So, how do the Jets lose all of their good players and yet compete?

Lv-Bills

I mean, they have maybe the best team in the AFC on the ropes and are at least going all out to beat them. I could live with this type of effort. Gee, you think coaching matters or what? This is a terrific bounceback effort after a dismal performance last week, and a loss of a bunch of key personnel.

Edited by Lv-Bills

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can the Dolphins be in complete rebuild mode, and still look better than the Bills?

Its astounding how bad this Bills team can continue to look irregardless of what improvements they appear to make.

I wouldn't exactly call this "competitive". They look like a troop of drunk monkeys trying to chase down a chicken out there.

Yes, and have pulled out all of the stops in all three aspects of the game to achieve competitiveness. They have come up with gimmicks in all three areas, offense, defense and special teams to put guys like Joe McKnight, Bilal Powell, Tim Tebow, Chaz Schilens, Lex Hilliard, etc, etc, etc in a competitive football game. Exactly what you'd expect a coaching staff to do with a bunch of drunk monkeys to beat able to compete with a team like Houston.

Meanwhile in Buffalo, with a cast of better players.........

My hats off to Rex and staff.

Edited by Lv-Bills

better coaching, period

The Jets were sparked by a kick off return for a TD by Westoff and the special teams. Both teams like to run the ball and play tough defense. It also helps that the Jets are at home. Clearly the Texans have the better QB

I'd trade either coaching staffs for the Bills staff in a half a heartbeat, preferably the Texans staff tho :D

I guess some of us are watching a different game. The Jets have pretty much been beaten up and down the field by Foster. They've played well in the redzone on defense, but really this game has not been competative or as close as the score suggests. Infact I'd say the Jets got ground and pounded

better coaching, period

The Jets were sparked by a kick off return for a TD by Westoff and the special teams. Both teams like to run the ball and play tough defense. It also helps that the Jets are at home. Clearly the Texans have the better QB

I'd trade either coaching staffs for the Bills staff in a half a heartbeat, preferably the Texans staff tho :D

The Jets like to run the ball but they're quite horrible at it

Edited by Stealth

I guess some of us are watching a different game. The Jets have pretty much been beaten up and down the field by Foster. They've played well in the redzone on defense, but really this game has not been competative or as close as the score suggests. Infact I'd say the Jets got ground and pounded

The Jets like to run the ball but they're quite horrible at it

I guess so, because with a completely outmanned roster, the Jets just had the ball, down by 6 with a chance to win the game with 2 minutes left and were driving. And I'm not sure that anyone here would trade one guy on their offense or special teams with ours. What kind of game did you expect from the Jets with the UFL roster they are showcasing?

Because you watched this week, and not the meltdown last week. If you only watched the chiefs or browns game you might think we are competitive too

Not really, because everyone knows they are the Chiefs and Browns. I expect to look better this week against overrated Arizona.

The Jets overachieved tonight. Is that too much to ask from us?

I guess so, because with a completely outmanned roster, the Jets just had the ball, down by 6 with a chance to win the game with 2 minutes left and were driving. And I'm not sure that anyone here would trade one guy on their offense or special teams with ours. What kind of game did you expect from the Jets with the UFL roster they are showcasing?

UFL Roster?!?

Ferguson,Mangold, Sanchez- all 1st rd picks on offense. Coples,Wilkerson,Bryan Thomas, Maybin,Calvin Pace, Landry, Cromartie,Kyle Wilson,- all 1st rd picks on defense

The Jets hardly have a UFL roster. Do they have some problems at rt and guard sure. Do they have awful wr's yes.... I wouldn't go around making excuses for the Jets though. Now you wanna see a UFL roster check out where the Bills skill players where drafted lol.

UFL Roster?!?

Ferguson,Mangold, Sanchez- all 1st rd picks on offense. Coples,Wilkerson,Bryan Thomas, Maybin,Calvin Pace, Landry, Cromartie,Kyle Wilson,- all 1st rd picks on defense

The Jets hardly have a UFL roster. Do they have some problems at rt and guard sure. Do they have awful wr's yes.... I wouldn't go around making excuses for the Jets though. Now you wanna see a UFL roster check out where the Bills skill players where drafted lol.

You've gotta be kidding me. Who gives a schitt where players are drafted? Really? We once had McCargo, Losman, etc.......ALL FIRST ROUNDERS!!! LMAO.

The Jets were severely undermanned. SEVERELY. And they competed. The were aggressive. They took chances. And they bounced back and played the best team in the AFC tough, with a severely beat up roster. They now have one of the worst active rosters in the AFC. Period. They did very well tonight all things considering for them.

They have a horrible QB and lost their only starting caliber WR and still looked 25 times better than us. They lost Revis, and still found ways to slow down a great Texans offense enough to give them a chance to win. This doesn't discount all of their other injuries. That was one hell of an effort by them and their coaching staff.

This isn't even questionable.

Edited by Lv-Bills

UFL Roster?!?

Agreed.

And for the rough time we give him - Sanchez occasionally hits a nice deep pass. It's been awhile here and would make a big difference.

You've gotta be kidding me. Who gives a schitt where players are drafted? Really? We once had McCargo, Losman, etc.......ALL FIRST ROUNDERS!!! LMAO.

The Jets were severely undermanned. SEVERELY. And they competed. The were aggressive. They took chances. And they bounced back and played the best team in the AFC tough, with a severely beat up roster. They now have one of the worst active rosters in the AFC. Period. They did very well tonight all things considering for them.

They have a horrible QB and lost their only starting caliber WR and still looked 25 times better than us. They lost Revis, and still found ways to slow down a great Texans offense enough to give them a chance to win. This doesn't discount all of their other injuries. That was one hell of an effort by them and their coaching staff.

This isn't even questionable.

Sorry there's 11 players on defense. It was pretty much a unanimous point when Revis was healthy Jets had one of the better defenses in the league. Cromartie is no slouch at corner. I think it's also a pretty universal opinion that Mangold, Ferguson are pretty good cogs in a wheel of an offensive line. Say what you want about Sanchez, but he's been to 2 AFC championships. Oh boo hoo for the Jets they have horrible wr's. So do the Bills you play with whos out there. So now people wanna sit around and say that a team that was routinely competing under Ryan and with Sanchez at qb is "Awful" give me a break. That team is pretty much the same team that's been the closest to knocking off NE sans Santonio Holmes and a rt. I also don't question their defensive effort. They where very effective in limiting Houston to fg's. They did this with a NFL roster. You know the same NFL roster that's 2-0 in the AFC EAST.

Edited by Stealth

Sorry there's 11 players on defense. It was pretty much a unanimous point when Revis was healthy Jets had one of the better defenses in the league. Cromartie is no slouch at corner. I think it's also a pretty universal opinion that Mangold, Ferguson are pretty good cogs in a wheel of an offensive line. Say what you want about Sanchez, but he's been to 2 AFC championships. Oh boo hoo for the Jets they have horrible wr's. So do the Bills you play with whos out there. So now people wanna sit around and say that a team that was routinely competing under Ryan and with Sanchez at qb is "Awful" give me a break. That team is pretty much the same team that's been the closest to knocking off NE sans Santonio Holmes and a rt. I also don't question their defensive effort. They where very effective in limiting Houston to fg's. They did this with a NFL roster. You know the same NFL roster that's 2-0 in the AFC EAST.

You really are smoking something. You can't just lose Revis and be pretty much the same team that was competing for the AFC Championship with New England. You can't just lose your only weapon on offense, which is Santonio Holmes and think you can still compete every week. You seriously don't think the Jets running backs right now are as good as they were when they went to the AFC Championship game competing with New England. This doesn't even get into an offensive line that is terrible outside of Mangold. Ferguson is a good pass blocking T, but not as good run blocking. Dustin Keller is out. You can't be serious.

My best friend is a Jets fan, and I know this team inside and out. And 2-0 in the AFC EAST? Really? Is that a big accomplishment? They got to play the Bills, whom they own, and they played Tanehill in one of his first few pro games. Wow, but they are 2-0 in what is turning out to be one of the weakest divisions in football. But hey, they beat Buffalo and Miami.

The Jets are brutal. Period. Especially on offense. This is now a bad football team, and they competed tonight. They had sound schemes for their talent level in all three phases of the game against one of the best teams in the league, if not the best.

Other than not winning the game tonight, the Jets can feel good about their effort tonight. Buffalo, on the other hand.........speaks for itself.

Edited by Lv-Bills

You really are smoking something. You can't just lose Revis and be pretty much the same team that was competing for the AFC Championship. You can't just lose your only weapon on offense, which is Santonio Holmes and think you can still compete every week. You seriously don't think the Jets running backs right now are as good as they were when they went to the AFC Championship game. This doesn't even get into an offensive line that is terrible outside of Mangold. Ferguson is a good pass blocking T, but not as good run blocking. Dustin Keller is out. You can't be serious.

My best friend is a Jets fan, and I know this team inside and out. And 2-0 in the AFC EAST? Really? Is that a big accomplishment? They got to play the Bills, whom they own, and they played Tanehill in one of his first few pro games. Wow, but they are 2-0 in what is turning out to be one of the weakest divisions in football. But hey, they beat Buffalo and Miami.

The Jets are brutal. Period. Especially on offense. This is now a bad football team, and they competed tonight. They had sound schemes for their talent level in all three phases of the game against one of the best teams in the league, if not the best.

Buffalo, on the other hand.........speaks for itself.

Losing 2 players does not turn your roster into the UFL. As far as the Jets runningbacks go. No they haven't been as good as they where when they had alan faneca playing guard for them and thomas jones. Not adequately replacing Thomas Jones has been the jets biggest downfall with their running game,. Yeah it's gonna hurt when you lose your #1 wr, and you don't really have a #2. For comparison sake I can only imagine how Stevie Johnson feels having no #2=#5 wr playing for the Bills. 2 players don't really make or break a team as good as Revis is. Don't forget Kyle Wilson was a #1 pick and has shown to be a more than adequate corner in limited playing time. The Jets can be exploited with their safeties, but on the edge they're still pretty solid. The biggest downfall of their defense is without pohua and a healthy Bart Scott their run defense struggles. I also don't dispute the Jets are a bad offensive team but they've gotten more then by being adequate. They're never gonna be a great offensive team. My only point is they're not a UFL roster and quite a bit better then a good pct of NFL teams

I mean, they have maybe the best team in the AFC on the ropes and are at least going all out to beat them. I could live with this type of effort. Gee, you think coaching matters or what? This is a terrific bounceback effort after a dismal performance last week, and a loss of a bunch of key personnel.

Because, while not elite, Rex Ryan is atleast competent.

Losing 2 players does not turn your roster into the UFL. As far as the Jets runningbacks go. No they haven't been as good as they where when they had alan faneca playing guard for them and thomas jones. Not adequately replacing Thomas Jones has been the jets biggest downfall with their running game,. Yeah it's gonna hurt when you lose your #1 wr, and you don't really have a #2. For comparison sake I can only imagine how Stevie Johnson feels having no #2=#5 wr playing for the Bills. 2 players don't really make or break a team as good as Revis is. Don't forget Kyle Wilson was a #1 pick and has shown to be a more than adequate corner in limited playing time. The Jets can be exploited with their safeties, but on the edge they're still pretty solid. The biggest downfall of their defense is without pohua and a healthy Bart Scott their run defense struggles. I also don't dispute the Jets are a bad offensive team but they've gotten more then by being adequate. They're never gonna be a great offensive team. My only point is they're not a UFL roster and quite a bit better then a good pct of NFL teams

You're severely reaching here... I'd love to see your list of teams. I expect more than 16, considering your stance on percentages. And yes, you can use the Bills...lol