Running backs available?

If only Choice and White are healthy enough to go on Sunday, are there any quality FA running backs sitting at home?

Can you bring one in for a few games? Not even sure how the rules work for this, i know in the NBA you can sign guys to 15 day contracts, and renew it once before having to sign them for the rest of the season. Does NFL offer anything like this?

A player can be signed then released, and would only be paid a prorated portion of the deal for the games played instead of the entire deal being guaranteed

The problem is, in order for the Bills to sign someone, someone has to be cut or lose them for the season on IR to make room for the player because the roster is full right now. They won't IR CJ or Freddie because they have short term injuries, so they would have to cut someone to make room on the roster for an extra player for a game or 2 until either of them can return

The fact the Bills have brought in WRs for workouts in the past 24 hours but not RBs is a testament that they're comfortable with Tashard Choice.

Fred will likely play anyway and CJ will be back soon. It would be almost impossible to sign a RB and suit him up cold off the street for this week.

I would rather see them cut Thigpen this week and add a WR or LB. Either bring Easley up and add a PS WR or sign a guy to play special teams. If Easley can't play special teams shame on him. I would be ok with adding another LB that can play ST's. It's time to end the 3 QB plus Smith nonsense.

I think they will be ok at RB. Jackson will play and Spiller is still not ruled out. Choice and White are good enough for one week even if FJ can't go.

I would rather see them cut Thigpen this week and add a WR or LB. Either bring Easley up and add a PS WR or sign a guy to play special teams. If Easley can't play special teams shame on him. I would be ok with adding another LB that can play ST's. It's time to end the 3 QB plus Smith nonsense.

I think they will be ok at RB. Jackson will play and Spiller is still not ruled out. Choice and White are good enough for one week even if FJ can't go.

T. Jackson hasn't even dressed yet which tells you how far along he is.

Choice did fine. Not a game breaker but he can run pretty tough inside.

Watching the ravens v pats, my take was outside runs weren't working too well anyway, CJs speciality. Need to run right at their rookie end behind Levitre and Glenn. Choice can get this done, then there will have to be some play action downfield stuff as I'd guess bellicheck will leave it open until chan proves they can connect there.

Running back is one of the few positions you can learn the playbook pretty quick at. I understand bringing a guy in off the street is not perfect, but if Choice goes down then White gets the majority of carries? Does anyone feel comfortable with that idea? Or Brad Smith?

I like Choice, but if he gets hurt, and you can believe the Pats of all teams will do whatever they can to ensure that, then the Bills are screwed.

Just a thought, more like carrying three running backs, since thats what Chan was doing anyways. Also giving Freddie another week to heal up. I want to win this game more then the 49ers or Cards game. How great would it be to put the Pats down 1-3 meanwhile the Bills sit at 3-1?

Smith should be the man. Little else makes sense with our main men due back shortly.

Johnny white is more than capable of getting the job done. He's one of the most underrated, hasn't had a chance to display what he's got up his sleeve. I'm comfortable with White if Choice goes down.

But wait until tacklers figure out that all you have to do is pull the hair, unless it (extensions?) comes out.

If only Choice and White are healthy enough to go on Sunday, are there any quality FA running backs sitting at home?

Can you bring one in for a few games? Not even sure how the rules work for this, i know in the NBA you can sign guys to 15 day contracts, and renew it once before having to sign them for the rest of the season. Does NFL offer anything like this?

I'm guessing McIntyre plays a bit more

Choice and White both (particularly Choice) know the playbook and have worked with the offense.

And Choice in particular is a very capable backup RB in my opinion.

Bringing in someone cold for 1 or 2 games seems a very bad move to me.

agreed. there is no way they will bring in another back. To learn Chan's offense for two weeks?

yeah right. They have four runners now in Choice, Johnny W, Brad Smith and even McEntyre. We will be fine.

Apparently Brian Moorman is available, he is pretty fast.