Could Offense B 2 Complicated ??

T master

Last year we had some success with our Offense to the tune of starting 5 & 2 & showed that this O has potential but this year it seems to be especially the last 2 games that we can't get on track .

I go back to when Vince Young was here & now to the bringing T Jack here by the using of another wasted draft pick to this point ..

They say that Young couldn't learn the offense b/c of how complicated it is to learn so they thought even though they brought him here they may need to keep Thigpen around as a #3 or #2 until he learned it .

As we all know Young is now gone enter T Jack & he has been inactive b/c he can't learn the offense & can't get reps ? If Thigpen knows the offense let him sit so you can utilize the draft pick that has so far been wasted on bringing in T Jack . Give the guy a chance at least ...

He put the Seahawks in the play offs last year what has Thigpen done for you lately ? Besides being put on more than a few ESPN out takes getting hit in the head last year by a football (which was more a slam of the Bills than anything) the guy has done much of nothing & i think if the fan base was asked we don't believe that if Fitz goes down he would be our pick to take us any where but where we are at ..

Could it be that Chan needs to dumb down the offense a bit & not have it be so complicated ? Would that not only help Fitz & T Jack but the rest of our young wide outs trying to learn this complicated offense ?

Most times in life i have found that if you K.I.S.S. it (keep it simple stupid) you get a lot more out of what it is your trying to teach or achieve ..

What do you all think ??? GO BILLS !!!!!

Last year we had some success with our Offense to the tune of starting 5 & 2 & showed that this O has potential but this year it seems to be especially the last 2 games that we can't get on track .

I go back to when Vince Young was here & now to the bringing T Jack here by the using of another wasted draft pick to this point ..

They say that Young couldn't learn the offense b/c of how complicated it is to learn so they thought even though they brought him here they may need to keep Thigpen around as a #3 or #2 until he learned it .

As we all know Young is now gone enter T Jack & he has been inactive b/c he can't learn the offense & can't get reps ? If Thigpen knows the offense let him sit so you can utilize the draft pick that has so far been wasted on bringing in T Jack . Give the guy a chance at least ...

He put the Seahawks in the play offs last year what has Thigpen done for you lately ? Besides being put on more than a few ESPN out takes getting hit in the head last year by a football (which was more a slam of the Bills than anything) the guy has done much of nothing & i think if the fan base was asked we don't believe that if Fitz goes down he would be our pick to take us any where but where we are at ..

Could it be that Chan needs to dumb down the offense a bit & not have it be so complicated ? Would that not only help Fitz & T Jack but the rest of our young wide outs trying to learn this complicated offense ?

Most times in life i have found that if you K.I.S.S. it (keep it simple stupid) you get a lot more out of what it is your trying to teach or achieve ..

What do you all think ??? GO BILLS !!!!!

Maybe, but it could be a smokescreen to keep us in the dark of why they actually do things. If it was so complicated other teams wouldn't have figured it out and shut us down so quickly.

The OP has a point!

The offense in the strike shortened off season looked way better then this year when the entire play book is being used. Not just for the QB's but for the WR's also, the timing on so many plays looks off this year compared to last year.

What Chan needs to do is seriously limit the pass plays and open up the play book on the running plays. The 2 best players on the offense are Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller, feed them the ball and have Fitz only there to manage the game instead of forcing him to shoulder it.

I think it's completely due to defenses figuring out how to stop it, suspect quality at the wide out position, and having a QB who doesn't have the best arm. I'm really not convinced the Fitz has a weak arm as much as just inaccurate. Last week he over threw two deep balls, then under-threw. So between defenses catching up and suspect QB play is the issue. Add to that last year early defenses didn't know a whole lot about the Bill's receivers either, now they know their strengths and weaknesses too. Probably a strong #2 would help.

Gailey, more than likely doesn't have the horses to run his offense. Like others have said if opposing D's figure it out, how hard can it be?

One thing for sure Gailey is clueless on how to establish a run game. The one area of strength (when healthy) and he blows it every single week of the season.

Might have a lot to do with outside of Stevie Johnson we have no NFL caliber wr's. As nice of a redzone threat scott chandler is he's no seem stretcher so safeties can easily give help to corners against the speed of donald jones or graham who are pretty one dimensional and not having David Nelson hurts. That and Fitz not being a good qb

Edited by CHOICE SCREEN

Nothing wrongs with the O except Fitz's arm. Play after play is wide open. He just can't deliver the ball.

Nothing wrongs with the O except Fitz's arm. Play after play is wide open. He just can't deliver the ball.

You can say that again.

GO BILLS!!!

The offense isn't failing because of miscommunications, guys out of position, or general chaos. It fails because Fitz misses open WRs. They know where they're supposed to be, Fitz knows where they're supposed to be, the ball goes to the right guy at the right time. The passes just aren't good enough.

The offense isn't failing because of miscommunications, guys out of position, or general chaos. It fails because Fitz misses open WRs. They know where they're supposed to be, Fitz knows where they're supposed to be, the ball goes to the right guy at the right time. The passes just aren't good enough.

I agree with you, 100%, however I think it's also worth noting that with our putrid defense, our offense becomes predictable. I realize Fitz is not great, but the defense makes it a hell of a lot more difficult, in my opinion.

Chan thinks it is that's why he elevates book smart inferior athletes like Fitz and thigpen. Reality its just not effective. that's the real reason An athlete and playmaker like young will reject it

That athlete and playmaker - what team does he play for now?

I'm not a big fan of this O but for you to keep brining up VY is ridiculous. He's so talented and amazing that he's not even in the league anymore.

That athlete and playmaker - what team does he play for now?

I'm not a big fan of this O but for you to keep brining up VY is ridiculous. He's so talented and amazing that he's not even in the league anymore.

Because the league is static, never changes and is always right ? When Fitz gets cut which is long overdue where will he be starting ? So Kurt Warner after being waived by packers in 94' was done and Should have stayed in arena football? Out of the league for 4 years and comes back appears in 3 super bowls and wins 1 Never happened right ?

Whether VY was the answer or not I don't know. My comment is simply that someone whose an athlete and playmaker will be shunned by a system guy like Chan. It was a bad fit from the starT. Just like a Ben rothlesberger who isn't the best per snap reader but extends plays with his athleticism wouldn't be either. But all that is lost on you. If there's anyone with a VY issue it's you for over reacting to any post that isn't damning him.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Because the league is static, never changes and is always right ? When Fitz gets cut which is long overdue where will he be starting ? So Kurt Warner after being waived by packers in 94' was done and Should have stayed in arena football? Out of the league for 4 years and comes back appears in 3 super bowls and wins 1 Never happened right ?

Whether VY was the answer or not I don't know. My comment is simply that someone whose an athlete and playmaker will be shunned by a system guy like Chan. It was a bad fit from the starT. Just like a Ben rothlesberger who isn't the best per snap reader but extends plays with his athleticism wouldn't be either. But all that is lost on you. If there's anyone with a VY issue it's you for over reacting to any post that isn't damning him.

The guys who fall through the cracks are the ones who coaches haven't heard or seen a lot about - guys like Kurt Warner. Guys like Fred Jackson. Guys who were underrated or who were drafted late but blossomed.

Guys like VY people swoon over out of college and they get drafted really high. Highly rated QBs coming out of college don't slip though the cracks. Every coach in the league is dreaming of one of these guys on their roster and being their QB for 10 years. The fact that VY isn't tells you everything you need to know about Young's game.

I can't think of a single 1st round selection at the QB position who bounced around the league for years and then turned it around and became a franchise QB. Alex Smith comes the closest to that but he never bounced around the league, his team kept him because they obviously saw something they liked.