A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) Chandler was one of the few players who actually came to play football today. Both of his TDs were nice, well executed plays.

2) George Wilson had a bad game from start to finish. It was probably the worst of his career. I hope that this doesn't spur Nix to use our 2013 first round draft pick on a safety, but this is more than likely a given.

3) The end of the 1st half capsulized every bad thing about the Bills. Once again, Gailey refused to get to the deuce. He stopped the clock TWICE, seconds before the 2 minute warning with incomplete passes. Once again, he got lucky and made a first down, but it turned out not to be so lucky, no?

4) Timeout after a touchback with 10:29 left in the 4th qtr., down by 2 tds? And another one shortly thereafter? It's time to seriously question whether or not Gailey is an adequate HC.

5) Go ahead and kick my ass, but Spiller's fumble before the half was VERY costly. It was a bad, stupid play. And as much as he is beloved, a pattern is starting to form. Yes, he played despite his injury. Fine, thanks. But he cost us momentum and points. And despite his ypc, he sucked. His blocking was horrible, and his fumble cost us dearly. But we can always point to his stats and pretend all is well.

6) Wheels broke down, leader won't draw.

The line is busted, the last one I saw.

Tomorrow come trouble

Tomorrow come pain.

Now don't think too hard..... baby.

'Cause I know what I'm sayin.'

7) Mario and Anderson were absolutely NOT better than the combo of Edwards, Kelsay, and Carrington last season. Not one freaking bit better, and they were NOT going up against stellar OTs either. Mario looked like he was scrimmaging. He completely sucked today. Enough to be concerned.

8) Week after week I praise Dareus, but HE even sucked today, and so btw did Kyle Williams.

9) BIG TIME props to Gilmore!!!!! He really might be a first round DB that was NOT a wasted pick. He came to play today! In fact, at one point he looked like the only player on the defense, other than Barnett, who looked as if he actually gave a flying f*#k.

10) Fitz? He was flat out awful. His arm was SO weak that he really had no chance to connect deep to Graham. This is a shame, because Graham does have deep speed. Fitz does run well. Big deal. But my strong fear is that he is an inadequate QB. Even after today, his stats are not THAT bad. But he owes much of this to Gailey, who is obsessed with the pass, personnel notwithstanding.

11) Nice TD by Jones. I credit Gailey for this; it's nice when it actually works.

12) 75% of the season to go. We are no strangers to suffering, nor to keeping lit the flames of hope.

13) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots knew coming into the game that they would win by something like 3 TDs. They weren't even phased when they were down 21-7 and the Bills home crowd was going crazy! They just went to work and won the game.

We are now down in the Division 0-2 and as far as I'm concerned the playoffs are already out of reach.

Tomorrow is October 1st. Time to take advantage of the CNY fall weather and find better things to do on Sundays.

SS Wilson is a former WR. They have to upgrade the position.

Wanny is not helping matters at all. I saw very little blitzing. No way Rodgers can matchup with Gronk. We still have no clue on Welker. How about double team on Welker and Gronk?? We got outcoached again.

More than anything the Bills are weak mentally. When they got down there was no fight.

Very disappointing on many levels.

Just hard to find a bright spot today.

Gilmore was good, maybe the best game by our two young CB's yet. But Barney was left exposed on some bad scheming. He was the mop to our wet rag of a defensive front 7. I could not believe how poorly B.Scott played, either. Nothing I saw today told of passion, effort or heart on defense.

I have to watch the offense again. I want to look at play calling. The Patriots outplayed themselves today, it was a fluke, they're very good but they played near perfect football.

5) Go ahead and kick my ass, but Spiller's fumble before the half was VERY costly. It was a bad, stupid play. And as much as he is beloved, a pattern is starting to form. Yes, he played despite his injury. Fine, thanks. But he cost us momentum and points. And despite his ypc, he sucked. His blocking was horrible, and his fumble cost us dearly. But we can always point to his stats and pretend all is well.

CJ never should have played today. I know he's tough, but..............

CJ never should have played today. I know he's tough, but..............

As I predicted, no criticism of Jackson. Guess his fumble wasn't costly. Very productive running the ball, too.

So apparently FJ gets a pass on his fumble? When the game was 28-21 and still within reach. I'm sorry but that was way more costly. Now your just straight hating on Spiller.

Fred "Drury" Jackson is exempt from criticism

This loss is squarely on the coaching staff. They were abused in every phase of the game. Its just unthinkable that we play the Pats* twice every year and the coaching staff still cannot grasp a few simple facts. Pressure Brady up the middle and cover Welker and Gronk at all times. And don't get in a shootout with Brady!

The game plan was what.... ? Let Fitz throw 40 times and only rush Brady with 4 down linemen. That's a recipe for a loss every time. All they did was put the players in a position to fail and they executed it to perfection. Complete fail by this team. No energy, no intensity, no adjustments, no nothing but go out and hope we catch a few breaks. Pretty pathetic really.

Edited by Dan

So apparently FJ gets a pass on his fumble? When the game was 28-21 and still within reach. I'm sorry but that was way more costly. Now your just straight hating on Spiller.

Holy **** man, let it go. Yeah, it hurt and it shouldn't have happened. But you know what, he's earned it

Edited by Derek in Va

I liked the way Gilmore made the tackle when he was knocked out of the game. It reminded me of George Saimes, who was one of the surest tackles the Bills have ever had. Takes some courage to tackle that way.

Fitz = Tebow When he is good he can be great but when he is not you get a lot of INT's. They are both streaky. They both have a lot of confidence in themselves, or more directly, they don't fear forcing the ball into a receiver. Again this gives mixed results.

Lasty, why was Fitz in the game in the last 10 minutes? Did they really think they could come back? If Fitz is your #1, why would you risk injury to him? I really don't understand the coaching staff on that. That rings true for Spiller and Jackson also.

Lasty, why was Fitz in the game in the last 10 minutes? Did they really think they could come back? If Fitz is your #1, why would you risk injury to him? I really don't understand the coaching staff on that. That rings true for Spiller and Jackson also.

Agreed, and I am unable to answer this.

11). The Bills defense was so bad today I even had moment of nostalgia for Dick Juron. I was yelling at the TV so much for the Bills to show some different looks on defense that my wife had enough and told me to leave the room. Base 4 man line/rush, no stunting, no blitzing, dropping the 4th guy to rush 3 a couple times. Stupor Mario invisible again. Made Brady's day easy. 100 points allowed in 2 division games ain't gettin' it done..