller in the backfield, but instead decides to run an empty backfield set, needs to be slapped. Repeatedly. With a frying pan.

Other than the grammatical issues, you have a real point here.

gailey and fitz are cumulatively going to give me an aneurysm one of these days.

Great time to try that wildcat hail mary pass though!

I'm more concerned w/ Fitz than I am Chan. I'm too damn lazy to pay enough attention to tally it, but I'm curious how much yardage we lost to Fitz' powderpuff arm.

Edit: Just to be clear though, we're still talking about Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dumb. Just, given the choice of a better option today, I'd take a different QB.

Edited by mcjeff215

There were a lot of guys that almost blew this game-- Powell's horrible punt, lee smith penalty, brad smith pass, fitz's inaccuracy all game, chan's playcalling.

Bills won in spite themselves.

Is it just me that thinks Fitz doesn't look "inaccurate" as much as he just looks scared?

Just curious if u think fitz has lost the team. The look on Fred Jackson's, Mario Williams and most of the sideline when fitz missed that throw to Fred Jackson was telling. Williams put his hands up like he was saying "wtf" while Jackson looked at fitz with disgust. Coiled this be the end of fitz with his teammates.

His play calling would make sense if they didn't have a running game and they had a stud at QB.

That said, they have a very good to great run game and their QB can't complete a pass to save his life.

And that Wildcat prayer was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. That was literally the worst point so far this season to try it, yet Gailey calls it.

^ This!

And toss in punting in OT instead of a 53 yard FG attempt.

Yes, our defense will handle it ... right Chan? Maybe this week against a back up QB but still really dumb?

The only thing dumber was the 3 passes from Fitz when we needed 7 or 8 yards to get Lindell to a comfortable kick distance.

No wait, the only thing dumber was the deep pass from the Wild Cat when we should have been running down the clock.

Yes, we won, we finally got enough breaks to overcome Chan and Fitz.