A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

I have to agree with some of the posters. Our coaching staff had no clue today.

Pressure Brady, cover Gronk and Welker. If our front 4 isn't doing it, blitz for crying out loud. Learn to adjust. Don't be so freaking stubborn.

Fitz looked awful. Coaching was worse.

Edited by Just in Atlanta

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is next year isn't going to be any better. they should have drafted a QB this draft and brought him into the system to start next season. there were too many holes on this team and still are. LBs who we thought might contribute (shepperd, moats, barnett) are OK but very average. without a stout back 3 this team is going nowhere. partly coaching too, but the lack of talent at QB and LB is killing this team.

So apparently FJ gets a pass on his fumble? When the game was 28-21 and still within reach. I'm sorry but that was way more costly. Now your just straight hating on Spiller.

Arguing this is like debating which pats td hurt more. You can not turn the ball over 6 times to the pats.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I agree, but pointing out Spiller's fumble and not FJ's is ridiculous. How about instead of saying Spillers fumble was costly, just say all the turnovers were costly.

What does it matter dude. He never said Fred's wasn't costly. He just didn't mention. Why is every one obsessed with placing blame on an individual for the TEAM's loss. This TEAM's loss was a product of poor game planning (wanny), poor execution, poor play calling and poor player performances.

1) Chandler was one of the few players who actually came to play football today. Both of his TDs were nice, well executed plays.

2) George Wilson had a bad game from start to finish. It was probably the worst of his career. I hope that this doesn't spur Nix to use our 2013 first round draft pick on a safety, but this is more than likely a given.

3) The end of the 1st half capsulized every bad thing about the Bills. Once again, Gailey refused to get to the deuce. He stopped the clock TWICE, seconds before the 2 minute warning with incomplete passes. Once again, he got lucky and made a first down, but it turned out not to be so lucky, no?

4) Timeout after a touchback with 10:29 left in the 4th qtr., down by 2 tds? And another one shortly thereafter? It's time to seriously question whether or not Gailey is an adequate HC.

5) Go ahead and kick my ass, but Spiller's fumble before the half was VERY costly. It was a bad, stupid play. And as much as he is beloved, a pattern is starting to form. Yes, he played despite his injury. Fine, thanks. But he cost us momentum and points. And despite his ypc, he sucked. His blocking was horrible, and his fumble cost us dearly. But we can always point to his stats and pretend all is well.

6) Wheels broke down, leader won't draw.

The line is busted, the last one I saw.

Tommorrow come trouble

Tomorrow come pain.

Now don't think too hard..... baby.

'Cause I know what I'm sayin.'

7) Mario and Anderson were absolutely NOT better than the combo of Edwards, Kelsay, and Carrington last season. Not one freaking bit better, and they were NOT going up against stellar OTs either. Mario looked like he was scrimmaging. He completely sucked today. Enough to be concerned.

8) Week after week I praise Dareus, but HE even sucked today, and so btw did Kyle Williams.

9) BIG TIME props to Gilmore!!!!! He really might be a first round DB that was NOT a wasted pick. He came to play today! In fact, at one point he looked like the only player on the defense, other than Barnett, who looked as if he actually gave a flying f*#k.

10) Fitz? He was flat out awful. His arm was SO weak that he really had no chance to connect deep to Graham. This is a shame, because Graham does have deep speed. Fitz does run well. Big deal. But my strong fear is that he is an inadequate QB. Even after today, his stats are not THAT bad. But he owes much of this to Gailey, who is obsessed with the pass, personnel notwithstanding.

11) Nice TD by Jones. I credit Gailey for this; it's nice when it actually works.

12) 75% of the season to go. We are no strangers to suffering, nor to keeping lit the flames of hope.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was most disappointing about this game was the manner in which the Pats' OL, without its best blocker in Mankins, manhandled our DL. It was embarrassing. Mario Williams was invisible and our most consistent lineman, Kyle Williams, played the worst game I have ever seen him play. It was like watching an SEC team playing UB.

In almost all aspects of the game the Bills were outplayed. But there is no need for an in-depth analysis. You don't get anywhere without a good qb. As a starter Fitz is simply inadequate. He certainly has the brains to play the position but he simply doesn't have a strong enough arm to allow the Bills to be a serious team. Fitz is a quality backup. Until that position is upgraded the Bills will be not only a mediocre team, but also a mediocre franchise. You can have a very flawed team on both sides of the ball and still be competitive if you have a good qb.Without a good qb the team is going to flounder, just as it has for almost a generation.

I was watching a portion of the Skins game. In Robert Griffin III they have a gem. Whether the team wins or loses in his rookie year the franchise has hope that they are going to be a quality franchise in the near future. Until our organization addresses the most important position on the team it will continue its history of mediocrity.

An observation: The Bills best player in this game was Gilmore. There were a number of plays where Graham was open downfield. Fitz couldn't get the ball down the field with enough steam to capitalize on the opportunities. Chandler has the best hands of any of our receivers.

1. we have no middle linebacker. Might as well play put an extra DB on the field. Shepperd cant play at this level. BRING BACK POZ

2. Running Spiller up the middle for a tough yard at the goal line was idiotic. You need a yard and you use your smallest back coming off a shoulder injury? Some times Chan makes the most bone head calls

3. Fitz as usual: flat balls that get batted down, too weak to hit deep ones. This wasnt totally on him though, he made some good throws to Chandler

4. D-line is average at best. With no help from the MLB Wannstedt needs to get creative and call some blitz from the secondary. Sadly creative isnt the man's forte. Perfect storm brewing on defense

5. Where was Steve Johnson? Weird how non-existent he was

6. Both Jackson and Spiller showed rust, although thru about 3 qtrs I liked what I was seeing out of FJ: blocking, running and receiving. Would like to have seen Choice get some carries throughout.

1. we have no middle linebacker. Might as well play put an extra DB on the field. Shepperd cant play at this level. BRING BACK POZ

2. Running Spiller up the middle for a tough yard at the goal line was idiotic. You need a yard and you use your smallest back coming off a shoulder injury? Some times Chan makes the most bone head calls

3. Fitz as usual: flat balls that get batted down, too weak to hit deep ones. This wasnt totally on him though, he made some good throws to Chandler

4. D-line is average at best. With no help from the MLB Wannstedt needs to get creative and call some blitz from the secondary. Sadly creative isnt the man's forte. Perfect storm brewing on defense

5. Where was Steve Johnson? Weird how non-existent he was

6. Both Jackson and Spiller showed rust, although thru about 3 qtrs I liked what I was seeing out of FJ: blocking, running and receiving. Would like to have seen Choice get some carries throughout.

Where you watching the game??? Sheppard played about 2 mins of the game because Scott played MLB the rest of the time. How well did that work out?

and why was his time limited? think brainiac

Uh because they were playing Nickel and Dime... and Wanny puts in Scott and takes out Sheppard and Moats... They played like 75% of the game with 2 LBs, but yea rag on Sheppard for his coach not allowing him to play. Clearly thats his fault, braniac.

Well, we did accomplish one thing.

As in the preseason, we played at half effort ......but came away injury free. Wait.......no we didn't.

Remember those nuggets of wisdom from so many here?

Little did we realize how shamefully heartless and gutless this team......hell....this entire organization is.

Pure futility an there's NO reason to think it'll ever change....ever.

Edited by billsoverdue

I don't understand how this keeps happening when even the Dolphins usually play the Pats tough when they sucked...we implode, they go out and play them tough even though they still usually lose. Defensive gameplan started ok but after the Pats opening drive in the 3rd when they punted, we had no answers on D and no adjustments...

New England was playing chess while Wanny played checkers...

How could a DLine this talented get mauled by a New England OLine missing its best player that was a liability even with him...just thoroughly embarrassing for that D and especially the DLine to get manhandles like that...

Well, we did accomplish one thing.

As in the preseason, we played at half effort ......but came away injury free. Wait.......no we didn't.

Remember those nuggets of wisdom from so many here?

Little did we realize how shamefully heartless and gutless this team......hell....this entire organization is.

Pure futility an there's NO reason to think it'll ever change....ever.

The point about pre-season was and still is that the starters were not executing well, to put it mildly. In the second half today, the concerns that some of us had from the pre-season showed up in spades. It was a debacle. While easy to spout baseless rhetoric about how it would be easy to turn it all around, it really is possible that the Bills do start playing together. Who knows? Maybe Wannstedt will develop a sense of urgency. Maybe.

5. Where was Steve Johnson? Weird how non-existent he was.

He was wide open twice deep and Fitzpatrick could not get him the ball. The rest of the game who knows? We get to see who CBS shows us. As good as he was I thought that Fitzpatrick tried to force it to Chandler too often today.

and why was his time limited? think brainiac

Because our DC was unable to adjust his game plan. That's the point. Did you watch the game?

The point about pre-season was and still is that the starters were not executing well, to put it mildly. In the second half today, the concerns that some of us had from the pre-season showed up in spades. It was a debacle. While easy to spout baseless rhetoric about how it would be easy to turn it all around, it really is possible that the Bills do start playing together. Who knows? Maybe Wannstedt will develop a sense of urgency. Maybe.

Maybe Wannstedt will develop a sense of urgency? Any NFL coach with any pride would have done that when the Jets dumped on us. It's turning out to be another year just like the last 12+. It's just not with the flashy fast start like last season. 100 points scored on us in 2 divisional games. Unreal.

What was most disappointing about this game was the manner in which the Pats' OL, without its best blocker in Mankins, manhandled our DL. It was embarrassing. Mario Williams was invisible and our most consistent lineman, Kyle Williams, played the worst game I have ever seen him play. It was like watching an SEC team playing UB.

In almost all aspects of the game the Bills were outplayed. But there is no need for an in-depth analysis. You don't get anywhere without a good qb. As a starter Fitz is simply inadequate. He certainly has the brains to play the position but he simply doesn't have a strong enough arm to allow the Bills to be a serious team. Fitz is a quality backup. Until that position is upgraded the Bills will be not only a mediocre team, but also a mediocre franchise. You can have a very flawed team on both sides of the ball and still be competitive if you have a good qb.Without a good qb the team is going to flounder, just as it has for almost a generation.

I was watching a portion of the Skins game. In Robert Griffin III they have a gem. Whether the team wins or loses in his rookie year the franchise has hope that they are going to be a quality franchise in the near future. Until our organization addresses the most important position on the team it will continue its history of mediocrity.

An observation: The Bills best player in this game was Gilmore. There were a number of plays where Graham was open downfield. Fitz couldn't get the ball down the field with enough steam to capitalize on the opportunities. Chandler has the best hands of any of our receivers.

Your point about the need for a QB is spot-on, and very well expressed.

I also agree with most of Bill's post--especially when he wrote, "Mario and Anderson were absolutely NOT better than the combo of Edwards, Kelsay, and Carrington last season." We've spent a ton on that DL, in terms of money and draft picks. A performance like today's is not acceptable. :angry:

At least Gilmore had a very good day today! :thumbsup: