So, how do the Jets lose all of their good players and yet compete?

Lv-Bills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did the Texans go from a bottom-3 ranked defense in the NFL (2010) to a top-3 ranked defense in the NFL (2011) in the span of a single season? Two words: Wade Philips.

Coaching absolutely matters. That's why the Jets are at least competitive, and we blow chunks.

How did the Texans go from a bottom-3 ranked defense in the NFL (2010) to a top-3 ranked defense in the NFL (2011) in the span of a single season? Two words: Wade Philips.

Coaching absolutely matters. That's why the Jets are at least competitive, and we blow chunks.

Never mind that Jets were a few drops away from winning the game. And that's against a top defense and with a "laughingstock" QB and no running game to speak of. Meanwhile Jets' D gave up a lot of yards on the ground, but kept the points to a minimum.

Maybe calling Jets' roster UFL worthy is a bit of stretch, but if Bills lost their best defensive and offensive players, the excuses at OBD would be a mile long. Yet, despite serious injuries and no name playmakers, the Jets are competitive. Yet the Bills give up 93 points in 5-1/2 quarters with a healthy roster. That is the true comparison and is a sickening one.

well, if you watched them at all in 2010, you knew they had one of the worst secondaries in the history of the NFL - and added two strong starters to that group. The front 7 and offense were doing their parts, so adding Johnathan Joseph and Daniel Manning really helped A LOT too. plus some high draft pick help back there.

it was amazing how often guys were WIDE open - like no one within 10 yards open.

Thats not to say wades worthless. but to say wade walked in and by only his hand they became good is not the full truth.

Not to mention they converted from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and even found players to fit that scheme. When the front office and coaching staff are on the same page, amazing things like being the top defensive unit in the NFL can happen.

But then there's Buddy, who admitted he's scouting and trusts that Chan will get things taken care of. No wonder this team is going nowhere fast.

You really are smoking something. You can't just lose Revis and be pretty much the same team that was competing for the AFC Championship with New England. You can't just lose your only weapon on offense, which is Santonio Holmes and think you can still compete every week. You seriously don't think the Jets running backs right now are as good as they were when they went to the AFC Championship game competing with New England. This doesn't even get into an offensive line that is terrible outside of Mangold. Ferguson is a good pass blocking T, but not as good run blocking. Dustin Keller is out. You can't be serious.

My best friend is a Jets fan, and I know this team inside and out. And 2-0 in the AFC EAST? Really? Is that a big accomplishment? They got to play the Bills, whom they own, and they played Tanehill in one of his first few pro games. Wow, but they are 2-0 in what is turning out to be one of the weakest divisions in football. But hey, they beat Buffalo and Miami.

The Jets are brutal. Period. Especially on offense. This is now a bad football team, and they competed tonight. They had sound schemes for their talent level in all three phases of the game against one of the best teams in the league, if not the best.

Other than not winning the game tonight, the Jets can feel good about their effort tonight. Buffalo, on the other hand.........speaks for itself.

Your the one that is smoking something. The Jets have a much better roster then us. They have beaten us 6 times in a row & usually in this stretch the scores have been pretty lopsided. There is no coach or GM in the league that would not take the Jets roster as it is over the Bills roster right now. Sad but true. & yes Buddy Ryan & his staff are better coaches then Gailey & the Stache.

The Jets have beat us 6 times in a row & New England has beaten us what 18 out of 19 times, Man this organization is pathetic.

Not really, because everyone knows they are the Chiefs and Browns. I expect to look better this week against overrated Arizona.

The Jets overachieved tonight. Is that too much to ask from us?

With our current coaching staff, apparently so!

Legit NFL coaches.

This. When the Bills coaching staff goes toe to toe with Rex, they really put their foot in it. Player by player, we really should be able to stand up to them but instead we let them walk all over us and kick us when we're down. Gailey has no one making him toe the line with his offensive play calls.

I must be tired 'cuz I'm running out of foot puns here.

I completely believe coaching matters, but it's not the only thing that matters - people who look at a team and say "oh, just plug in this QB and they became great" usually are missing a bunch of other, less heralded roster changes. Same thing for coaching - the Texans made some key roster moves in 2010, notably in the 2ndary.

I mean, they have maybe the best team in the AFC on the ropes and are at least going all out to beat them. I could live with this type of effort. Gee, you think coaching matters or what? This is a terrific bounceback effort after a dismal performance last week, and a loss of a bunch of key personnel.

Looked like they lost AT HOME to the 49ers about as ugly as the Bills lost @ SF.

They put up a fight on national TV for one game at home and all of a sudden they are the model the Bills need to emulate?

I mean, they have maybe the best team in the AFC on the ropes and are at least going all out to beat them. I could live with this type of effort. Gee, you think coaching matters or what? This is a terrific bounceback effort after a dismal performance last week, and a loss of a bunch of key personnel.

Better coaching by far. Better schemes. And sadly as bad as it was, probably better quarterbacking.

Wow, one week where they were competitive in a loss against the Texans missing 2 of their top players and the Jets are "able to compete with a UFL roster"?

Looks like the retard rodeo is back in town

The Jets only have 2 good players?

This is the same Jets team that was shut out in a loss the week before to the 49ers while only giving up 11 less points in the game then the Bills did in their game

So if the Bills go out and beat the Cardinals this week, are we going to see posts of praise for the team talking about how they are able to compete missing their best players?

I can already see the posts talking about how the team still is horrible and the Cards are highly overrated...........